Nick saban this morning | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick saban this morning

MissMeth said:
I can not believe this guy! How could you teach children to blatantly disrespect others?!! Its teachings like that resulting in the way children treat adults today!! I think the way Zach, JT and the other guys on the team act toward their opponents is classy. You can play "hard-nosed" football and still be respectful. These guys have smarts and awesome character. There is no need to go out there and talk trash all day long, your playing should be your trash talking.

I pray that when i have kids and they play football, their coach is nothing like you!
:missmeth:

OK first of all I said nothing about trash talking in my original text. Secondly how many times have this miami dolphins defense collapsed when it counted the most? How is not helping a player up disrespectful? you make no sense. And let me educate you on something, I don't know if you are white or black or hispanic or what, but let me tell you how most blacks play sports. WE TRASH TALK, PERIOD. It's what makes the games fun, it's called competition. I get pissed off when I hear commentators say oh this guy talks too much trash or that guy has a big mouth. Trash talking is an intrigal part of the game. everybody trash talks on the feild ( well not everybody but most) I don't know what neighborhood you live in but go to an area where it's prodominatlely black and watch a game of pickup basketball or sandlot football and you will see what I'm talking about. I couldn't imagine a football game with no trash talking on the feild, no receivers signaling firstdown after catches or no endzone celebrations, it would be boring. This is not the corporate board room it's a football field and it should be fun. If you cant have fun then why paly?:shakeno:

MissMeth said:
no im not misinterpreting anything... even walking away is disrespectful! Yes it is a physical sport but that doesnt mean it has to be a rude sport too. Even the more reason to show no hard feelings. For you to say that it is "soft" for something to be considerate is just plain ridiculous. And we wonder why this world is so angry.

NO HARD FEELINGS? Dude are you a girl? Have you ever played the game? do also believe that it is ok for players to cry? you sir are the epitome of soft. :yell:

jjizzim said:
Nick saban was on the radio this mornig with Joe Rose for his weekly appearance and had some really nice things to say IMO. The one thing that he said the most is that (and I'm paraphrasing here) he wants a team that plays physical hard nosed football that other teams don't want to play against. He also said that this is more important than what the scoreboard says.

Now this is how I feel about his statement.

It's about damn time we get a coach in here that want's to play some real football. I'm not talking about the finess candyass type football that we've been subjected to since the killer bees of the 80's (or was it early nineties? i forget) Don shula had marino so the offense was more of a finess offense and the defense just was not that good. Then jimmy came in and tried to implement a more punishing type offense but still had marino and shula's players so that didn't work. He also brought his miami philosophy of great speed on defense but what he failed to remember is that Those UM teamse had some real intimidating players on it that would knock the snot out of you if you got it twisted. (that's slang for misunderstood). And then wanstadt came in and just did nothing to improve the seemingly obvious flaw. no disrespect to Zach, Sam, Jason, or surtain, but they all are undersized and IMHO too nice. I don't like players to make a tackle and help the player up, THAT'S SOFT. I coach little leauge football and I make my players run laps in practice for doing that in games, you shake hands after the game is over, period. No one on our defense struck fear in opposing offenses. The closest we got to a big hitter recently was Sammy knight but he just didn't have that atwater, or lot, or even lynch attitude. I would have loved for us to pick up that safety from denver (I forget his name the one who knocked chambers out two years ago). those are the types of players that need to be on this team, mean and nasty sons of *******. I believe that if you play physical hardnosed football for four quaters, every game, the score board will take care of itself. Our team over the years while good, has never had this type of personell make up but I'm starting to see that change. Anybody feel like I do or am I just crazy??????/ :fire:

Yeah, you are right, Shula was a loser. Can't believe he hung around as long as he did.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jjizzim said:
OK first of all I said nothing about trash talking in my original text. Secondly how many times have this miami dolphins defense collapsed when it counted the most? How is not helping a player up disrespectful? you make no sense. And let me educate you on something, I don't know if you are white or black or hispanic or what, but let me tell you how most blacks play sports. WE TRASH TALK, PERIOD. It's what makes the games fun, it's called competition. I get pissed off when I hear commentators say oh this guy talks too much trash or that guy has a big mouth. Trash talking is an intrigal part of the game. everybody trash talks on the feild ( well not everybody but most) I don't know what neighborhood you live in but go to an area where it's prodominatlely black and watch a game of pickup basketball or sandlot football and you will see what I'm talking about. I couldn't imagine a football game with no trash talking on the feild, no receivers signaling firstdown after catches or no endzone celebrations, it would be boring. This is not the corporate board room it's a football field and it should be fun. If you cant have fun then why paly?:shakeno:

I have to disagree, trash talking makes it fun??? Why not play the game for the love of the game?

I'm not even going to get into the race thing!

I may be 41, but I still play competitive basketball and baseball, I don't trash talk, and I have a ball!

The kids on my teams I coach don't trash talk, they keep coming back to play.

And have you ever sat in a corporate board room??? That's where you here trash talking!

islandah said:
Glad my son isn't learning his sportsmanship from you! It isn't being soft to have enough self-respect to help an opponent up, and then continue to knock him down on the next play.
Exactomundo. That was my thought exactly. That type of attitude smells of arrogance and disrespect. You also have to remember alot of the players actually know each other well. Sounds too much like marine corp training !!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I coach Traveling basketball, softball and baseball. My kids know if they say anything negative about the team we are playing or the umps and Ref's, they are on the bench. The parents get pissed at me, but I don't care. My teams are always well respected, and win.

Kids need to learn this and learn it early, win or lose with dignity!

WHO IN THE HELL SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BEING DISREPECTFUL OR TALKING TRASH????? ALL I'M SAYING IS MAKE A PLAY AND GO BACK TO YOUR HUDDLE. GEEZ STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

jjizzim said:
WHO IN THE HELL SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BEING DISREPECTFUL OR TALKING TRASH????? ALL I'M SAYING IS MAKE A PLAY AND GO BACK TO YOUR HUDDLE. GEEZ STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH.

Did I quote you????? I don't think so. :shakeno:
Your putting all the words in your mouth on this one.

Did you not just post that trash talking is fun??? :confused:

Or did I put that in in your post also!

• First you cannot compare what goes on in the pro game to any other level. It's a brutal violent game full of intimidation... period.
  • Unfortunately many young players today are more influenecd by what they see on TV rather than what they learn on their practice field or at home for that matter.
  • A significant amount of players on the pro level have come from some very rough places, helping others up is not high on the survival list.
  • Football is not a sport for the timid at any level... parents should recognize this and get their kids out of the game and on to another sport... period.
  • The chemistry and mentallity required to play the game, especially at high levels is such that it over-rides other considerations... like helping the other player up. You are asking a kid to play with aggression one second and then the next second you are asking him to be kind.... a conflict.
  • Be humble in winning, learn from your losses, show respect for the competition, keep your mouth shut, and play like your hair is on fire every down.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I coach Traveling basketball, softball and baseball. My kids know if they say anything negative about the team we are playing or the umps and Ref's, they are on the bench. The parents get pissed at me, but I don't care. My teams are always well respected, and win.

Kids need to learn this and learn it early, win or lose with dignity!

And by the way I would do the same thing you did if my players talked trash to the refs or said out of line things to other players. I had a situation once where one of my players got into a fight with another player but the refs thought it was another one of my players involved in the fight and ejected the wrong player. I made the player that was involved in the fight take off his uniform and sit the rest of the game for principle purposes, this put me down two of my best players and parents were very upset. we ended up losing the game but it's was the principle that counted and I wanted to send a message to the rest of my players that under no circumstances is fighting tolerated even if you supposedly got away with it. So don't talk to me about sportmanship a am an advocate

MelbournePhin said:
rough day for jjizzim

naw I'm alright. I like to debate. I just don't see why everyone is twisting my words and misinterpreting what I'm saying, which is, MAKE THE PLAY AND RETURN TO YOURE HUDDLE.

And no one seems to want to address the rest of my satement as it relates to the dolphins this is really what I wanted to debate about. not about my little leauge coaching abilities. I know what I stand for when I teach kids so that's not really an issue to me.

Can you talk out of any more sides of your mouth ? You seem to change directions everytime someone calls you out on something you've said.

It seems pretty obvious you don't know enough about sportsmanship to teach it to anybody.

Knock the guy down, help him get up, knock him back down the very next play.

C'mon dude, little kids ?

jlfin said:
Yeah, you are right, Shula was a loser. Can't believe he hung around as long as he did.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Don shula was great in the seventies and I'm not taking anything away from him. But how many superbowls did he win in the 80's or 90's ????????:confused: how about zero. to me it's all about championships and we have none to show since 73

• Many of todays issues lay at the feet of parents and not kids.
  • Parents think they always have the next.... they have more of a chance of getting struck by lighning.
  • Parents rarely make good coaches... there are exceptions.
  • Parents behavior is a significant issue for many kids, many choose to quit sports rather that to listen to parents rail....
  • Parents would be better served to ask their kids to show repect for authority, the game, their opponent and give 100% at all times... and then stay out of it.

Back
Top Bottom