No Jason Allen Love | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Jason Allen Love

FinNasty said:
hahaha... ok... well thats all I needed to hear...

If you are basing your opinions on a video that was made to show bad clips of Allen... you are a fool. You can make the same video for Whitner... or Huff... or anyone...
Na, I wasn't basing it on the video, I was basing it on what most draft boards said. Whitner to be taken at 16 by Miami. Now that you took a S with injury issues , it's not hard to believe that Saban would've taken Whitner.

But you can believe that Allen is a better safety all you want because you drafted him.

Just like Vick is not a scumbag all of a sudden because he's trying out with the fins. :up:

PhinFan0202 said:
Screw what the analyst say i have faith that Allen will be a stud.

sometimes you you look at players just looking at them you feel they will be good

I had that sense about channing crowder last year.

This year I have have that sense about jason allen and the hagan kid

Justasportsfan said:
Na, I wasn't basing it on the video, I was basing it on what most draft boards said. Whitner to be taken at 16 by Miami. Now that you took a S with injury issues , it's not hard to believe that Saban would've taken Whitner.
I'm sure that the only one who knows whether Saban would've taken Whitner at 16 is... Saban. If and when you come up with a quote where he admits to planning to do so, let us know. Otherwise, all you have is speculation.

Justasportsfan said:

But you can believe that Allen is a better safety all you want because you drafted him.

Just like Vick is not a scumbag all of a sudden because he's trying out with the fins. :up:
I never said that... Whitner might have been taken by Saban over Allen... because he doesnt have the injury issues... but who knows? I dont... you dont... only Saban does...

However, that doesnt mean that Whitner is more talented than Allen... it just means Allen has an injury concern.

Justasportsfan said:

Hey no one said he wasnt a scumbag, tell us something we dont know, btw, im sure he would have no problem cracking the string of hall of fame qbs on your squad, dont talk about bad character, look at the guy you guys draftd in the 5th

EBMisfit said:
I'm sure that the only one who knows whether Saban would've taken Whitner at 16 is... Saban. If and when you come up with a quote where he admits to planning to do so, let us know. Otherwise, all you have is speculation.
exactly, tell that to finasty . He thinks Allen is better because you drafted him. :up:

FinNasty said:
However, that doesnt mean that Whitner is more talented than Allen... it just means Allen has an injury concern.
which weighs heavily on Sabans opinion. Didn't he turn down Brees based on medical issues? therefore it's not far fetched to think Saban would've taken Whitner. I've seen tape on both of them, Whitner looks definitely better. Then again, it doesn't matter what you and I think. We shall soon see who's better.

chris34au said:
this isn't the same article but it does mention the degenerative hip condition and it was written after he'd ran his 40.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5483180
It mentions some vague "concern" that there might be a degenerative hip condition. It also says he ran a 4.39 40. If thats a bad hip, break his other one, hell break everyones, we'll be the fastest team in the NFL.

Justasportsfan said:
exactly, tell that to finasty . He thinks Allen is better because you drafted him. :up:
Whether hes better or not Allen was drafted by Miami because hes a better fit for this defense. For one he has the versitility to play either CB or FS something Whitner doesnt have. He also has better speed and in comparison to other CB's Allen tested out to be the most atheletic DB in the last 7 years based on the metric CK used in VIP a while back (Thanks CK!). This is the metric I am referring to: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=128422

Furthermore, Allen likely does not suffer from the feared hip injury. This was a post by CK (with help from KB21 who I believe works in the medical profession) from VIP:

"KB21 to be an excellent source on this injury and he has done research on it. There are a few key controlling issues.

1. Avascular necrosis is the "degenerative hip" they are talking about.

2. AVN pretty much only occurs with hip dislocations if the capsule remains in tact. This is because with the capsule in tact, fluid builds up and has nowhere to release. The fluid pressure builds up and permanently damages the circulation in the joint. If the capsule breaks, the fluid just leaks away...no pressure means no chance of AVN.

3. Jason Allen's hip injury supposedly required no surgical repair to the capsule, which means he did run a risk of AVN.

4. If you get to surgery within 6 hours of the injury, chances are less than 10 percent that you will develop AVN. The Vols were at home when Allen got injured, and there's no reason to believe he wasn't rushed to surgery immediately.

5. AVN first begins showing up on XRAYS. This is why I doubt the testimony of this guy. The joint begins to look different on X-Rays approximately 5 months after surgery. As far as I know, March was the fifth month since Allen's surgery. April is the sixth month. In other words, if AVN was coming on, you would have seen it in the XRAYS at the Combine (tail end of Feb), or in March, or in April.

Nobody knows what that xray looks like but our doctors. If they say there's no AVN setting on then I believe them. To me, that's the bottom line."

Its nothing spectacularly groundbreaking that cant be found with some research but the fact is that if what is said is true than Miami got a better pick then Whitner. Allen was the much higher ranked player before his hip injury, projected to go top 10-12 while whitner was thought to be a late 1st rd guy on most mock drafts. A few had the Phins reaching for him at 16.

Lastly, Allen was a player recruited by Saban to LSU. Obviously he didnt get him but he knew then how he would fit in this defense so Im assuming he has a similar plan in mind. The fact that we never even tried to trade down tells me Allen was the targeted pick all the way.

Now dont get me wrong, I dont think Whitner is a bad player at all. I think he'll be good. But he does take himself out of position sometimes and he doesnt make a lot of plays in the passing game. He ran a 4.45 on a fast track (something OSU is noted for having) and his athletic metric ranked 14 out of the 60+ DB's ranked in CK's metric while Allen ranked #1. And that metric was made a month or 2 ago long before Allen was ever a Phin. the fact of the matter is that Whitner may and probably will turn out to be a good player, you probably could have dealt down 12-15 slots and still gotten him.

Back
Top Bottom