Official 2005 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Los Angeles Angels Thread

unifiedtheory said:
I'll say it again...you call the A's chokers when the Yankees pulled the biggest gag job in pro sports history last year...you are a hypocrite. Is THAT hard to understand?????

How is that being a hypocrite? The Yanks choked last year. OK, all afternoon and night I have NOT ARGUED THIS POINT WITH YOU. And, Oakland has choked every year they have made the playoffs say the past 8 years or so.

Your point?????? What only one team can be "CHOKERS" :rofl3:

You fail to see it. You fail to realize that Oakland is a 1 and done team when they make the playoffs. Give them a 2-0 lead and they still can't close out a series. They cant' be taken seriously come playoff time. That isn't a payroll thing either when you are up 2-0 and cant win a series.

MikeO said:
How is that being a hypocrite? The Yanks choked last year. OK, all afternoon and night I have NOT ARGUED THIS POINT WITH YOU. And, Oakland has choked every year they have made the playoffs say the past 8 years or so.

Your point?????? What only one team can be "CHOKERS" :rofl3:

You fail to see it. You fail to realize that Oakland is a 1 and done team when they make the playoffs. Give them a 2-0 lead and they still can't close out a series. They cant' be taken seriously come playoff time. That isn't a payroll thing either when you are up 2-0 and cant win a series.

It may not be a payroll thing...

Then again when you have 4th starters who are named Gil Heredia and you have to have them pitch in the playoffs because you CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE $14,000,000.00 4TH STARTERS I think the payroll arguement is legitimate.

The A's teams WERE one and done playoff teams.

To group this A's team in with the teams from the last decade is rediculous.

How many everyday players remain on the A's from the last time they made the playoffs?

1...Eric Chavez.

How many starting pitchers remain from the A's the last time they made the playoffs?

2...Zito and Harden. Harden was 21 years old and did'nt start a playoff game and Zito has always been a dependable playoff pitcher. (3-2 with a 2.76 ERA)

This A's team also has a totally different bullpen then any of those playoff team.

The point I was trying to make the whole time but failed to (I hope I have at least clarified my opinion now) is this team:

1. Was'nt expected to do anything this year but even though they have two everyday players who are rookies, 2 rookie starting pitchers and a rookie closer they are in the playoff chase...

2. Calling this team a "one and done" playoff team because of the past is unreasonable.

This team has been TOTALLY overhauled since the last time they made a playoff appearence. To be honest...if they make the playoffs this year they will probably get bounced in the first round. They are too young...but the learning experience will be great for such a young team.

unifiedtheory said:
It may not be a payroll thing...

Then again when you have 4th starters who are named Gil Heredia and you have to have them pitch in the playoffs because you CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE $14,000,000.00 4TH STARTERS I think the payroll arguement is legitimate.

The A's teams WERE one and done playoff teams.

To group this A's team in with the teams from the last decade is rediculous.

How many everyday players remain on the A's from the last time they made the playoffs?

1...Eric Chavez.

How many starting pitchers remain from the A's the last time they made the playoffs?

2...Zito and Harden. Harden was 21 years old and did'nt start a playoff game and Zito has always been a dependable playoff pitcher. (3-2 with a 2.76 ERA)

This A's team also has a totally different bullpen then any of those playoff team.

The point I was trying to make the whole time but failed to (I hope I have at least clarified my opinion now) is this team:

1. Was'nt expected to do anything this year but even though they have two everyday players who are rookies, 2 rookie starting pitchers and a rookie closer they are in the playoff chase...

2. Calling this team a "one and done" playoff team because of the past is unreasonable.

This team has been TOTALLY overhauled since the last time they made a playoff appearence. To be honest...if they make the playoffs this year they will probably get bounced in the first round. They are too young...but the learning experience will be great for such a young team.

It took till 12:42 am but that was your best post all day. And yes you have clarified things now.

I disagree with it, but I see your point.And I can agree to disagree.
They probably will make the playoffs this year if they keep playing like this though

The Angels need Kotchman to stay hot and keep Finley out of the lineup. Frankly it's real tough getting to Harden and having your weakest link as Finley is pretty weak apparently as shown this season. Lackey just needs to avoid the big inning and he'll limit Oakland pretty well. It's the day after that won't be easy for young but ultra-talented Santana, and then Byrd is Byrd almost every time. Angels' O must step up and that especially means Vlad/Anderson.

I knew Texas couldnt hang around with there pitching, and the way the A's started the season I thought the Angels could run away with this thing. That isnt going to happen, but I still like our chances. This series is huge though.

Hopefully tommorow the Angels will go

1- Figgins (SOMEONE TELL HIM TO STOP BATTING FROM THE RIGHT SIDE)
2- Cabrera
3- Davanon CF (gets on well against Zito)
4- Guerrero
5- Anderson
6- Rivera
7- Erstad
8- Molina
9- Kennedy

Ervin's got his work cut out for him...

Jeff DaVanon batting third? Best hitter in the lineup is supposed to be third...

Back
Top Bottom