No Jason Allen Love | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Jason Allen Love

FanMarino said:
Eeeerrrrr.....i'm not interested.
This thread is about our Jason Allen pick and you post that? :confused:

I watch all video of all AFCE rookies to see what were up against. It's just as interesting.

chris34au said:
how would Cromartie have been a bigger risk than Allen?i'd heard that Allen has the same degenerative hip condition that ended Bo Jackson career and that he only had 80% of the strength in his bad hip as opposed to his good one.maybe it wasn't true but i could've sworn that i read it in one of the articles on NFL.com.

I don't know where you read that...I have read that it's possible for his injury to become the degenerative type like Jacksons, but it's not probablethat it will citing, for one thing, advances in surgery and rehab in the 20 yrs since Jackson had his injury. He seems to have returned to pretty close to full health since he ran a 4.47 at the combine and in college was timed at 4.42...If that is 80%, I'll take it... He has the same level of ability as Huff, and Whitner was projected below him in draft status, even with the injury...

Sorry, fat fingers...forgot to add that as far as Cromartie, IMHO, how can you compare a guy that has missed an entire year ??? Based off his previous 2 yrs ??? I see Cromartie (and did before the draft) as a much bigger risk at #16 than Allen...

LarryFinFan said:
I don't know where you read that...I have read that it's possible for his injury to become the degenerative type like Jacksons, but it's not probablethat it will citing, for one thing, advances in surgery and rehab in the 20 yrs since Jackson had his injury. He seems to have returned to pretty close to full health since he ran a 4.47 at the combine and in college was timed at 4.42...If that is 80%, I'll take it... He has the same level of ability as Huff, and Whitner was projected below him in draft status, even with the injury...

He actually ran a 4.41 at the combine...

chris34au said:
how would Cromartie have been a bigger risk than Allen?i'd heard that Allen has the same degenerative hip condition that ended Bo Jackson career and that he only had 80% of the strength in his bad hip as opposed to his good one.maybe it wasn't true but i could've sworn that i read it in one of the articles on NFL.com.

Well let's here. D Wright fell all the way to the seventh round over a torn rotator cuff that he wasn't aware that he had, but all the coaches in the NFL new.

No one saw Cromartie because he didn't play last year due to injury.

Yet, we are to believe that Allen has a degenerative hip condition that got past our Drs. and all the rest of those who went over him with a fine tooth comb.

Makes you wonder, don't it?

MrTibbs said:
I watch all video of all AFCE rookies to see what were up against. It's just as interesting.

ok. no probs. :wink:

FinNasty said:
I was watching that... and ya... Allen is so much better than Whitner it is rediculous.

Please save your homerism for another argument. :rolleyes:

BillsCA said:
Please save your homerism for another argument. :rolleyes:
I see you made it over here from BuffaloRange...

Homerism? Please... Allen is more talented than Whitner... no question.

Allen was taken after Whitner because of his hip injury... not because of his talent level... :rolleyes:

Not to mention Whitner was taken too high by you guys anyway...

LarryFinFan said:
thanks for clearing that up.i can't remember where i read it(i was reading about anything that i could get my hands on before the draft) but i'm glad to hear that there's little risk in it becoming more serious.

I really do like him too, just wished we wouldhave traded down and got him, like 4 picks later

Allen was the most Athletic DB in the entire draft...he was a leader in college and a playmaker when healthy. He's a cover safety who will blanket the receiver and will eliminate a side of the field for the QB... what else do you poeple want? a cookie?

youre just angry cuz marv cant remeber what day it is and that you took a tackle in the 1st who was projected one spot below the oe we took in the 5th:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

PhinFan0202 said:
Screw what the analyst say i have faith that Allen will be a stud.

Exactly.

Besides, would you rather have a favorite of the talking heads who goes on to suck or a guy they diss who goes on to be a stud?

Back
Top Bottom