Noah V Devonta Smith in college. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Noah V Devonta Smith in college.

Interesting to see how Noah did against a player a lot of people on want to draft but are not confident in Noah.

Because there’s no correlation to NFL success.

I happen to like both Igbinoghene and Smith. Think they’ll both be good NFL players. But it’s completely possible neither will be. Or Smith will be and Iggy won’t. Or vice versa.

Using one matchup to try to suggest anything beyond that one game is silly. A thousand similar matchups between other players could be cited that also meant nothing.

Its kind of like running from a bear...you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun your friends.

He doesnt need to be better than Patrick Peterson. He just needs to be better than Nik Needham.

Iggy obviously played at a high level in college and that is why the Dolphins drafted him as high as they did. Yet he still needs to show he can be an effective CB in the NFL. He is young and still learning the position since he was a WR when he first arrived at Auburn. I hope he will develop into a quality CB with the Dolphins but only time will tell.

Agreed... and I'll come back to this. In today's game, almost everyone keeps a RB for 4 years... and then let's them walk. 1) We didn't NEED a RB yet. and 2) Spending a high pick on a player that you only intend to keep for 4 years is ... nuts.
People are slotting Najee Harris as a late 1st/early 2nd.

Most posts i read here have him 2A.

Is that too high to draft him?

Because there’s no correlation to NFL success.

I happen to like both Igbinoghene and Smith. Think they’ll both be good NFL players. But it’s completely possible neither will be. Or Smith will be and Iggy won’t. Or vice versa.

Using one matchup to try to suggest anything beyond that one game is silly. A thousand similar matchups between other players could be cited that also meant nothing.

I just think people have given up on Noah too quick. He’s only played the position for 2 years

People are slotting Najee Harris as a late 1st/early 2nd.

Most posts i read here have him 2A.

Is that too high to draft him?
I wouldn't do it for the reasons I've mentioned... I just can't see drafting a guy early knowing full well how short of a time that we'd have him.

I understood Helaire to the Chiefs only because they are in a win RIGHT NOW mode... but most teams can't do that.

I guess we could, it just seems like we're using a lot of draft resources for such a small slice of time. Just my 2 cents. I can't prove any of this really.

Whenever I look at tape I Im looking for areas on improvement and one for thing I noticed about Noah is he doesn’t turn his around enough, hopefully that’s something he can improve on.

Whenever I look at tape I Im looking for areas on improvement and one for thing I noticed about Noah is he doesn’t turn his around enough, hopefully that’s something he can improve on.
Exactly. It was the single most problematic aspect I saw in college. I mentioned it in the Draft Forum after we took him. In fact, it was this game that caused me to lose interest in Noah in fall 2019. He is a sticky guy but very poor instincts looking for the ball and especially in the red zone. That play at 1:23 is the exact play I remember that caused me to stop paying attention to him during that game. Noah celebrates the incompletion. Meanwhile in the NFL that's a touchdown. You can't rely on trail technique, body leaned forward to play even shorter than your height, and never looking for the ball. Your desperate late slaps are not going to accomplish anything when it's the likes of Diggs, Adams or Hopkins on the clutch.

Maybe he'll improve that aspect. Very competitive guy and very athletic. So that combo gives him a chance. But make no mistake...Xavien Howard is in position to make demands like this because his greatest strength is that he does have the instincts to look for the ball, and then nab it when he finds it. Otherwise much of Howard's game is somewhat ordinary. That's why teams throw at him so frequently instead of being a guy who never gets any chances at all since the ball goes elsewhere.

I f
I just think people have given up on Noah too quick. He’s only played the position for 2 years
I feel the Noah pick was a gutsy amount of foresight. Youre getting ahead at a position that's expensive to staff and hard to replace. Noah was given his 'Sr Year' at the NFL level so hopefully, if the talent is there, the 'raw material', he will start succeeding and make Jones or X expendable, freeing cap room for other areas.

Back
Top Bottom