No Jason Allen Love | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Jason Allen Love

Justasportsfan said:
what you say and what others say are two different things. As a matter of fact a lot of people had Saban drafting Whitner at 16.

Sort of like the comparisons between Tim Couch, Cade McNown and Akili Smith after they were drafted? :D

Justasportsfan said:
exactly, tell that to finasty . He thinks Allen is better because you drafted him. :up:
What exactly am I supposed to be telling FinNasty? According to him, "[he] made [his] feelings on Allen and Whitner known before either of them were drafted by our respective teams[,]" and the following would seem to back that up (it should be noted, however, that the comment was made in response to a mock draft made in week 11[?] last season, which was long before Allen was examined by the Dolphins medical staff and he ran in the combine):
FinNasty said:

MrTibbs said:
I watch all video of all AFCE rookies to see what were up against. It's just as interesting.
Your a female with the name Mr Tibbs? Do I want to know why?!! LOL ..Those runs are impressive but if you look at most of those plays they succeed because of the O-line. With the holes that are being opened even someone like Travis Minor would look like Jim Brown.:shakeno: But it looks like the kid can see the field very well.

[quote='Phins & 'Canes]I actually like him. Ran great at the combine and passed the Dolphins physical exam, so that's got to be encouraging. The funny thing is, if the pick would have been Cromartie, people would have been sky high and he's a bigger risk than Allen and has nowhere near the college resume' that Allen has. Makes you wonder what fans are really looking at.[/quote]

Excellent point.

Motion said:
No different than on this board, thats the sad part.

opinions are just that, opinions. and it doesnt matter if Allen gets boasted as a better prospect than whitner, or huff, and it doesnt matter what draft grade some suit gives us because he gets paid to be objective...

no one hyped up bob sanders, and look at the guy, hes on his way to ed reed status...and deservedly so.

we see how our new DB plays, and then WE ( dolfans ) WILL judge his skills ( as biased fans:), and if he fits the team or not,.

Jason Allen is a smart pick by Saban because he can fill two needs CB or FS. I believe he will play FS but can always fill in at CB depending on the formation. If he wasn't injured he would have been a top 10 pick in the draft.

Justasportsfan said:
exactly, tell that to finasty . He thinks Allen is better because you drafted him. :up:

How many times do I have to say this... I think Allen is better... because I think he is better... it has nothing to do with where they were drafted... or by who...

I have always thought Allen was better than Whitner... and have said that for a long time on these boards...

FinNasty said:
I see you made it over here from BuffaloRange...

Homerism? Please... Allen is more talented than Whitner... no question.

Allen was taken after Whitner because of his hip injury... not because of his talent level... :rolleyes:

Not to mention Whitner was taken too high by you guys anyway...

Amen brother. I thought the guys were going to laugh themselves off their chairs on the air. I remember just about everyone using statements like "stupid", "waste of a pick" and "bad drafting" in regards to the Bills pick. Everyone said Whitner went WAY to high. You guys passed on Leinert. Hello!!

Justasportsfan said:
which weighs heavily on Sabans opinion. Didn't he turn down Brees based on medical issues? therefore it's not far fetched to think Saban would've taken Whitner. I've seen tape on both of them, Whitner looks definitely better. Then again, it doesn't matter what you and I think. We shall soon see who's better.
Exactly... I have watched both play... and I think Allen is better. But Whitner might have been drafted ahead of Allen (even though Allen is better) because Whitner doesnt have a hip injury...

that doesnt mean that Allen isnt better... it just means Whitner is less of a risk...

MrTibbs said:
I watch all video of all AFCE rookies to see what were up against. It's just as interesting.

In that video, he looks weak and not all that elusive...good speed though.

Allen is going to be better than Whitner. He can become a solid tackler (even Madison tackled better last year), and he is superior to Whitner in every other way. Assuming Allen stays healthy, he is the better player.

BillsCA said:
Please save your homerism for another argument. :rolleyes:

so now, suddenly whitner is phenomenal. i bet you weren't saying that on draft day.

i ranked them the same before draft day, though they play different safety positions. basically it was Huff, and then the rest of them.

FanMarino said:
Im rooting for Allen. We didnt have a bad draft and Allen is a potential starter. We were starved of picks this draft and we filled a need on Defense. If Allen is fully fit and i havnt read or heard anything to suggest otherwise then what is the problem?

Potential starter? You mean potential star.

who carss what the greasy head slimebag mel kiper or any other pompus analyst thinks, these guys are paid to start beef and state their own opinion.If they were so smart they would all be running nfl personnel departments.

themole said:
Well let's here. D Wright fell all the way to the seventh round over a torn rotator cuff that he wasn't aware that he had, but all the coaches in the NFL new.

No one saw Cromartie because he didn't play last year due to injury.

Yet, we are to believe that Allen has a degenerative hip condition that got past our Drs. and all the rest of those who went over him with a fine tooth comb.

Makes you wonder, don't it?

Things that make you go umm?

Back
Top Bottom