No QB will ever be good enough for you guys. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No QB will ever be good enough for you guys.

OK calm down, calm down. I know we wont get another Dan Marino on this team, but that doesnt mean we have to settle on AJ. We can find someone else to start, someone PROVEN

This Marino comparison crap is getting old. Nobody is asking for another Marino, just a qb that can hit an open reciever would be nice.

give feely a shot... i'll admit im not the biggest fan but we invested a lot in him with a 2nd round pick. Lets see what Saban can for him but once he starts throwing those picks and giving up TD's on em', it'll be his time to ride the pine.

im with most people we HAVE to give him a shot... last years offensive line was horrible... and he showed signs of improvement towards the end... lets give him a shot...

fitskin said:
I will say it and I don't care what you say back to me. No QB will ever be good enough for a lot of you people. Dan Marino was the best quarterback of all time and that is all good and great, but guess what, he is gone. NOBODY who is even 75% as good as Marino will EVER get into a Dolphins uniform again.

Please lets give Feeley a chance. Yes, he was terrible last year, but so was Z. Thomas. Anybody who knows football knows that Zach had an off year last year.

Feeley can succeed in the offense, just give him a chance. Saban will and thats the only one that matters.

Give yourself a break and tell yourself this. Neither Marino or anybody like him will ever be our quarterback again. GET OVER IT and give Feeley a chance

EDIT Entering the 2004 campaign, Fiedler had a starting record of 36-17 record (.679 percentage.) If this isn't good enough nothing ever will be.

I highly disagree with your Zach quote! He was being double teamed by O-lineman and still got 145 tackles in 13 games!

AJ was way bellow average last year, you cannot blame anyone for wanting an upgrade. He made Jay look great!

AJ will have a chance, and if he fails, he has only himself to blame.

occamz_razr you changed your avatar!!!!!

I am not enjoying your posts as much as I used to...

Marino was a one man show...

He was not and will never be the best passer ever...NO, never...and I repeat NEVER...A GREAT passer wins champinships....yeah, boohoo...he didn't have the team, the that...NO EXCUSES. SORRY people, he had a great arm and all, but no championship translates to NOT THE GREATEST QB ever...and more than that, people tend to forget that it takes more than memories to have a great team. Let the past be the past and look forward to the future.

Saban, as I have seen him here in Louisiana, is a miracle worker...said it once and will sait it again. He knows what it takes to win, if that means winning with Feeley, let him try it, if it doesn't work, well, take a QB next year...this is a rebuilding year, and it is absolutely SILLY to think that BC the QB is not Marino, they can't win.

I tell you, Marino played since 1983 to 1996. 13 years and what is there to show for it...ZIP{...a very prolific passer...what the hell does that mean. I rather take a championship than having a prolific passer. NOt to say Marino himself is to blame for not winning the big game, but he must have something to do with it.

You'll see, pretty soon, when the Phins win the SB, people will say...Dan who? Ohhh, the Dan Fouts of the east...yeah, I remember him....but....he never won a championship, so why was he that good?

You'll see

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I highly disagree with your Zach quote! He was being double teamed by O-lineman and still got 145 tackles in 13 games!

AJ was way bellow average last year, you cannot blame anyone for wanting an upgrade. He made Jay look great!

AJ will have a chance, and if he fails, he has only himself to blame.
I agree with all of that 100% NJ. Excellent points. :clap:

fitskin said:
I will say it and I don't care what you say back to me. No QB will ever be good enough for a lot of you people. Dan Marino was the best quarterback of all time and that is all good and great, but guess what, he is gone. NOBODY who is even 75% as good as Marino will EVER get into a Dolphins uniform again.

Please lets give Feeley a chance. Yes, he was terrible last year, but so was Z. Thomas. Anybody who knows football knows that Zach had an off year last year.

Feeley can succeed in the offense, just give him a chance. Saban will and thats the only one that matters.

Give yourself a break and tell yourself this. Neither Marino or anybody like him will ever be our quarterback again. GET OVER IT and give Feeley a chance

EDIT Entering the 2004 campaign, Fiedler had a starting record of 36-17 record (.679 percentage.) If this isn't good enough nothing ever will be.

A QB who is Pro Bowl caliber would be satisfying. BTW, are you trying to say that Fiedler was great? He may have been a great backup, but unfortunately we used him as a starter.

Chiribean said:
He was not and will never be the best passer ever...NO, never...and I repeat NEVER...A GREAT passer wins champinships....yeah, boohoo...he didn't have the team, the that...NO EXCUSES. SORRY people, he had a great arm and all, but no championship translates to NOT THE GREATEST QB ever...and more than that, people tend to forget that it takes more than memories to have a great team. Let the past be the past and look forward to the future.

Saban, as I have seen him here in Louisiana, is a miracle worker...said it once and will sait it again. He knows what it takes to win, if that means winning with Feeley, let him try it, if it doesn't work, well, take a QB next year...this is a rebuilding year, and it is absolutely SILLY to think that BC the QB is not Marino, they can't win.

I tell you, Marino played since 1983 to 1996. 13 years and what is there to show for it...ZIP{...a very prolific passer...what the hell does that mean. I rather take a championship than having a prolific passer. NOt to say Marino himself is to blame for not winning the big game, but he must have something to do with it.

You'll see, pretty soon, when the Phins win the SB, people will say...Dan who? Ohhh, the Dan Fouts of the east...yeah, I remember him....but....he never won a championship, so why was he that good?

You'll see

Marino would have had a few more chances for a championship if he would have let his ego go. He never let the coaches try to establish a running game.

As for Feely, you need a good QB to win in the NFL, but you don't need a superstar. That said Feely is the worst starting QB in the NFL and that is not nearly good enough.

WingEater said:
Marino would have had a few more chances for a championship if he would have let his ego go. He never let the coaches try to establish a running game.

Maybe the coaches should have picked up talented RBs and a running game might have been possible.

I will be the first one to say I am not sold on AJ. However, I will also be the first to say he deserves this year to prove himself. Whether he proves himself to be terrible or sufficient, that remains to be seen.

My main point in saying lets see what aj has is, do you really think ANY QB... ANY, you can name any... would have succeeded in that offensive system (if you call it that) with that offensive line play? I do not. You could put someone like a Marino there he would have been killed. SOmone like Vick would be running all day and gotten injured in like the 3rd or 4th game.

WingEater said:

As for Feely, you need a good QB to win in the NFL, but you don't need a superstar. That said Feely is the worst starting QB in the NFL and that is not nearly good enough.

I think you have an idea of the problem for him...Can't and will not even try to pinpoint the reason, but I think you might be on to something therre...and really, I don't care, because Marino is retired and he is never ever gonna know what winning the Sb feels like...Let's see what the NEW dolphins can do.

I agree, Feeley might be one of, f not the worse starting QB, but, maybe not. I just tell you guys, I thought OUr beloved LSU program was as dead as can be....But damn does he know how to make people win. Hopefully he do that to mine and yours beloved Dolphins...Have faith in Nick..he is trully and sincerely a MIRACLE WORKER.

I have to agree with FITS on this one. I think the Feeley will become a quality QB for us. With an improved line and a decent running game we have the potenial to go far. I'm not saying were going to be 17-0 and win the superbowl every year. But we'll definitely be a contender. Give the man some time. Every body is going to give Saban some time why not Feeley?

Back
Top Bottom