Official 2005 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Los Angeles Angels Thread

:rofl3: It was nice break this
sweep-1.jpg
out again against the M's.A little pay back for them sweeping us right before the All-Star break.

PHINATIC13 said:
Angels bullpen has been struggling lately. K-Rod just blew a save against the Jays:shakeno: :yell:

Your bullpen is struggling...the A's offense is sucking big time...and I could get swept by the Orioles.:fire::yell:

WOW! K-Rod gives up a slam and we still eek out 7-6 win:shakeno:. I'm starting(about 2 weeks ago) to panic about our bullpen though. Still 3.5 games up on Oakland:tongue: :D

:woot:Bartolo Colon 17-6.............American League Leader(wins). His last 2 starts he's been on fire. He had a shutout going into the 9th against BAL but couldn't seal the deal on the complete game.(3-1 Halos)(K-Rod save)

The A's finally win a damn game....my lord. The bats woke up a little tonight.

The more I look at the schedule the more worried I get...it is a rough road coming up. That horrid start could haunt them.

Big series in Anaheim coming up though....I REALLY hope it is meaningful.

Last week the A's had a pain in the a$$ time against the O's and the Royals...looks like you guys are having a pain in the a$$ time against the D-Rays...

I still think the West comes down to the final week...

12 runs scored by Tampa:fire::yell:.Santana is hit and miss right now.Ervin can pitch with the best of them at times,but can also get shelled like tonight by the D-Ray's.He does have great stuff though. It's down to a 1.5 game lead on the A's.:yell: :D

PHINATIC13 said:
12 runs scored by Tampa:fire::yell:.Santana is hit and miss right now.Ervin can pitch with the best of them at times,but can also get shelled like tonight by the D-Ray's.He does have great stuff though. It's down to a 1.5 game lead on the A's.:yell: :D

I noticed that the couple of times I've seen Santana pitch. He's young though. He has typical young pitcher problems.

When he's bad he trys to overpower people, does'nt use his off-speed stuff effectively, gets behind in the count and does'nt keep the ball down.

When he's on he gets ahead in the count, keeps the ball down and lets his stellar stuff work for him.

I think you guys have a gem though. In 2-3 years he'll anchor your staff.

The A's have a guy in AAA who is exactly the same (Juan Cruz).

The American League is crazy right now. Angels lead the A's by 1 1/2, Sox lead the Yanks by 2 1/2, and there is a three way tie for the Wild Card.

The hunch I'm beginning to get is the Indians are going to steal the Wild Card. Their schedule is by far the easiest of the Wild Card teams.

That would leave both 2nd place teams in the West and the East out of the playoffs...crazy.

Who said the Wild Card in baseball was a bad idea?

unifiedtheory said:
I noticed that the couple of times I've seen Santana pitch. He's young though. He has typical young pitcher problems.

When he's bad he trys to overpower people, does'nt use his off-speed stuff effectively, gets behind in the count and does'nt keep the ball down.

When he's on he gets ahead in the count, keeps the ball down and lets his stellar stuff work for him.

I think you guys have a gem though. In 2-3 years he'll anchor your staff.

The A's have a guy in AAA who is exactly the same (Juan Cruz).

The American League is crazy right now. Angels lead the A's by 1 1/2, Sox lead the Yanks by 2 1/2, and there is a three way tie for the Wild Card.

The hunch I'm beginning to get is the Indians are going to steal the Wild Card. Their schedule is by far the easiest of the Wild Card teams.

That would leave both 2nd place teams in the West and the East out of the playoffs...crazy.

Who said the Wild Card in baseball was a bad idea?

Whoever said it hasn't been looking at the last four World Series winners. Arizona, Anaheim, Florida, and Boston all got into the playoffs via the Wild Card. My theory on it is that the WC team has to play its butt off most of the time to squeak in, while the teams that win the division coast for the month of September and can't turn it back on.

RWhitney014 said:
My theory on it is that the WC team has to play its butt off most of the time to squeak in, while the teams that win the division coast for the month of September and can't turn it back on.

I TOTALLY agree.

The Wid Card teams most years have been playing playoff baseball for 2 months.

I see this year as no different...that's why I see a quick exit in the playoffs for the White Sox.

Ok unifiedtheory it's ON!:yell: :D Bartolo against Zito should be a really good game.Colon has been on fire lately.I know there is still about 30 games left in the season but to me this is a big series. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom