Oddsmakers Think Nick Foles Will Land In Miami Next Season | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oddsmakers Think Nick Foles Will Land In Miami Next Season

I’m not building anything with Nick Foles.

Guy hasn’t been hit that much behind that o line but when he has been he’s been dinged up like every time. And that’s in like 5 games a year or less even.

IF we are trying to become a decade long year in year out contender that is not the route.
Yep. I agree. Ultimately- I think he benefited from system and that OL.
He will get paid though. Too many QB thirsty teams.

That's a deal I would grab. Frontload the guaranteed money.

If we had Foles last year we would have added 2 or 3 more wins easily. We had 8 games last year by QBs which were horrendous. Better QB and better play calling on O last year and we would have had a fair chance at the playoffs. Add better play calling on D and we'd been in the playoffs.
Foles has yet to prove anything outside of the Eagles...

I live in the metro area and can testify that he looked bad enough at the start of the season, that fans couldn't wait for Wentz to come back, after two games.

Does he come up with a great defense, elite O-line, and a good system too?

If the organization is being honest, we're rebuilding. You don't rebuild by giving Foles a big contract. If we do, Ross is full of crap.

Yep. I agree. Ultimately- I think he benefited from system and that OL.
He will get paid though. Too many QB thirsty teams.

I think he’s shown he can be a little more than a system qb but I definitely don’t think he’s anyones long term answer.

Thus I expect him to get paid accordingly like it. Regardless of how many years the deal is.

Not to mention there’s a big difference in being asked to start 16 games and starting 5

You renegotiate and backload his contract. Guaranteed money early so it is easier if you have to move him in the latter years of the contract. It is not rocket science.

I know it won't go well over with the "tank crowd" but he would be a good fit for us and is above what we had at QB.
No... you let Foles go to Jacksonville and help them move the needle.

I pass on Foles....

Yeah foles and Jax on 2 years fully guaranteed I can see.

Something like $45 mil guaranteed. If they go the cousins route of 3 years and $84 mil or $90 mil fully guaranteed Jax stupid

Foles is going to at the very least match what Cousins got... Hard pass!

Something like $45 mil guaranteed. If they go the cousins route of 3 years and $84 mil or $90 mil fully guaranteed Jax stupid
I was thinking JAX but that OL is worse than ours. They better improve upfront if they go Foles route.

I see them a WR and stud TE away from being the threat they were supposed to be this year.

A big cap question for them is what about Jalen Ramsey?

RT17 can’t be in the building next year. That ship has to sail.
I'm not mad about that either, but I'm of the "tank" school of thought, and if I had a choice between Foles and Tannehill brijg the bridge...I take Tannehill.

I was thinking JAX but that OL is worse than ours. They better improve upfront if they go Foles route.

They will just play to the d. And Jax lost multiple o line starters this year for the year. Center and left tackle off the top of my head.

They know that their d is the meal ticket and they got to strike before that window closes.

If they could sign foles to a 2 year $50 mil or less type pact fully guaranteed even they could still use their top pick on the qb of the future under the rookie wage scale and make it work financially. That’s the route I expect to see them go. A vet assassin and a rookie for the long term assuming bortles is being dumped

Only 1.8 Mill is guaranteed. For the Eagles it does not matter if they move him this year or next. $1.8 vs $1.2 is not much of a difference.
The 20 Mill he gets this year can be renegotiated by his new team.
Except that 2019 is an option year per the already renegotiated contract. Any team trading for him would have to have a deal already in place to ensure his retention.

Foles has the leverage here, and he isn't coming to Miami on a 1 or 2 year deal.

Back
Top Bottom