NFL upholds Brady's suspension | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL upholds Brady's suspension

While I love all this happening to Brady, the Pats and their fans... I want Brady on the field for all 16 games. Why? Because if we end up winning the division, all we will hear is it was because Brady only played 12 games. Like 2008 all over again. The only way that isn't said is if we go on to make a deep playoff run. If it's a 1 and done, it's all we will hear.

It is about more than just one season. The Patriots cheated for his entire career one way or another. At this point we don't even know if anybody ever faced the Patriots was playing on a level playing field.

It's not like the Patriots or Tom Brady have a history of cheating ...

I mean, it's not like Tom Brady cheated on his girlfriend Bridget Moynahan with Gisele Bundchen and left Bridget when she was 3 months pregnant with his son for Gisele ... oh wait.

I mean, it's not like the Patriots ever got caught cheating ... oh wait.

I mean, it's not like the Patriots admitted to any culpability by accepting a million dollar fine and suspension of draft pick ... oh wait.

Good point everybody in the media is acting like Brady is a stand up guy. But he cheated on his pregnant wife and left her. And now is clearly lying out of his ass

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 12s13 seconds ago
Per source, NFLPA will ask judge to either rule by September 4 or to issue an injunction allowing Brady to play pending a ruling.

There's going to be a time frame issue that will have to be resolved soon. Teams playing the Pats will probably be bitching soon about game planning issues.

There's going to be a time frame issue that will have to be resolved soon. Teams playing the Pats will probably be bitching soon about game planning issues.

It isn't fair as far as game planning and having a level field but pats opponents never have a level playing field why start now

11050317_10153507943051100_8667736156506575558_n.jpg

It's a term you'd never think to use when describing the New England Patriots – from owner Robert Kraft right down to star quarterback Tom Brady:

Naïve.

Yet there was Kraft on Wednesday morning at a stunning and unscheduled press conference all but admitting he was just that as he apologized to fans for backing off the fight against the NFL over deflate-gate.

He was acknowledging the obvious: the Patriots lost this case – lost two draft picks, a million bucks, four games of Tom Brady's service and incalculable reputation for all involved. And they lost it as much out of poor strategy as evidence.

"I have come to the conclusion this was never about what was fair and just," Kraft said. "I was wrong to put my faith in the league."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-to...ger-goodell-s-trap-is-baffling-161339870.html

Sharp stuff here from Dan Wentzel, even if his portrayal of the Patriots as guilty mainly of stupidity -- rather than deliberate minor cheating and stupidity -- goes too far.

It should be fascinating to read the true inside story of this one day. I wonder if it will come out that Goodell had become increasingly embittered over the perception that formed -- especially after Spygate, where he destroyed the evidence and let the Patriots off easy even though he felt he probably should have suspended Bill Belichick for a year, if not forever (which is what I've heard was his initial inclination) -- that he was little more than Robert Kraft's lapdog.

Coming after years of hearing that from the owners and the fans (getting booed every draft, for example) and especially right after taking one in the nuts for Steve Biscotti over the Ray Rice scandal, he might have just finally snapped and decided to go full on Hiroshima on the next team discipline issue that came across his desk.

And who would it be other than the Patriots, the team that could least afford to be caught with even a sniff of cheating? All of Goodell's rage and guilt must have come bubbling to the surface, the accusations of impotency, the jeers from the fans, remembering what I can only imagine he said to Kraft back in '07... "if we catch you guys cheating one more time..." and on and on. It was the perfect storm, and Goodell dropped the banhammer. I'm glad.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I find to be hilarious...

1) Kraft says today that he was "tricked" because he accepted the $1M punishment with the expectation that the Brady suspension would be reduced. Sorry, pal, that shouldn't be how things work. You took the penalty so that the story would go away fast and you know that your organization did something wrong.
2) Sources are reporting that the NFL would have reduced the suspension to 2 games if Brady admitted guilt.

Why would you a) accept a huge fine, b) turn down a reduced suspension, and c) destroy your cell phone if you're innocent?

The more the Pats talk, the crappier their story gets.

The funniest and most pathetic thing was Mr. Kraft whining on the Boston Sports Channel, also known as ESPN.....he thought the $1,000,000 check he wrote for their fine would pay off Goodell and square things up. I am sure Kraft is used to buying off people, but not this time. :up:

Sharp stuff here from Dan Wentzel, even if his portrayal of the Patriots as guilty mainly of stupidity -- rather than deliberate minor cheating and stupidity -- goes too far.

Don't forget delusuonal & arrogant

The funniest and most pathetic thing was Mr. Kraft whining on the Boston Sports Channel, also known as ESPN.....he thought the $1,000,000 check he wrote for their fine would pay off Goodell and square things up. I am sure Kraft is used to buying off people, but not this time. :up:

I'm almost did the happy dance (kinda like on Elaine on Seinfeld) in the cafe at lunch yesterday when I found out the suspension was upheld.

Today, I got a good laugh from Bob K's PC.

Most of us have known people who cheated on tests or cheated on their spouses. They rarely get caught on their 1st offense and habitually do it over and over.
This is a dirty, corrupt team from top to bottom and they conduct themselves with an ends justifies the means mentality. Wouldn't surprise me if this team under BB has been committing rules infractions all along. We only know of spygate and these recent tampering of footballs.

You don't think that Goodell purposely botched some procedural crap so that he could save face and have Brady get off scott free, do you? If the court throws this out, that is exactly what will happen and next offseason will hear that Goodell and Kraft have put this behind them and are big buddies once again. As much as I am enjoying the Patriots pain right now, I am still scared that they are somehow going to walk away from this with Super Bowl rings and little to no punishment. We know that this isn't the first time they have cheated and won a Super Bowl and I have to believe that they have cheated on a regular basis for pretty much the last decade or more.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom