Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua

Jesus, I really hope Tua proves all the naysayers wrong next season because all this negativity towards him is undeserving. Some criticism is fine but it’s getting out of hand right now. I think that ex teammate of his that plays for the jets is the only positive comment I’ve heard about Tua recently.
I don't look at is players throwing shade at Tua as much as just selling Jones. None of them said "I'll take Jones because Tua sucks!"

You heard similar things Kyler Murray after Mayfield won the Heisman. You see it to a degree when you see ex-players like Peyton Manning saying how much better Arch Manning is than where Peyton was at this point in his high school career. They're already trying to sell the new brand. Even LeBron got in on the act saying how much better of a high school basketball player Bronny is than he was. Players know the value of marketing and know these statements will only mean more money for Jones and it's not like the Dolphins can say "oh ****! Tua give us some of our money back." At this point Tua knows his next contract will be based on his play on the field and his former college teams speaking fondly of another teammate won't impact his own stock.
Who said similar things about kyler Murray? The Peyton and Lebron thing is totally different, it’s comparing himself to his family.

I think it's weird. don't like and and really surprised they say it. Looks like Chase may be frontrunner
I don’t like it either. This is more than looking out for their QB. I’m pretty annoyed by this, actually.

It makes sense. Both Devonta and Waddle were secondary players to Jeudy and Ruggs when Tua was there. They were not primary options. They both probably had more reps and grew over the years with Mac compared to Tua. And they just won a NC with him. Non issue to me.

Secondary? Completely disagree.
- In 2019, Smith lead Alabama in yards and TDs. Not Jeudy. Not Ruggs. Smith was on par with Jeudy on total catches as well. The difference was less than 10.
- In 2018, Smith had almost identical status to Ruggs outside of TDs. Waddle had more yards than both of them.

I put merit into what they are saying. For one, Waddle and Smith had their best seasons with Mac at QB. Smith won the Heisman. Waddle put up 4 straight 100 yard games to start the season before getting hurt. He had 4x100 yards games in his first 28 games before that. Mac was statistically more accurate. Maybe they tracked the balls he threw better. Maybe they liked his film work and demeanor better.

Does it concern me? Yeah a little. If they are tighter with Tua than Mac, i can't see them going out of their way to praise Mac for draft status at the expense of their boy. I don't buy that for a second. I have close friends and would never sell them out, even to toe the company line. They could have easily said they love Mac, put up better stats with him, won the NC with him and would take him over just about any QB out there.....then say, but Tua was drafted #5 for a reason, even with injury, bc he's that good. They didn't. I was a big fan of Tua in college but there was a lot to be desired last season. Mac lit up college football and made it look easy. I think the praise is warranted for the season he had. He's a really good player.

perhaps getting all the context from the full interview will help. Make of it what you will, Tua and Waddle aren’t particularly close. Mac and Waddle apparently are due to their climbing the ranks together. And that’s the end of a rather uninteresting story without much else to read into it.

They're all entering the draft at the same time... Miami media are going to milk this thing like there's no tomorrow... You stting at a table with your GF and someone asks you: "Current GF or ex-girlfriend?"

I wish only one of them would do some work and go ask Jeudy and Ruggs Tua or Mac? That wont happen because they'd actually have to 1) Work and 2)Positive doesnt sell right now.

NB I'm taking your challenge...

That is like your gf being 500 lbs overweight and asking you if you prefer big or skinny chicks.

I want somebody to ask Tua which WR he prefers

I am assuming he’s growing very fond of Chase.

Also people need to keep in mind Jeudy and Ruggs were the bulk of Tua’s targets.

Waddle and Smith excelled with Jones and won the national championship with him. That’s emotional connection.

People fall in love more than once, tend to hold dearest, the most recent.

Now everyone's mock draft have the following asterisks:

Do not place waddle or smith as potential picks. Chances are zero pct. Our draft engines will pick someone else if these players are available.

I am assuming he’s growing very fond of Chase.

Also people need to keep in mind Jeudy and Ruggs were the bulk of Tua’s targets.

Waddle and Smith excelled with Jones and won the national championship with him. That’s emotional connection.

People fall in love more than once, tend to hold dearest, the most recent.

The Jeudy and Ruggs thing is a false narrative, particularly Ruggs. Look at the stats. Jeudy was only head and shoulders above the other 3 guys in 2018.

Secondary? Completely disagree.
- In 2019, Smith lead Alabama in yards and TDs. Not Jeudy. Not Ruggs. Smith was on par with Jeudy on total catches as well. The difference was less than 10.
- In 2018, Smith had almost identical status to Ruggs outside of TDs. Waddle had more yards than both of them.

I put merit into what they are saying. For one, Waddle and Smith had their best seasons with Mac at QB. Smith won the Heisman. Waddle put up 4 straight 100 yard games to start the season before getting hurt. He had 4x100 yards games in his first 28 games before that. Mac was statistically more accurate. Maybe they tracked the balls he threw better. Maybe they liked his film work and demeanor better.

Does it concern me? Yeah a little. If they are tighter with Tua than Mac, i can't see them going out of their way to praise Mac for draft status at the expense of their boy. I don't buy that for a second. I have close friends and would never sell them out, even to toe the company line. They could have easily said they love Mac, put up better stats with him, won the NC with him and would take him over just about any QB out there.....then say, but Tua was drafted #5 for a reason, even with injury, bc he's that good. They didn't. I was a big fan of Tua in college but there was a lot to be desired last season. Mac lit up college football and made it look easy. I think the praise is warranted for the season he had. He's a really good player.

Just relax it is just like having a Nintendo and Sega. You prefer Nintendo but play both.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a player, let alone two, pick a teammate like that over another. They usually always say some politically correct bs like they are the same.

Hopefully they are just looking out for the guy in the current draft to help elevate his stock.

Smith and Waddle just got done playing with Jones.....did anybody expect them to say "we just played with Jones but we wish it had been Tua"? The agenda here to put Tua down has no limits.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a player, let alone two, pick a teammate like that over another. They usually always say some politically correct bs like they are the same.

Hopefully they are just looking out for the guy in the current draft to help elevate his stock.
Except they're not teammates anymore. Tua is their former QB while Jones was their QB this past season.

Back
Top Bottom