Nick saban this morning | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick saban this morning

jjizzim said:
It doesn't. But what it does do, is let them know that during the game you're not their friend and that you mean business. When the game is over that's when sportsmanship is shown. After you have beaten a team by 21 points and you walk up to them look them in the I shake their hand and say good game, you all played great and things like that. Answer me this question. How many times did you see ray lewis, ronnie lot, mike singletary, or steve atwater help people after big hits?????? you guys are pathetic :shakeno:

i gotta agree with you...jjizzim...except on only one thing...Dan Marino should have always been helped getting up...PERIOD!!!

go fins!!!

Sal Lisitano said:
i gotta agree with you...jjizzim...except on only one thing...Dan Marino should have always been helped getting up...PERIOD!!!

go fins!!!

My bad man. Your right. :D

I can not believe this guy! How could you teach children to blatantly disrespect others?!! Its teachings like that resulting in the way children treat adults today!! I think the way Zach, JT and the other guys on the team act toward their opponents is classy. You can play "hard-nosed" football and still be respectful. These guys have smarts and awesome character. There is no need to go out there and talk trash all day long, your playing should be your trash talking.

I pray that when i have kids and they play football, their coach is nothing like you!

:missmeth:

MissMeth said:
I can not believe this guy! How could you teach children to blatantly disrespect others?!! Its teachings like that resulting in the way children treat adults today!! I think the way Zach, JT and the other guys on the team act toward their opponents is classy. You can play "hard-nosed" football and still be respectful. These guys have smarts and awesome character. There is no need to go out there and talk trash all day long, your playing should be your trash talking.

I pray that when i have kids and they play football, their coach is nothing like you!

I think...a lot of people are not interpreting what he means...he's not telling the kids he coaches to step on the opponents hands when they are down...all he said was...you make a hit...walk away that's all...and yes..I really do feel that some of our players on the defense are soft...they don't need to be so nice on the field...bust some one up...walk away...no need to lend a helping hand...it is a physical sport btw.

Go Fins!!!

jjizzim said:
I don't like players to make a tackle and help the player up, THAT'S SOFT. I coach little leauge football and I make my players run laps in practice for doing that in games, you shake hands after the game is over, period.

Wow way to teach the kids to play fair and enjoy the sport. Remind me never to let my kids play for you. Maybe if they were getting paid to play they could act like that, but last time I checked almost all the Pro teams will help a guy up every now and again.

MissMeth said:

:allhail:

Sal Lisitano said:
I think...a lot of people are not interpreting what he means...he's not telling the kids he coaches to step on the opponents hands when they are down...all he said was...you make a hit...walk away that's all...and yes..I really do feel that some of our players on the defense are soft...they don't need to be so nice on the field...bust some one up...walk away...no need to lend a helping hand...it is a physical sport btw.

Go Fins!!!

no im not misinterpreting anything... even walking away is disrespectful! Yes it is a physical sport but that doesnt mean it has to be a rude sport too. Even the more reason to show no hard feelings. For you to say that it is "soft" for something to be considerate is just plain ridiculous. And we wonder why this world is so angry.

miamirick said:
Good post...except for the little league football stuff...Kids should learn good sportsmanship from an early age....IMO, helping up a player you just planted into the ground doesn't show weakness, it actually shows strength of character.

That's what I was going to say...

I applaud that type of sportsmanship. Make your play, but when it's done, have I like seeing them help one another up, etc. I think this is especially important in kids, as MiamiRick mentioned.

MissMeth said:

Well said, MissMeth.

I coach Traveling basketball, softball and baseball. My kids know if they say anything negative about the team we are playing or the umps and Ref's, they are on the bench. The parents get pissed at me, but I don't care. My teams are always well respected, and win.

Kids need to learn this and learn it early, win or lose with dignity!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I coach Traveling basketball, softball and baseball. My kids know if they say anything negative about the team we are playing or the umps and Ref's, they are on the bench. The parents get pissed at me, but I don't care. My teams are always well respected, and win.

Kids need to learn this and learn it early, win or lose with dignity!

The parents with values appreciate what you're doing for their children. The ones who complain are those who don't have values, and you're teaching them something their parents wouldn't. Kudos, bud.

jjizzim said:
It doesn't. But what it does do, is let them know that during the game you're not their friend and that you mean business. When the game is over that's when sportsmanship is shown. After you have beaten a team by 21 points and you walk up to them look them in the I shake their hand and say good game, you all played great and things like that. Answer me this question. How many times did you see ray lewis, ronnie lot, mike singletary, or steve atwater help people after big hits?????? you guys are pathetic :shakeno:

We're the pathetic one??? You need to read what you're saying. :shakeno:

awing_pilot said:
Wow way to teach the kids to play fair and enjoy the sport. Remind me never to let my kids play for you.
Hey. Just wanted to remind you!:D

Back
Top Bottom