No QB will ever be good enough for you guys. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No QB will ever be good enough for you guys.

fitskin said:
I will say it and I don't care what you say back to me. No QB will ever be good enough for a lot of you people. Dan Marino was the best quarterback of all time and that is all good and great, but guess what, he is gone. NOBODY who is even 75% as good as Marino will EVER get into a Dolphins uniform again.

Please lets give Feeley a chance. Yes, he was terrible last year, but so was Z. Thomas. Anybody who knows football knows that Zach had an off year last year.

Feeley can succeed in the offense, just give him a chance. Saban will and thats the only one that matters.

Give yourself a break and tell yourself this. Neither Marino or anybody like him will ever be our quarterback again. GET OVER IT and give Feeley a chance

EDIT Entering the 2004 campaign, Fiedler had a starting record of 36-17 record (.679 percentage.) If this isn't good enough nothing ever will be.

zack was injured, thats why he was 'off'

Why even bother reading all the coments about this thread!

Zach was off this year? Ok then bye bye!

Who is this QB that is 75 percent of Marino lets draft him! Oh yah right there isnt one!

By all means give Feeley a chance, we could win lots of games if he improves but no QB on our roster right now is 75 percent of what Dan was! We couldnt of drafted one either.

Lay off the Zach stuff brother for your looking dumb!

Mr Yu said:
O.K. , I see ..wouldn't want facts to get in the way.

Course you wouldnt want to state all teh facts would you? Stats are the facts? Hardly. Do the 145 tackles stat take into account the tackles he made 15 yds down field after the back went by him at the line? I am not argueing Zt was bad last year, I disagree with that notion, I just hate the way some use stats as absolutes. They are not absolutes, they are half the story, not all.

fitskin said:
I will say it and I don't care what you say back to me. No QB will ever be good enough for a lot of you people. Dan Marino was the best quarterback of all time and that is all good and great, but guess what, he is gone. NOBODY who is even 75% as good as Marino will EVER get into a Dolphins uniform again.

Please lets give Feeley a chance. Yes, he was terrible last year, but so was Z. Thomas. Anybody who knows football knows that Zach had an off year last year.

Feeley can succeed in the offense, just give him a chance. Saban will and thats the only one that matters.

Give yourself a break and tell yourself this. Neither Marino or anybody like him will ever be our quarterback again. GET OVER IT and give Feeley a chance

EDIT Entering the 2004 campaign, Fiedler had a starting record of 36-17 record (.679 percentage.) If this isn't good enough nothing ever will be.

Get back to me when Fiedler or Feeley ever have a touchdown to interception ratio significantly over 50%..........I don't expect another Dan Marino, but I do want a QB considered in the top ten in the league that plays with consistency and throws more touchdowns than interceptions.

And please, I would hope you Fiedler fanatics would have finally woken up and realized that it was Jimmys defense that gave us winning records even in the face of a pathetic quarterbacking and passing game.

I am all for giving Feeley this year to prove himself a bonafide starter, my only desire was to have a young prospect in the wings in case he continued his mediocre play, if he is what we saw last year we will have to find our young QB next year which puts us another year behind the 8-ball.

rickeyrunsover said:
Course you wouldnt want to state all teh facts would you? Stats are the facts? Hardly. Do the 145 tackles stat take into account the tackles he made 15 yds down field after the back went by him at the line? I am not argueing Zt was bad last year, I disagree with that notion, I just hate the way some use stats as absolutes. They are not absolutes, they are half the story, not all.

I hope like hell I am telling you how right you were about AJ 8 months from now.

BlueFin said:
Get back to me when Fiedler or Feeley ever have a touchdown to interception ratio significantly over 50%..........I don't expect another Dan Marino, but I do want a QB considered in the top ten in the league that plays with consistency and throws more touchdowns than interceptions.

And please, I would hope you Fiedler fanatics would have finally woken up and realized that it was Jimmys defense that gave us winning records even in the face of a pathetic quarterbacking and passing game.

I am all for giving Feeley this year to prove himself a bonafide starter, my only desire was to have a young prospect in the wings in case he continued his mediocre play, if he is what we saw last year we will have to find our young QB next year which puts us another year behind the 8-ball.

Yeah i would have liked a Walter or McPherson in teh draft to groom. Obviously Saban A -sees enough in what we have to go forward and/or B - didnt think very highly of any other qb outside Smith maybe. I was actually suprised he didnt draft a qb anywhere in teh draft. But he must not have seen teh value in who was left at where we were drafting.

BlueFin said:
I hope like hell I am telling you how right you were about AJ 8 months from now.

Yeah me too. I hope like h*ll I am not telling you you were right 8 months from now.

I know the sh*t is going to hit the fan with this one, and being new to the board here is probably going to play against me as well but here goes. Marino was a great, great quarterback. Stat wise, arm wise, head wise, but even with him we did not win, and only got to 1 superbowl. It's not just the QB. Feeley I'm sure is not going to be Dan, but, he hasn't really even been tested. He worked behind a horrible line last year. Had no running game, and our defense just could not win the games week in and out. Surround him with talent and lets see what happens. He may give us a shot. He may not, we do not know yet. Fiedler had a great winning percentage and we didn't get it done with him. It takes more than the QB, (see Baltimore with Dilfer). Just time for the entire organization to be on the same page. Looks like we are headed there, I hope.

rickeyrunsover said:

- No disagreements about stats. I agree that they can be skewed. However , tackles per game still stand up. 11 guys and he makes the tackles. The tackles down field agrument also reflects a few things:

1) The DT's were blown off the ball 3-4 yards down the field. Injuries compromised this position.

2) If he Is making tackles 15 yards down field , where are the safties , corners and OLB's?

Did he have a "Zach" year? No. His injuries and the line did not help. There is no way of dressing up a stat on a guy that makes 118 solo tackles in 13 games. That means a guy is playing and playing hard.

Our run defense problems last year started up front. We miss Tim Bo. Could there be a more underrated Dolphin ever? Chester hurt as well.

- As far as Zach making tackles 15 yards down field , fine. At least he stopped a touchdown after our D-Line , OLB's , Corners and Safeties have all missed.

Mr Yu said:
- No disagreements about stats. I agree that they can be skewed. However , tackles per game still stand up. 11 guys and he makes the tackles. The tackles down field agrument also reflects a few things:

1) The DT's were blown off the ball 3-4 yards down the field. Injuries compromised this position.

2) If he Is making tackles 15 yards down field , where are the safties , corners and OLB's?

Did he have a "Zach" year? No. His injuries and the line did not help. There is no way of dressing up a stat on a guy that makes 118 solo tackles in 13 games. That means a guy is playing and playing hard.

Our run defense problems last year started up front. We miss Tim Bo. Could there be a more underrated Dolphin ever? Chester hurt as well.

- As far as Zach making tackles 15 yards down field , fine. At least he stopped a touchdown after our D-Line , OLB's , Corners and Safeties have all missed.

I dont disagree, but you made my point, many things contribute to stats, that arent always teh fault of teh player. As far as AJ goes, yes I would bet alot of mistakes were his fault, but I would also bet that many mistakes, wrs contributed, blocking contributed, no ground game contributed, inexperience as well. In no way i am saying AJ is a great qb right now, he is by far not, but what I am saying is this, stats from last year doesnt say that he cant be. 2 years starting and no improvement that is identifiable and tangible does.

jason_taylor said:
well the way i see it montana or john elway or even troy akiman couldnt do anybetter than aj did last year if you dont have time to throw the ball and pick out your target on a route how the hell you going to blame aj :shakeno: that is stupid they knew he was going to throw the ball just about every time cause no running game so the opposing d just lined up and bliz the **** out of us ...ok you people that are down on aj feely just because he didnt have time to throw the ball look at the last part of the season how many times did he throw the ball with no picks that was when our ol was starting to come together soooo give the guy a chANCE damm it wasnt like he had kc offence line:shakeno:

Thats crazy talk. Montana and Elway were great throwing on the run. They still would have made plays and won games. Aikman probaly would have been carted off in a stretcher by week 10 or so but he still would have hit some plays. Ive seen posts like this before and they are just so far off base its not funny. Dan Marino had terrible olines still made plays, Elway the same. Great Qbs make plays. Feeley is not a talent like these Qbs, he needs to have a great Oline, running game and receivers to make great catches to be successful. The other guys made players better. Feeley is also not even close to the leader these guys are. If you really think that Elway or Montana wouldnt have been better than Feeley then youre just lost.
Im all for giving Feeley his chance to show he can win in this league but regardless of how bad the line was he did absolutely nothing last year to make me believe he is going to be really good. He might develop into a competant starter but if thats youre goal with the Qb position then I just have to agree to disagree and move on. I believe the Qb should lead the team and make plays when things break down, we havent had that since Marino. We dont need Marino but we need a leader who can make plays. Im extremely skeptical about Feeley being that person, not because I want the next Marino, but because watching Feeley play I dont see a good Qb.

I think Feeley was too inexperienced, had no offensive line, and no Ricky Williams to fall back on last year. He didn't have any help. Let's give him a chance. I saw a gritty determination in him towards the end of the season reminescent of Marino and Elway. He has the guts, he has the arm, let's put some support around him and then see how he does.....

Chiribean said:
He was not and will never be the best passer ever...NO, never...and I repeat NEVER...A GREAT passer wins champinships....yeah, boohoo...he didn't have the team, the that...NO EXCUSES. SORRY people, he had a great arm and all, but no championship translates to NOT THE GREATEST QB ever...and more than that, people tend to forget that it takes more than memories to have a great team. Let the past be the past and look forward to the future.

Saban, as I have seen him here in Louisiana, is a miracle worker...said it once and will sait it again. He knows what it takes to win, if that means winning with Feeley, let him try it, if it doesn't work, well, take a QB next year...this is a rebuilding year, and it is absolutely SILLY to think that BC the QB is not Marino, they can't win.

I tell you, Marino played since 1983 to 1996. 13 years and what is there to show for it...ZIP{...a very prolific passer...what the hell does that mean. I rather take a championship than having a prolific passer. NOt to say Marino himself is to blame for not winning the big game, but he must have something to do with it.

You'll see, pretty soon, when the Phins win the SB, people will say...Dan who? Ohhh, the Dan Fouts of the east...yeah, I remember him....but....he never won a championship, so why was he that good?

You'll see

If you think true Dolphin fans will EVER say "Dan Who?" then you simply dont understand Phin Fans...and probably arent one yourself.

fitskin said:

There are 2 enormous problems I have with your post:

1. I want a Qb that can go win a game for me when the running game is stuffed up a bit or its crunch time and the game needs to be won. I havent seen that in Fiedler since early 2003 before he broke his thumb and Ive seen even less of it from Feeley the useless slag.

2. Yes Jay had a very nice record as starter. I liked Jay up to a point. Early 2003 he seemed to be breaking out when he started off hot then broke the the thumb vs Denver. After that though they seemed to win somewhat in spite of him and after 2003 not because of him. The 1st 2-2.5 years before the thumb he seemed to be making progress and afterward he took a big step back and it seemed that the wins came for him much the same way they did for Trent Dilfer when Dilfer was a Raven. They played the game not to lose and when you play that way and say your qb is just good enough to manage a game you will only get so far.

Back
Top Bottom