NFL power rankings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL power rankings

It is a power ranking of 32 teams, not a head to head ranking. We also have an unproven, rookie HC, and a QB that is considered highly questionable in the eyes of the national media.
And the Pats have a roster bereft of home run hitters. Tua is the superior QB by nearly every standard. Ignore the same media you mentioned. Of course, my friend, let’s see if my evaluation is more accurate than the so called power rankings. You have to ask yourself, not who is coaching, but who has the better personnel?

But I wasn't replying to your post. It was a response to someone else.

Are you suggesting that history shouldn't play a part in opinion/analysis?
Absolutely… the Dolphins, with average receivers a below average OLine and RBs won both matchups last season. And all 3 areas have been significantly improved. The same cannot be said if the Pats. Sorry about the misplaced posting.

And the Pats have a roster bereft of home run hitters. Tua is the superior QB by nearly every standard. Ignore the same media you mentioned. Of course, my friend, let’s see if my evaluation is more accurate than the so called power rankings. You have to ask yourself, not who is coaching, but who has the better personnel?
I wasn't defending them. I was only suggesting a couple probable factors.

Look, the whole thing is opinion. Opinion on the future at that. For example, your statement that Tua is the superior QB is just a matter of opinion. Most non Dolphin fans do not share that view, for whatever reason.

And I would suggest that personnel is only one of many factors to consider.

I have some issues with that list too, but it doesn't bother me that someone disagrees.

Why not? We've proven recently to be able to beat the Chargers/Raven(yeah yeah they were missing key players...blah blah).

It's not impossible, but you're talking about beating all the potential playoff teams without dropping one. That's not the most realistic expectation in the NFL where even bad teams beat good teams weekly.

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen. Just that it's not the most likely result.

Absolutely… the Dolphins, with average receivers a below average OLine and RBs won both matchups last season. And all 3 areas have been significantly improved. The same cannot be said if the Pats. Sorry about the misplaced posting.
I was speaking of the history in the context of the entire league. You are taking the head to head thing completely out of the context of a power ranking list.

It's not impossible, but you're talking about beating all the potential playoff teams without dropping one. That's not the most realistic expectation in the NFL where even bad teams beat good teams weekly.

I hope that's not the teams mentality going into those games. I hope their mentality is we're going to kick ALL THEIR A$$.

I hope that's not the teams mentality going into those games. I hope their mentality is we're going to kick ALL THEIR A$$.

It shouldn't be the teams mentality.

However, we don't suit up and play. I can be more realistic in my expectations.

They will definitely be without White so those two CB's being out clearly favors us........just for one game.

You can also consider this; New England lost JC Jackson for his career.

Baltimore's Marcus Peters is returning from an torn ACL he suffered before last season began. A season that saw the Ravens secondary rank in the bottom 5 in most categories.

Cincinnati's got Eli Apple and Chidobe Awuzie, basically JAG's. Their safeties are awesome though. Bates and that rookie Dax Hill.
Could be Miami comes put passing more than running early in the season.

That certainly helps. But it will be huge for us to split against them.

It's huge for us to play well against the AFC top teams.. Chargers, Bengals, Bills, Ravens.

We could write our own play off ticket if we take care of business against those teams. The pretty much represent the top Tier teams in the Conference. Head to Head victory against this practically puts us in the playoffs.

If you must lose then lose against GB, Minn, 49ers. No conference opponents.
Right. Just look at the AFC. With a few exceptions, every team has a chance.

I think the AFC West will beat up on each other and perhaps (hopefully) get just the division winner.

Baltimore and Cincinnati likely. Tennessee and Indianapolis probably. Buffalo and Miami.

It will be tough.

The media tongue is still licking and hanging out for that team that is firmly back in the last decade. Bless them. Those blinkered, rose tinted glass wearing dreamers will be hearing violins soon. I'm looking forward to burying them. We've done that already last 2 seasons with a seriously downgraded team to what we have now (mainly on Offense) which media still seem to blatantly forget. Pats are on the slide. Happy days.

Pretty much sums it up.

Why would any outsider give us the benefit of doubt at this point? "On paper" means squat. Ppl can get angry, be insulted, etc all they want, but until we actually do something on the field to change the narrative, I don't think we have much solid ground upon which to stand, if someone is trying to make a case that we are clearly better than any other mediocre team.

Win regular season games when it matters most. Make the damn playoffs. Win a freaking post season game. Then we have valid reasons to complain.

There are two things one can count on in the Power Rankings threads:

1. There will be people who are irrationally upset about them.

2. There will be people whose only response is, "Who Cares?"
This because people want someone to rant with them that Miami is ranked too low in the rankings.

Lol when Miami throttles New England the headline will be what’s wrong with New England and Miami got lucky that they got New England while they’re still trying to figure it out on offense

Back
Top Bottom