NFL power rankings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL power rankings

Trapper: Jones was invited to the PB only after 2 others were injured or passed. Again, media/league bias. The talent level between the team isn’t close, in favor of the Dolphins. It’s not like MM isn’t familiar with a Belicheat defense. He has 10 years in the league. JMO.
Yeah, wasn't he on Atlanta's coaching staff in LI?

Why would I care about rankings.

The league underestimates us and this forum quite honestly overestimates us in a lot of ways. It's bias from every direction.
Respectfully, ALL team forums.. other than maybe the Jets and Lions inflate their teams chances. But no one here (In reality) expect the Dolphins to make the SB, or even the AFC championship. We’d all be thrilled with 11-6 and a playoff berth. Personally, I’d be good at 10-7 in the stacked AFC. But you certainly can’t, in fairness justify the Pats being considered better on paper… which is where we are at the moment.

Respectfully, ALL team forums.. other than maybe the Jets and Lions inflate their teams chances. But no one here (In reality) expect the Dolphins to make the SB, or even the AFC championship. We’d all be thrilled with 11-6 and a playoff berth. Personally, I’d be good at 10-7 in the stacked AFC. But you certainly can’t, in fairness justify the Pats being considered better on paper… which is where we are at the moment.
I certainly wouldn't say they're better, but they were a playoff team last year; we weren't.

Pretty much sums it up.

Why would any outsider give us the benefit of doubt at this point? "On paper" means squat. Ppl can get angry, be insulted, etc all they want, but until we actually do something on the field to change the narrative, I don't think we have much solid ground upon which to stand, if someone is trying to make a case that we are clearly better than any other mediocre team.

Win regular season games when it matters most. Make the damn playoffs. Win a freaking post season game. Then we have valid reasons to complain.
My post merely ask for logic…. And why it wasn’t used by supposedly expert analysis.

I certainly wouldn't say they're better, but they were a playoff team last year; we weren't.
We also beat them twice. Head to head needs to count. Besides, this is THIS SEASON. The Dolphins have added 7 proven starters…. 2 who are All Pros. You know the rest. The Pats have lost star players.

Pretty much sums it up.

Why would any outsider give us the benefit of doubt at this point? "On paper" means squat. Ppl can get angry, be insulted, etc all they want, but until we actually do something on the field to change the narrative, I don't think we have much solid ground upon which to stand, if someone is trying to make a case that we are clearly better than any other mediocre team.

Win regular season games when it matters most. Make the damn playoffs. Win a freaking post season game. Then we have valid reasons to complain.
Yes. Results = status. it's not complicated. It goes for the team and every player.

My post merely ask for logic…. And why it wasn’t used by supposedly expert analysis.
But I wasn't replying to your post. It was a response to someone else.

Are you suggesting that history shouldn't play a part in opinion/analysis?

We also beat them twice. Head to head needs to count. Besides, this is THIS SEASON. The Dolphins have added 7 proven starters…. 2 who are All Pros. You know the rest. The Pats have lost star players.
It is a power ranking of 32 teams, not a head to head ranking. We also have an unproven, rookie HC, and a QB that is considered highly questionable in the eyes of the national media.

There are two things one can count on in the Power Rankings threads:

1. There will be people who are irrationally upset about them.

2. There will be people whose only response is, "Who Cares?"

So… The Dolphins defeated the Patsies twice last year, added significantly to squad. The Patsues list several key players, have no OC… and the Rankings have the Pats ahead of the Dolphins. Go figure. It’s not logical, especially with the Patsies a 3.5 point dog, and the game in Miami. The schedules are comparable as well.

For the moment, forget media bias. It’s just not LOGICAL.
Your right it’s not logical but there the paties and when was the last time the dolphins did anything

Trapper: Jones was invited to the PB only after 2 others were injured or passed. Again, media/league bias. The talent level between the team isn’t close, in favor of the Dolphins. It’s not like MM isn’t familiar with a Belicheat defense. He has 10 years in the league. JMO.
Again, not my beliefs, just pointing out what the media narrative is. None of it is anything I agree with, but until the games are played, I’m not sure why we would be surprised that the media favors NE

Again, not my beliefs, just pointing out what the media narrative is. None of it is anything I agree with, but until the games are played, I’m not sure why we would be surprised that the media favors NE
Not surprised. It’s the lack of cogent thinking.

I don't care about stupid lists but the ESPN list had 4-5 teams that had no business being ahead of Miami.

To be fair to the national media they don't follow every team closely and Miami has not done much to attract their attention for so long that you can't blame the lazy slobs for just mailing in their "same old Miami takes.

Stephen A probably thinks that Joe Philbin is still the coach.

Back
Top Bottom