NFL power rankings | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL power rankings

This because people want someone to rant with them that Miami is ranked too low in the rankings.

Lol when Miami throttles New England the headline will be what’s wrong with New England and Miami got lucky that they got New England while they’re still trying to figure it out on offense
I'm pretty sure I posted this exact thing earlier today. That was always Wonder Years' thing whenever Miami won. I'm not sure if this is Hanzus' first year doing these; we'll have to see.

So… The Dolphins defeated the Patsies twice last year, added significantly to squad. The Patsues list several key players, have no OC… and the Rankings have the Pats ahead of the Dolphins. Go figure. It’s not logical, especially with the Patsies a 3.5 point dog, and the game in Miami. The schedules are comparable as well.

For the moment, forget media bias. It’s just not LOGICAL.
The reason is the Patriots are a media favorite and the Dolphins aren’t. The media still believes that the Patriots are the same Patriots they were when Brady was the QB. They do everything they can to try and convince everyone that Jones is the second coming of Brady.

He’s not but the are too biased to accept the truth. Don’t worry about the media, the Dolphins will prove to all of them who the better team is real soon.

The Dolphins haven’t won anything in 20+ years. The Pats have won like 100 Super Bowls in that same span. And they made the playoffs last year.

They deserve the benefit of the doubt until we get off our asses and actually make the playoffs and win a game.

The reason is the Patriots are a media favorite and the Dolphins aren’t. The media still believes that the Patriots are the same Patriots they were when Brady was the QB. They do everything they can to try and convince everyone that Jones is the second coming of Brady.

He’s not but the are too biased to accept the truth. Don’t worry about the media, the Dolphins will prove to all of them who the better team is real soon.
Yes, I believe the champagne toast sealed the deal in Dolphin dissing. Again, even bias doesn’t explain what is factual… the Dolphins greatly improved their personnel, the Patriots regressed. I guess I give them too much credit for having even a modicum of intelligence.

The Dolphins haven’t won anything in 20+ years. The Pats have won like 100 Super Bowls in that same span. And they made the playoffs last year.

They deserve the benefit of the doubt until we get off our asses and actually make the playoffs and win a game.
Hard to disagree. To get bent out of shape that the media isn't glowing about us after 20+ years of meh'ness is crazy. Meanwhile, who cares? I just want to see the Phins be as good as we think they are.

That kind of objective logic will have 5 or so people taking personal aim at you or they might even add you to their long, proud, and growing ignore lists.

That kind of objective logic will have 5 or so people taking personal aim at you or they might even add you to their long, proud, and growing ignore list

I haven't read this thread, but can't argue with this logic.

1662554057633.png

So… The Dolphins defeated the Patsies twice last year, added significantly to squad. The Patsues list several key players, have no OC… and the Rankings have the Pats ahead of the Dolphins. Go figure. It’s not logical, especially with the Patsies a 3.5 point dog, and the game in Miami. The schedules are comparable as well.

For the moment, forget media bias. It’s just not LOGICAL.
Logic rarely plays a role in these early rankings. Most outsiders simply don't have/work with much information. I doubt that the things you mentioned were even known by the compiler. That's why national "expert" opinions are so useless. They are opinions based on very little or often incorrect information.

While I don't usually put too much into this, the same writer had Miami at #17 for week 18 of the 2021 season. That means that despite all of the upgrades this team had in the offseason, he believes they got two slots WORSE compared to the rest of the league.

That's just lazy.

While I don't usually put too much into this, the same writer had Miami at #17 for week 18 of the 2021 season. That means that despite all of the upgrades this team had in the offseason, he believes they got two slots WORSE compared to the rest of the league.

That's just lazy.
Generally, these rankings are just a regurgitation of what happened last year. I few teams will move if the writer is buying into some buzz, wants to generate clicks or likes a specific team or the like. But they are in no way predictive. They are useless in terms of providing any info about where the teams stand now. In other words, they are not useful as a current power ranking.

Generally, these rankings are just a regurgitation of what happened last year. I few teams will move if the writer is buying into some buzz, wants to generate clicks or likes a specific team or the like. But they are in no way predictive. They are useless in terms of providing any info about where the teams stand now. In other words, they are not useful as a current power ranking.

If they don't want them critiqued as such...they probably shouldn't call them power rankings, then.

Logic rarely plays a role in these early rankings. Most outsiders simply don't have/work with much information. I doubt that the things you mentioned were even known by the compiler. That's why national "expert" opinions are so useless. They are opinions based on very little or often incorrect information.
I'm not saying so-called expert opinions are always right, but don't you think it's a little condescending and presumptuous to make a broad statement like national experts' opinions are useless and based on very little information? You'd have to think at least some of them do their homework and have earned their jobs, no?

When they have to write or say something about every team, they are probably going to default to the national narrative on many teams. They’re doing it with both the Pats and the Dolphins. That’s how we see “surprise” and “disappointing” teams every year

I'm not saying so-called expert opinions are always right, but don't you think it's a little condescending and presumptuous to make a broad statement like national experts' opinions are useless and based on very little information? You'd have to think at least some of them do their homework and have earned their jobs, no?
Some, but not most. Guys like Baldinger and Warner clearly put in work watching film. That’s why when you read their opinions on Tua it’s remarkably different from the national consensus some “fans” here pretend is objective. I respect opinions that have put in the work, whether I reached a similar conclusion or not. But those guys that just read a stat sheet and base everything on that are useless.

Back
Top Bottom