Noah V Devonta Smith in college. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noah V Devonta Smith in college.

Lol, whatever, already lost a year that we could have had a real RB in here in Taylor, Dobbins or Akers. Probably squeezed another win out and made the playoffs but instead our guy got roasted into oblivion. I wanted a RB at his slot and that is not revisionist history my friend. You will be the one eating crow.
Right, and that wouldve won us the Super Bowl...

I do think the Iggy pick was a risk/reward scenario that could be a golden goose. His first year was garbage but he stayed healthy and got experience. If he's the athlete that Phins brass thinks he is, and he was able to hang with the best of the SEC, then he's got a shot to be a good NFL corner and those guys are EXPENSIVE FA's and usually worth early first-round picks and worth WAY more than a 29th overall pick.
So, think of Miami trading their 29th pick of the 2020 draft for a top 10 2021 pick.
Also, even if it takes Iggy most of 2021 to be a Good NFL corner, it allows Miami to safeguard against relying on X beyond this upcoming season. I have a feeling that Howard's cost vs benefit ratio will get ugly by 2022.

I do think the Iggy pick was a risk/reward scenario that could be a golden goose. His first year was garbage but he stayed healthy and got experience. If he's the athlete that Phins brass thinks he is, and he was able to hang with the best of the SEC, then he's got a shot to be a good NFL corner and those guys are EXPENSIVE FA's and usually worth early first-round picks and worth WAY more than a 29th overall pick.
So, think of Miami trading their 29th pick of the 2020 draft for a top 10 2021 pick.
Also, even if it takes Iggy most of 2021 to be a Good NFL corner, it allows Miami to safeguard against relying on X beyond this upcoming season. I have a feeling that Howard's cost vs benefit ratio will get ugly by 2022.
Eeh that's a bit of a reach.

MrFantasticAd.gif

As far as RB goes; Both Gaskin and Ahmed had really good games towards the end of the year and Gaskin had some nice games earlier in the year.
We're going to add a bell-cow to that mix this offseason, IMO, so we lost nothing, in the grand scheme, by not drafting RB in 2020.
I was loving Ahmed's work vs the Patriots. He looked like the best version of Lamar Miller that we had...but his shoulder got banged up. Hopefully he can get a little stronger this offseason.

A 3-headed monster like a Good version of what the former Bear/Eagle was supposed to be, paired with Ahmed and Gaskin and We're in pretty good shape in that room. Maybe keep Laird for special teams/ backup 3rd-down back.

I think it was Bill Parcells that said if they don’t bite as pups, they’re not gonna bite full grown. Iggy not only didn’t bite.....He didn’t even bark. If I had to bet....I’d bet against him being above average in this league. I hope I’m wrong.

I think it was Bill Parcells that said if they don’t bite as pups, they’re not gonna bite full grown. Iggy not only didn’t bite.....He didn’t even bark. If I had to bet....I’d bet against him being above average in this league. I hope I’m wrong.
So you're drafting a QB at 3 then?

So you're drafting a QB at 3 then?
So you’re really saying that Tua didn’t have a good game at all this year. If that’s your take.....I don’t think we’re going to agree on much else.

He's like 4 years old.

Iggy will be a pup for like the next 13 seasons.

After getting roasted early when Byron was out he didn't play much (since Byron and X remained healthy, and he backed them up), but when he did get in there was no more roasting going on.

He's like 4 years old.

Iggy will be a pup for like the next 13 seasons.

After getting roasted early when Byron was out he didn't play much (since Byron and X remained healthy, and he backed them up), but when he did get in there was no more roasting going on.
I really hope he turns into X. Howard 2.0. I’m really rooting for the kid. Unfortunately, he had a miserable rookie year. As of right now, I’d bet against him. Again, i could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom