Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua

Except they're not teammates anymore. Tua is their former QB while Jones was their QB this past season.

Teammate, former teammate, I’ve still never heard it....and it’s not like Tua was some scrub, he won a championship with both of those guys just like Mac did.

Like I said, hopefully it’s that they want to elevate the current guys stock.

Teammate, former teammate, I’ve still never heard it....and it’s not like Tua was some scrub, he won a championship with both of those guys just like Mac did.

Like I said, hopefully it’s that they want to elevate the current guys stock.
I still think they said it because they just got done playing this season with him as their QB but either way, it was said and I wont drive myself crazy thinking about why they said it. We'll see what happens on draft week.

This is no smear campaign those who played sports know already that players generally vibe with the players they come up with and sometimes the older players are clique-ish so i am not surprised whatsoever

Sabian is the one to ask and I believe that was done before drafting Tua. He had nothing but, great things to say about him. The tape is what the coaches watch to make there decisions along with in house scouting . Both qbs had an elite line and real good recievers with a running game. Welcome to the winning ways of the tide! Not as difficult as the nfl makes it to be.$$

Nothing to it, it's optics to help Mac in the draft. People will talk about Smith and Wadfle saying they prefer Mac, but will overlook that Tua said Mac was a more mobile version of Tom Brady. They are all friends, trying to get Mac in that top 10

This is no smear campaign those who played sports know already that players generally vibe with the players they come up with and sometimes the older players are clique-ish so i am not surprised whatsoever

There is definitely truth to this but on the flip side, by all accounts Tua was a great leader and well liked kid, so I would expect his skill position players to vibe with him as well. Najee seems to be tight with him.

There is definitely truth to this but on the flip side, by all accounts Tua was a great leader and well liked kid, so I would expect his skill position players to vibe with him as well. Najee seems to be tight with him.
Exactly that is a small clique

Did any of these media idiots ever consider following up with Smith and Waddle to ask WHY they like Mac Jones over Tua? You know, ask for specific reasons.

That’d have been interesting to hear. I mean, if they are bold enough to give their preference why not double down and also say why.

Did any of these media idiots ever consider following up with Smith and Waddle to ask WHY they like Mac Jones over Tua? You know, ask for specific reasons.

That’d have been interesting to hear. I mean, if they are bold enough to give their preference why not double down and also say why.
Its a stupid question to begin with... They know what should be the anwser, and they already know how to sell it either way.

"Smith and Waddle prefer upcoming 1st round QB to struggling Tua"
"Mac Jones might take a dive along draft boards around the NFL as teamates feel uncertain about Jones future in the NFL"

Its so ****ing predictable I dont know how everyone keeps falling for it...

LOL...GM’s, Coaches and Scouts don’t give a ratsass what these two kids have to say. It’s not changing their opinion one way or the other.

Imagine you had a date circled on your calendar. Or for the younger crowd, imagine setting an appointment reminder on the exact day you'll hit the lottery. You'd probably feel pretty free to share your opinion regardless of motivation.

The problem with this is it gives fuel to the doubters among fans and in the media and it reinforces their narrative. If Tua is in on it it's not very smart. It will get national attention because it's Tua and it's more negative attention that he doesn't need. He didn't look overjoyed during his last round of media interviews getting asked about getting traded. It got pretty awkward.

The locker room will hear it too. You'd like to think they'll dismiss it but a couple of them might not. I'm sure the likes of Armando will be all over it. These stories are nice click generators for them.

I'd understand it if he was rookie of the year. But he hasn't made it in the NFL, far from it. He has as much to prove as Mac Jones does.

If FOs and scouts dismiss this kind of stuff then it has no point whatsoever. Hopefully it's as simple as they genuinely think Mac is a better QB. Giving an honest answer to a question is fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom