Noah V Devonta Smith in college. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noah V Devonta Smith in college.

Iggy, in his second year of playing CB, and younger than the guy he was covering... won most of those matchups vs. a guy that most of this board has the hots for.

I'm going to say this again... in those games where he was bad, the problem was that he didn't know the coverages... he was going to the wrong place on the field and missing the proper hand-offs when coverage changed from one DB to another-- his speed and ability was not the problem. He just wasn't ready yet... and considering he was the YOUNGEST player in the NFL and had lost his preseason to Covid... this makes perfect sense.

Cry if you want to... but Flores has this guy spotlighted and thought he was potentially THE best CB in the draft. ...and a 10-12 year CB is worth SO MUCH MORE than a RB that you only keep for 4 years.

Iggy, in his second year of playing CB, and younger than the guy he was covering... won most of those matchups vs. a guy that most of this board has the hots for.

I'm going to say this again... in those games where he was bad, the problem was that he didn't know the coverages... he was going to the wrong place on the field and missing the proper hand-offs when coverage changed from one DB to another-- his speed and ability was not the problem. He just wasn't ready yet... and considering he was the YOUNGEST player in the NFL and had lost his preseason to Covid... this makes perfect sense.

Cry if you want to... but Flores has this guy spotlighted and thought he was potentially THE best CB in the draft. ...and a 10-12 year CB is worth SO MUCH MORE than a RB that you only keep for 4 years.
We had many opportunities to draft an RB.

Wasn't in the cards for us.

People are just upset we didn't pick the RBs they wanted.

Wasn't happenin' folks.

I expect that to be rectified this year, but I get the sense GrierFlo aren't fond of spending first or second round picks on the RB position.

We had many opportunities to draft an RB.

Wasn't in the cards for us.

People are just upset we didn't pick the RBs they wanted.

Wasn't happenin' folks.

I expect that to be rectified this year, but I get the sense GrierFlo aren't fond of spending first or second round picks on the RB position.
Agreed... and I'll come back to this. In today's game, almost everyone keeps a RB for 4 years... and then let's them walk. 1) We didn't NEED a RB yet. and 2) Spending a high pick on a player that you only intend to keep for 4 years is ... nuts.

I have a feeling I'll be pounding the table to draft Sewell in two years.
Last year, I pounded the table for Mechi Bechton and K'Lavon Chaisson and the front office didn't listen to me at all... so I consoled myself with a bud out in the garage.

It was a good day.

IMO Smith benefited from staying for his senior year. If Igbinoghene had stayed in college another year it would have really helped him.

I highly doubt that and I have no problem eating crow. We already lost out on a good RB because of this pick so he would have to do a Helluva turnaround to justify anything. Also if he is a better player than an OT we drafted to be a cornerstone on the line or better than what is supposed to be our franchise QB then we have some serious issues.

If we somehow draft Najee Harris this year I wont be mad about the pick as much anymore. Because we did pass up like 6 good RBs with this pick.

IMO Smith benefited from staying for his senior year. If Igbinoghene had stayed in college another year it would have really helped him.
How exactly?

He went in the first round and was guaranteed a 1st round contract... with the 5th year option that is worth so much money.

Now, he'll hit that second contract at an obscenely early age. As far as economics go... he hit the lotto by coming out when he did.

How exactly?

He went in the first round and was guaranteed a 1st round contract... with the 5th year option that is worth so much money.

Now, he'll hit that second contract at an obscenely early age. As far as economics go... he hit the lotto by coming out when he did.
Let me rephrase that. It would have helped his development. Obviously it worked out for him financially because we took a flyer on him with a 1st. I do think he would have ended up going even earlier in the 1st this year if he built on his junior season though.

Let me rephrase that. It would have helped his development. Obviously it worked out for him financially because we took a flyer on him with a 1st. I do think he would have ended up going even earlier in the 1st this year if he built on his junior season though.
Maybe... though he would still have had to contend with Surtain and Farley.

Although, I might be prepared to argue that being IN the NFL and seeing better receivers has helped him more than another year in college vs. less talented competition.

There's no real way to know I guess.

Back
Top Bottom