No QB will ever be good enough for you guys. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No QB will ever be good enough for you guys.

fitskin said:
I will say it and I don't care what you say back to me. No QB will ever be good enough for a lot of you people. Dan Marino was the best quarterback of all time and that is all good and great, but guess what, he is gone. NOBODY who is even 75% as good as Marino will EVER get into a Dolphins uniform again.

Please lets give Feeley a chance. Yes, he was terrible last year, but so was Z. Thomas. Anybody who knows football knows that Zach had an off year last year.

Feeley can succeed in the offense, just give him a chance. Saban will and thats the only one that matters.

Give yourself a break and tell yourself this. Neither Marino or anybody like him will ever be our quarterback again. GET OVER IT and give Feeley a chance

EDIT Entering the 2004 campaign, Fiedler had a starting record of 36-17 record (.679 percentage.) If this isn't good enough nothing ever will be.

alot of give feely a shot talk - coach is giving him a shot whether we like it or not - doesn't mean we have to like it - after marino, fielder was servicable but was never anything to get excited about - of course we will never have another marino, but it doesn't mean we have to settle for another fiedler

dolfan005 said:
i agree. Feely will not be our starter, by seasons end, nor will he take us to the playoffs. As for never having another is jumping the gun, why couldnt we land a guy like peyton within sabans time here...he looks to give ole dan a run for his $$$$$
It's so funny to read Feeley won't be our starter.
Feeley was desperate last season behind a useless OL and WR & TE following unflexible routes that never helped any QB. Even Marino should look as the worst in that scenario.
Maybe Feeley isn't an excellent QB, but he's not as bad as 2004 says. He will improve and win lots of games.
Today Frerrotte is leading the race for starter because he dominates this playbook with blinded eyes after two years of it, but let the waters recover its level and you'll be sheering Feeley. :)

d-day said:
alot of give feely a shot talk - coach is giving him a shot whether we like it or not - doesn't mean we have to like it - after marino, fielder was servicable but was never anything to get excited about - of course we will never have another marino, but it doesn't mean we have to settle for another fiedler

I hope you are not saying you want another MArino...I would rather have a Tom Brady....you see, we need team players...peoiple who know what it takes to win, and leave their egos aside.

Winning a lot of games is fine, like Marino did, but what good is it to get the all the girls if you have no *****?

NO, we need Super Bowl team...TEAM....again TEAM, not individuals...sorry, Marino is no longer in my list of things to remember...as far as I'm concerned, he is just another good QB with no ring....and as far as I am concerned the last GREAT QB to play in Teal and white is Bob Griese, simple as that.

Let go NIck

Yeah i agree there will never be another marino and fans have to aceept that. HOWEVER that doesnt mean we have continue settleing for average or crappy qbs

Chiribean said:
I hope you are not saying you want another MArino...I would rather have a Tom Brady....you see, we need team players...peoiple who know what it takes to win, and leave their egos aside.

Winning a lot of games is fine, like Marino did, but what good is it to get the all the girls if you have no *****?

NO, we need Super Bowl team...TEAM....again TEAM, not individuals...sorry, Marino is no longer in my list of things to remember...as far as I'm concerned, he is just another good QB with no ring....and as far as I am concerned the last GREAT QB to play in Teal and white is Bob Griese, simple as that.

Let go NIck

bootm line - i just want a qb that i can get excited about

PatsSuck456 said:
Yeah i agree there will never be another marino and fans have to aceept that. HOWEVER that doesnt mean we have continue settleing for average or crappy qbs

exactly

Issues

Getting off topic but, even with a running game we would not have won the Superbowl. What Dan and the fins needed was a decent defense. Our defensive stats were usually padded because teams had to pass to keep up with our scoring. Once we reached the playoffs and played against more balanced teams, our team weakness showed.

Don Shula was a great coach but his weakness was evaluating talent. I think the team declined once Don took control over evaluating talent and of course when Bill Arsparger (sp?? sorry I know I butchered that) left. Jimmy Johnson came in later but was the reverse, he was "usually" a good talent evaluator but suffered in the coaching department.

Only reason he did so well in Dallas was the assistant coaching, he may have had one of the greatest teams put together in Dallas but wihout his assistant coaches his team might not have gotten passed the 49'ers.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I highly disagree with your Zach quote! He was being double teamed by O-lineman and still got 145 tackles in 13 games!

AJ was way bellow average last year, you cannot blame anyone for wanting an upgrade. He made Jay look great!

AJ will have a chance, and if he fails, he has only himself to blame.

Of course everyone wants an upgrade, whether it be AJ playing better or another QB. It's just some people just want another QB to justify their rants about Feeley so they're not proven wrong, sad really.

You can see the people that have come to terms with having to give AJ a legitimant shot this year even though they don't beleive in him and then there are the diehard haters that just stick their fingers in their ears and yell "AJ sucks" over and over.

The Zach analogy is a double standard, we had injuries to the DL therefore OLmen were getting to Zach and alot of those tackles were down field. Not where you want your MLB to get his tackles but injuries caused that situatiuon. But that's ok right? Zach shouldn't have to be held to the same standard as other MLBers and be able to fight off the OLman to make the tackle at the LOS or in the backfield, he's been an established Miami Dolphin for years now.

The New guy AJ comes in and has an OL with no cohesiveness, a bland blocking scheme and a center that doesn't know how to call the right blocking schemes at the line, a brand new WR, RB that didn't know the system and for that matter an OC that didn't know the system, along with one of the worse OL coaches in the game. But some how it's all this kids fault and he doesn't deserve a second chance in a more stable enviroment to prove himself?

See, there will always be people that will say "I told you so" If AJ succeeds the "Huggers" will say "see, I told you so"
And if AJ fails there will be the Haters saying "see, I told you so"

But at the end of the day at least he had a shot to prove himself.

I hope the guy just lights it up this year and becaomes a very good QB, not to prove anyone wrong or because I have a special like for AJ, but so Saban won't have to waste a draft pick or developemental time to replace him, and we can spend that pick to fill other needs.
Unfortunately others just want him to fail to prove they were right about him.

And if you think AJ made Jay look good last year then you need to go look at some film from last year.

d-day said:
bootm line - i just want a qb that i can get excited about

Bottom line we need a team we can get excited about, if it means getting rid of JT, ZT, or TD the Mascot, well maybe not TD the Mascot, but you know what I mean, SO BE IT. As long as we win that damned Super Bowl...I am greedy and I want it all, however it is. If it means media members cannot get a story...boohoo, well, make them work harder, for crying out loud.

I WANT A SUPERL BOWL WIN....that's all I ask, if it takes getting Trent Dilfer...damn, get him, if it means getting the most expensive OL coach well get him. I think we might have a chance with Nick....

And oh, before anybody says it...Nick might not be the answer, but he is our reality, we have to accept it and understand he is a winner.

if he doesn't cut it...get the next in line and try again until we get the SB ring (well, the players get it, we just drool seeing it).

fitskin said:
I don't care about Zach's stats. He had an off year and anybody who knows FB knows that he took some bad angles, and made some bad reads. Granted the reason was because he had some 6th graders protecting him at the DT position. I will give him that.

:crazy:

Chiribean said:
Bottom line we need a team we can get excited about, if it means getting rid of JT, ZT, or TD the Mascot, well maybe not TD the Mascot, but you know what I mean, SO BE IT. As long as we win that damned Super Bowl...I am greedy and I want it all, however it is. If it means media members cannot get a story...boohoo, well, make them work harder, for crying out loud.

I WANT A SUPERL BOWL WIN....that's all I ask, if it takes getting Trent Dilfer...damn, get him, if it means getting the most expensive OL coach well get him. I think we might have a chance with Nick....

And oh, before anybody says it...Nick might not be the answer, but he is our reality, we have to accept it and understand he is a winner.

if he doesn't cut it...get the next in line and try again until we get the SB ring (well, the players get it, we just drool seeing it).

i hope all you guys are right - i don't want feeley to not succeed - i'm not looking for another dan - like you say i want to go to a superbowl with a qb that can take us there, but from what ive seen so far, i'm not convinced aj is that guy - now maybe this year will be different and feeley's becomes that guy... then i will be excited about our qb situation

Cobra said:
Ok Nostradomus how do you know that? The 9ers had Montana (HoF) and then backed him up with Steve Young (another HoF) so how can you say its NEVER going to happen? We could get someone 200% better than Marino for all you know.

A Marino caliber QB shoud be today's solution?
No.

Today's NFL is filled with defensive systems that surely nulify a Marino clone.

But you surely mean 200% of Marino as passing twice TD and half of int.
That's utopia.

Stop smoking that!! :eek:

I'll be goofy with excitement if we have a QB perform in the upper half of the league's QB's. I think Feeley can do that. We'll see.

Cobra said:
Ok Nostradomus how do you know that? The 9ers had Montana (HoF) and then backed him up with Steve Young (another HoF) so how can you say its NEVER going to happen? We could get someone 200% better than Marino for all you know.
There's a little thing called scheme. West Coast offense helped them to throw as nobody else in times that no defense served versus that system.
Montana was great and Young too but mostly because of the system and defenses of those 80-90s. With today's 3-4 and even 4-3 defensive schemes it's no so clear for shootgun and WCO to improve.

By the way do you know A.J. was an excellent WCO QB? :wink:

I don't even know why people start these threads, there is clearly 2 sides and i think most people have choosen which side they are on. Those who Want Feely to be given a shot (i am on this side) and those who... well i don't know what they want. What Quarterbacks that were available for the dolphins to get would have made you happy ??? Warner? Rodgers? Brad Johnson?
Personally i would rather have Feely and give him a chance. I was in Seattle the game where everyone got hurt and i thought he showed a lot of heart finishing that game. And i think he showed at the end of last season that when given time he can make some pretty nice passes.
Another thing, i know Feely didn't play well last year and i don't agree about Thomas but where was the secondary ? i didn't hear anyone calling for Pat Surtains head on a platter. infact i recall many of the people on this board wishing to god we could keep him. I don't have the DB's stats for last year on hand but they were severely lower than previous seasons, but it seems that everyone is quick to jump on Feely. With the new system coming in i can say there is not a QB that was available this off season that i would rather have in there.

Back
Top Bottom