Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Now Waddle says he prefers Mac Jones over Tua

Everybody is trying to pump up Jones' draft stock. Hell even Tua himself got in on the act this week saying Jones is a more athletic version of Tom Brady. So in other word Tua said Jones is a better version of the qb many call the GOAT. It's an obvious effort for Tide players and even former Tide players to try and sell their teammates as much as possible in the draft process. I think Tua knows the deal and won't let this impact his own confidence or growth.

Last edited:
These comments turn a lot of teams off regardless of intent.

I bet this gets cleaned up soon if these idiots have decent agents. Bad optics.

Could be. Could not be. Could mean Tua sucks or just that Mac is amazing. Could mean absolutely nothing.

But it’s definitely strange and as far as I know unprecedented. So we’re all just guessing.
You heard similar things Kyler Murray after Mayfield won the Heisman. You see it to a degree when you see ex-players like Peyton Manning saying how much better Arch Manning is than where Peyton was at this point in his high school career. They're already trying to sell the new brand. Even LeBron got in on the act saying how much better of a high school basketball player Bronny is than he was. Players know the value of marketing and know these statements will only mean more money for Jones and it's not like the Dolphins can say "oh ****! Tua give us some of our money back." At this point Tua knows his next contract will be based on his play on the field and his former college teams speaking fondly of another teammate won't impact his own stock.

Last edited:
I like Jones over Tua too

This board sometimes man... Oh yeah media bullshit! Give me more nom nom nom.... Of yeah some more Watson nom nom nom... Oh Mac is better than Tua! I want some of that nom nom nom...

Mac and Cheese???even better nom nom nom...

Jesus, I really hope Tua proves all the naysayers wrong next season because all this negativity towards him is undeserving. Some criticism is fine but it’s getting out of hand right now. I think that ex teammate of his that plays for the jets is the only positive comment I’ve heard about Tua recently.

Yeah this is completely nothing. Of course they are trying to prop up their undrafted QB compared to one that’s in the league. That’s what good teammates and friends do. People making mountains out of a grain of sand over this.
They could simply say, they are both great ....no need to choose one over the other unless there is conviction!

Back
Top Bottom