Offensive Strategy | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Offensive Strategy

I think Jeff was trying to trade up to acquire R. Randle WR who is probably closest to Jordy Nelson coming out of College. I agree Hartline does not compare or is a step down from Nelson. His Ohio State days were not a typical WCO and he played with Ginn and was second to Ginn so go figure.

I wouldn't live in Fl...hurricanes, muggy, etc...if you lived in Vegas/Arizona maybe jealous, but only in winter.

Not in a bad mood or upset in any way. Just commenting..By the looks of it, doesn't look like you ever will have something to say that will actually be substantial in any way.

Its fine, YOUR a expert obviously. You know the ins and outs of receiver, you know what will work in what offense. I forgot you were a NFL scout..

O wait your not... your opionion is worth as much as mine... NOTHING! Remember that bud.

So you wouldn't want Roddy White on the team either? Desean Jax?

Not saying BM didn't have drop issues, but his 1200 yards 80 + catches will be missed. I'm not so positive Hartline will thrive in this new system with the #1 corner on him week in and out like others are.
I'd take Roddy White...but he's not among the bottom 10 from 2008-2010. DeSean Jackson I wouldn't take...he's a head case, after the way he pouted all year last year when he didn't get his contract and on top of that you have all the dropped passes...no thanks. He's great return man but he's twice the headache Marshall was.

I'm not sure how much we'll miss Marshall. I'm glad he won't be in our young QBs ear telling him to throw the ball his way all the time. That won't help Tannehill's development as a QB. In two years that Marshall was here we never even broke .500 and we were in the playoffs the year before...granted that was with Pennington and the wildcat but Marshall never did anything in a game to make you think "if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have won the game." That's just the way that I feel. Good receiver but not sure we're not better off without him. Certainly the off field trouble, the locker room issues he was causing and the dropped balls all factored in to him being traded...that seems like a lot to put up with from just one player.

I'd take Roddy White...but he's not among the bottom 10 from 2008-2010. DeSean Jackson I wouldn't take...he's a head case, after the way he pouted all year last year when he didn't get his contract and on top of that you have all the dropped passes...no thanks. He's great return man but he's twice the headache Marshall was.

I'm not sure how much we'll miss Marshall. I'm glad he won't be in our young QBs ear telling him to throw the ball his way all the time. That won't help Tannehill's development as a QB. In two years that Marshall was here we never even broke .500 and we were in the playoffs the year before...granted that was with Pennington and the wildcat but Marshall never did anything in a game to make you think "if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have won the game." That's just the way that I feel. Good receiver but not sure we're not better off without him. Certainly the off field trouble, the locker room issues he was causing and the dropped balls all factored in to him being traded...that seems like a lot to put up with from just one player.

Roddy led the league in drops last year, thats why I said it.

Understand why you wouldn't want Desean or BM, esp when Tanny takes the field, but we are sorely lacking in the WR dept. That won't help Tanny either....hope we get someone with more talent when he does take the field.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Its fine, YOUR a expert obviously. You know the ins and outs of receiver, you know what will work in what offense. I forgot you were a NFL scout..

O wait your not... your opionion is worth as much as mine... NOTHING! Remember that bud.

Whats the matter? You mad? LOL

Roddy led the league in drops last year, thats why I said it.

Understand why you wouldn't want Desean or BM, esp when Tanny takes the field, but we are sorely lacking in the WR dept. That won't help Tanny either....hope we get someone with more talent when he does take the field.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Whats the matter? You mad? LOL

No not mad, just defeats the point of a forum if people cant post opinions.

Until your right on every scenario, let is play out.

For example, look at Jordys first 3 years in the league

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11270/jordy-nelson

Now look at Hartline

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12568/brian-hartline

One less touchdown, more yards, and more receptions. So to say it WILL never happen, is not accurate.

Now look at Hartline

One less touchdown, more yards, and more receptions. So to say it WILL never happen, is not accurate.
Not really a fair comparison since Hartline has been the #2 receiver for 2 years now. Nelson only became the #2 receiver this year. He was the #3 WR on that team prior to this year because Jennings and Driver were #1 and #2.

Brian Hartline in 2009 had 2 starts, 2010 11 starts and last year 10 starts. Jordy Nelson in 2008 had 2 starts, 2009 zero starts, 2010 4 starts and last year 9 starts. Nelson became starter when Jennings went down and performed so well he displaced Donald Driver this year.

Now look at Hartline

Unfortunately for you...opinions should be backed up with facts. Can you tell me how Hartline reminds you of Jordy? It definitely isn't YAC.

Not really a fair comparison since Hartline has been the #2 receiver for 2 years now. Nelson only became the #2 receiver this year. He was the #3 WR on that team prior to this year because Jennings and Driver were #1 and #2.

Brian Hartline in 2009 had 2 starts, 2010 11 starts and last year 10 starts. Jordy Nelson in 2008 had 2 starts, 2009 zero starts, 2010 4 starts and last year 9 starts. Nelson became starter when Jennings went down and performed so well he displaced Donald Driver this year.

Do you think this is because he improved over those 3 years? Or because he had Aaron Rodgers as his QB? If the Fins had Driver, Jennings, and Rodgers I would predict the same for Hartline.

Thats all Im saying, he had similar stats to Nelson in his first 3 years, and the Dolphins had wayyyyy worse QB play. And I would argue Bess gets more targets than Hartline.

Unfortunately for you...opinions should be backed up with facts. Can you tell me how Hartline reminds you of Jordy? It definitely isn't YAC.

He reminds me of Jordy because they are both in the 6'2 6'3 range, use the sideline well, make tough catches. Are reliable targets, good teammates. Will play a similar role to Nelson, because he will line up on the outside, working the sidelines to either go over the top or come back to balls.

He will be similar. I didnt say they would be replicas. I said THINK Jordy Nelson..

You missed the think part.

Do you think this is because he improved over those 3 years? Or because he had Aaron Rodgers as his QB? If the Fins had Driver, Jennings, and Rodgers I would predict the same for Hartline.

Thats all Im saying, he had similar stats to Nelson in his first 3 years, and the Dolphins had wayyyyy worse QB play. And I would argue Bess gets more targets than Hartline.

So excuses already are being made for Hartline this season....since he will have Moore throwing to him again, you can use that another year.

By the way, your arguement here was the first thing I said against your OP....thanks for proving my point from before.
:lol:

Jordy is faster and doesn't fall down after first contact.....thats 2 big differences between the 2. They are both simlar height? Whoopeee..... Jordy gets better seperation too.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

He reminds me of Jordy because they are both in the 6'2 6'3 range, use the sideline well, make tough catches. Are reliable targets, good teammates. Will play a similar role to Nelson, because he will line up on the outside, working the sidelines to either go over the top or come back to balls.

He will be similar. I didnt say they would be replicas. I said THINK Jordy Nelson..

You missed the think part.

You missed the think part starting this thread.

I think Jordy Nelson has been pretty much the same player since he came in the league. He's gained experience over time and that's the only difference. The things he does on Sunday for the Packers are the same things I saw him doing for Kansas State on Saturday with Josh Freeman throwing him the ball.

[video=youtube;mIUu-nLx0lw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIUu-nLx0lw[/video]

Now show me some highlights of Hartline that remind you anything of Jordy Nelson.

So excuses already are being made for Hartline this season....since he will have Moore throwing to him again, you can use that another year.

By the way, your arguement here was the first thing I said against your OP....thanks for proving my point from before.
:lol:

Jordy is faster and doesn't fall down after first contact.....thats 2 big differences between the 2. They are both simlar height? Whoopeee..... Jordy gets better seperation too.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

You missed the think part starting this thread.

Faster????? HMMM maybe you need to do the research bud.

Jordy http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/combine/_/id/11983/jordy-nelson

Brian http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/combine/_/id/24731/brian-hartline

According to nfl.com, Brian ran a faster 40, 60 yrd shuttle, 20 yard shuttle.

Why cant you except the fact that they are similar?

You mad?

Back
Top Bottom