Offensive game ball: Jay Fiedler and RW's... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive game ball: Jay Fiedler and RW's...

ohall

A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.
Reaction score
... man what a game today this guy looked GREAT, he single handedly gave the Dolphins life early today with that rushing TD. What a GREAT decision on his part, nice play Jay. Plus having a 2 TD 0 INT’s day with a 108.5 QB rating doesn't hurt either.

What can you say about Ricky Williams? The guy is our offense. Although he fumbled the ball today, at least he did it on the Pats side of the field. But without RW’s Fiedler doesn’t have the day he had today.

This was a tough decision, because both Chambers and McMichael (MM) had GREAT days. But I just felt that JF and RW's are the reasons they had those GREAT days today.

Oliver...

Jay did play great. He doesn’t turn over the ball we win, its that simple. Good game Jay.

My game ball (s) go to our receivers/ including McMichael, our OL for their pass protection and RW on offense, and for Defense I would have to give it to our DL for shutting down the run and getting a little presure on Brady.

Feidler did have a nice run for a TD and made good decisions today, but did nothing out of the ordinary or expected from him or any QB we would have back there.

I think our receivers deserve more credit for some nice catches on some rather poorly thrown balls that were either under thrown or off target. If someone wants a example of a QB who usually makes a great throw and can hit their QB in stride, check out some highlights of Rich Gannon today. I'm not trying to slam Jay, but he had a good day for a journeyman QB. That's something I expect. I'm glad to see the game plan was based on running the ball rather than Jay throwing the ball. Jay made some plays on third down and didn't force the ball in traffic or turn the ball over which is a big part of us winning this game.

Ricky was a stud today. We are not quite there though with our blocking and he was hit a few times in the backfield, but somehow gained a yard or two. We had 41 rushing attempts today! Ricky had 36 attempts and I think a 3.1 average. It's kind of low, but obviously the Patsy's game plan was to stop the run and let Feidler try and beat them with his arm. Ricky tooks some serious hits today and showed what a tough SOB he really is. As far as his fumble goes, Bruschi put a hat on the ball that I think most running backs would fumble. No worry's here, just a very good hit by Bruschi!

I think we played better on the defensive side of the ball, especially our seconday. Sure, Fletcher got beat for a TD, but I think he had two break ups today. I think he has shown some improvement. Our LB's seem to be very vulnerable in pass defense. I hope we can improve in this area, but I'm not sure we have the talent.

Overall, I am happy to win this game. I felt good coming in and knew our guys would be motivated, especially our "D". I'm glad Feidler had a decent game and hope to see him continue to improve as his finger and hip gets better.

:D :D :D

Originally posted by SWS84
My game ball (s) go to our receivers/ including McMichael, our OL for their pass protection and RW on offense, and for Defense I would have to give it to our DL for shutting down the run and getting a little presure on Brady.

Feidler did have a nice run for a TD and made good decisions today, but did nothing out of the ordinary or expected from him or any QB we would have back there.

I think our receivers deserve more credit for some nice catches on some rather poorly thrown balls that were either under thrown or off target. If someone wants a example of a QB who usually makes a great throw and can hit their QB in stride, check out some highlights of Rich Gannon today. I'm not trying to slam Jay, but he had a good day for a journeyman QB. That's something I expect. I'm glad to see the game plan was based on running the ball rather than Jay throwing the ball. Jay made some plays on third down and didn't force the ball in traffic or turn the ball over which is a big part of us winning this game.

Ricky was a stud today. We are not quite there though with our blocking and he was hit a few times in the backfield, but somehow gained a yard or two. We had 41 rushing attempts today! Ricky had 36 attempts and I think a 3.1 average. It's kind of low, but obviously the Patsy's game plan was to stop the run and let Feidler try and beat them with his arm. Ricky tooks some serious hits today and showed what a tough SOB he really is. As far as his fumble goes, Bruschi put a hat on the ball that I think most running backs would fumble. No worry's here, just a very good hit by Bruschi!

I think we played better on the defensive side of the ball, especially our seconday. Sure, Fletcher got beat for a TD, but I think he had two break ups today. I think he has shown some improvement. Our LB's seem to be very vulnerable in pass defense. I hope we can improve in this area, but I'm not sure we have the talent.

Overall, I am happy to win this game. I felt good coming in and knew our guys would be motivated, especially our "D". I'm glad Feidler had a decent game and hope to see him continue to improve as his finger and hip gets better.

Are you kidding me ? Fiedler made some nice throws and no QB is ever going to throw perfect balls all the times..I say he had a good performance...
For the most part I agree with you...............

Dude honestly...

... I don't know what QB you are watching. Jay Fiedler has been a beast 11 out of the last 12 regular season games. He's is simply a GOOD QB, this spinning that he's anything less than GOOD/journeyman QB is nonsense. No offense, but you are being way to critical here.

Oliver...

With respect, but I think I am being fair

to Jay Feidler. I gave him his props, but to me he is just an average QB. If you would like another anology, try Lamar Smith vs Ricky Williams. Sure Lamar had good games and we won with Lamar, but was anybody upset that we didn't retain his services and traded for Ricky Williams instead? I look at Jay Feidler as being similar to a L. Smith talent wise. Smith has shown flashes, but doesn't seem to have all the intangibles it takes to be a top tier performer. That being said, these guys are professionals and play in the NFL! That alone is an awesome accomplishment. With that stature comes responsibility and a certain expectation of performance. That is why I said that Jay had a good game, but don't think he had a great game. Last week, Trent Green had a great game. His throws were acurate and had some zip. Green had the game of his life time and almost certainly the game of this season. As I said, today Jay had a good game and played within his limits, but he also played within the expectations of the coaches and fans and didn't really do anything I would say deserves a game ball for. He did his job, nothing less and nothing more. We also won and that I am happy about that, but until Jay is able to hit his receivers in stride and throw a deep pass that is catchable, besides the deep "JUMP" ball, I won't be convinced that he is our answer at QB. I will also say that I support him 100%, even though I think he can improve, as the QB of the Phins because he is our QB and the coaches think he should be our starter. I also support other players on our team (Jamar Fletcher, Derick Rodgers, Morlon Greenwood, etc) whom I have seen less than stellar parformances and would like to see improvment from. I think it is acceptable as a fan to discuss the good and the not so good about a player or team and still be able to support them 100%.

Is there somewhere I could go to find out Feidler's stats since his INT's slowed up last year?

Hey!!! Va dolfan :) How are you doing???

I have to agree with SWS84. I give my props to Fiedler for today, but I still think his teammates make him look good. I am not sold on him.

Did you read that InFINSible???? "I give my props to Fiedler for today" :lol: ;)

Originally posted by va dolfan
Is there somewhere I could go to find out Feidler's stats since his INT's slowed up last year?

Yeah, on NFL.com you just click on the "players" tab and then bring up QB's and Feidler... you can there get all of his stats there.

I must have watched a different game because Fiedler was outstanding today. He was putting the ball where it had to be. His decisions were all right on today. He threw the long pass right on the money to McKnight today. He also ran when needed and when it was the correct option. He also ran the team flawlessly. If Fiedler plays more like today he has a chance for the Pro-bowl.

Did you see when they showed his index finger today?? It was taped up in a bent position and he is throwing with the finger on the point of the ball.I don't think that's his normal motion but I think it is for Kurt Warner.

Welcome to a real QB situation...

... most teams build their offense around a HB, not a QB. Life after Marino takes a lil getting use to, but things are as they are suppose to be. Strength at HB, not at QB. This type of philosophy well get them rings, not records.

Oliver...

Originally posted by miadphan13
Hey!!! Va dolfan :) How are you doing???

I have to agree with SWS84. I give my props to Fiedler for today, but I still think his teammates make him look good. I am not sold on him.

Did you read that InFINSible???? "I give my props to Fiedler for today" :lol: ;)

Re: Welcome to a real QB situation...

there are too many people who think a decent QB is Dan Marino. There are only 5-10 QB's all-time in Dan's league (but that is :topic: ) . Jay does what he is supposed to. Watch Tim Couch #1 overall pick for awhile or everybody's favorite new superstar Tom Brady and you will see that making good decision for an entire game is more important than making spectacular throws every 5-10 passes. Consistency is what Jay gives us to go along w/a hammer and dare I say savior - Ricky :D

Not trying to slam Jay, but you turn around and call him a journey man QB??

I'd like to know who the hell are you people comparing Fiedler to??
Give me another example of a journeyman QB in the NFL with stats comparable to Fiedler's. If you can do this, then I'll understand your point. If not then your opinions concerning Fiedler are severly flawed and lack logic.

The pass to McMichael was GREAT!
The pass to Mcknight -- perfect! 30+ yards even though most Jay haters say he can't throw it deep with accuracy.

All the receivers are giving him praise for being on target. So what is it with the fans?

I remember at an early age...

... one of my neighbors saying how Griese was only AVG, that he really never did anything to help them win those titles in the 70's. I was 12 and thinking to myself what in the world is this guy talking about? This was the year after Griese retired after his injury and ppl were already ignoring what he brought to the Dolphins. I think ppl were spoilt before Dan Marino ever became a Dolphin. Some ppl just love the type of QB that can sling it 70-yards in the air.

I have news for ppl, the majority of passes are within 15-yards. Give me a mobile accurate passer any day over a gun slinger. Trust me you'll win more games that way.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolphan39
there are too many people who think a decent QB is Dan Marino. There are only 5-10 QB's all-time in Dan's league (but that is :topic: ) . Jay does what he is supposed to. Watch Tim Couch #1 overall pick for awhile or everybody's favorite new superstar Tom Brady and you will see that making good decision for an entire game is more important than making spectacular throws every 5-10 passes. Consistency is what Jay gives us to go along w/a hammer and dare I say savior - Ricky :D

Back
Top Bottom