Official 2005 Los Angeles Angels Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Los Angeles Angels Thread

I think I've personally turned this thread into a "fight for the AL West" thread...:evil:

I might be the only one but....I find it pretty damn impressive that the A's are 45-15 since May 29th...

They have played .750 baseball for over two months...

On May 29th they were 13 games behind the Twins for the Wild Card...they are 6 clear of the Twins and 3 ahead of the Yankees for the Wild Card now...

That series this week in Oakland will be great!

unifiedtheory said:
I think I've personally turned this thread into a "fight for the AL West" thread...:evil:

I might be the only one but....I find it pretty damn impressive that the A's are 45-15 since May 29th...

On May 29th they were 13 games behind the Twins for the Wild Card...they are 6 clear of the Twins and 3 ahead of the Yankees for the Wild Card now...

Nobody takes Oakland seriously cause they can't get out of the 1st round of the playoffs. So if they get the Wild Card or win the West....its 1 and done.

MikeO said:
Nobody takes Oakland seriously cause they can't get out of the 1st round of the playoffs. So if they get the Wild Card or win the West....its 1 and done.

That is what happens when you don't have a 593749057349857349759 million dollar payroll...they have no depth so the team gets tired.

Only a Yankee fan would'nt be impressed by a team doing what they are doing on a shoestring budget, essentially 3 rookie starting pitchers, a rookie closer and 2 everyday players that are rookies.

Yankee fans don't know anything about rookies because they don't need to use them...they just buy whatever they need....and they have a horrid list of prospects.

I don't take the Yankees seriously because they have a piss-poor starting rotation, there everyday lineup is older then the hills AND they are BEHIND a team (the A's) who have 1/5th of the Yankees payroll. I think it would be laughable if a team with a payroll in the neighborhood of 200 million dollars MISSED the damn playoffs.

Yes, I know the Yankees have the tradition and the rings. I respect that organization more then any other in pro sports. That being said I am talking about RIGHT NOW. And right now the Yankees are hanging on and they are being run like they were in the 80's. Spend spend spend your way out of trouble and young players/depth in the minor leagues be damned.

The reason the A's have failed in the playoffs in the past also stems from Mark Mulder and Tim Hudson breaking down late in the season and the bullpen sucking...neither of those 2 factors will come into play this year if they make the playoffs. Thew A's also have been inflexable in the way they try to score runs in the playoffs...I hope that changes if they make it this year.

This was the rebuilding year and the team was getting primed to make a 2-3 year run next year...playing this well this year is unexpected.

Lets see how well they do in the playoffs in a year with Zito, Harden is a year older (and a legit Cy Young candidate at age 24), Haren and Blanton are a year older and Juan Cruz (he is TEARING UP triple A and should be in the rotation later in the year) and Dan Meyer (finally healthy) are in the rotation...the A's will have the best starting rotation in baseball...and they won't all get hurt like Mulder and Hudson used to on a regular basis in crunchtime.

unifiedtheory said:
That is what happens when you don't have a 593749057349857349759 million dollar payroll...they have no depth so the team gets tired.

Only a Yankee fan would'nt be impressed by a team doing what they are doing on a shoestring budget, essentially 3 rookie starting pitchers, a rookie closer and 2 everyday players that are rookies.

Yankee fans don't know anything about rookies because they don't need to use them...they just buy whatever they need....and they have a horrid list of prospects.

I don't take the Yankees seriously because they have a piss-poor starting rotation, there everyday lineup is older then the hills AND they are BEHIND a team (the A's) who have 1/5th of the Yankees payroll. I think it would be laughable if a team with a payroll in the neighborhood of 200 million dollars MISSED the damn playoffs.

Yes, I know the Yankees have the tradition and the rings. I respect that organization more then any other in pro sports. That being said I am talking about RIGHT NOW. And right now the Yankees are hanging on and they are being run like they were in the 80's. Spend spend spend your way out of trouble and young players/depth in the minor leagues be damned.

The reason the A's have failed in the playoffs in the past also stems from Mark Mulder and Tim Hudson breaking down late in the season and the bullpen sucking...neither of those 2 factors will come into play this year if they make the playoffs. Thew A's also have been inflexable in the way they try to score runs in the playoffs...I hope that changes if they make it this year.

This was the rebuilding year and the team was getting primed to make a 2-3 year run next year...playing this well this year is unexpected.

Lets see how well they do in the playoffs in a year with Zito, Harden is a year older (and a legit Cy Young candidate at age 24), Haren and Blanton are a year older and Juan Cruz (he is TEARING UP triple A and should be in the rotation later in the year) and Dan Meyer (finally healthy) are in the rotation...the A's will have the best starting rotation in baseball...and they won't all get hurt like Mulder and Hudson used to on a regular basis in crunchtime.

So don't take the Yanks seriously. Who cares? This topic is about the A's!:shakeno:

Also, the A's had a 2-0 lead on the Red Sox 2 years ago (best of 5 mind you) and STILL Lost the series, that was the final nail in the coffin. And a couple years before that they had a 2-0 lead over the Yanks, went home...couldn't close it out and blew that best of 5 series as well. That has nothing to do with payroll, that is CHOKING!

MikeO said:
So don't take the Yanks seriously. Who cares? This topic is about the A's!:shakeno:

Also, the A's had a 2-0 lead on the Red Sox 2 years ago (best of 5 mind you) and STILL Lost the series, that was the final nail in the coffin. And a couple years before that they had a 2-0 lead over the Yanks, went home...couldn't close it out and blew that best of 5 series as well. That has nothing to do with payroll, that is CHOKING!

Nice way of ignoring my point completly. I am assuming you are a Yankees fan...and when a Yankees fan says anything about another MLB team they should preface it by stating they are a Yankees fan. The Yankees are in another league.

Yah, they blew it against the Sox. The got the shaft on a TERRIBLE runner interference call in game 5...

Yah, the blew it against the Yankees. Giambi should have slid...I still have no idea w.t.f. he was thinking going into home standing up...

ALL that being said... considering the Yankees suffered the BIGGEST GAG JOB IN SPORTS HISTORY last year I don't think a Yankee fan should ever say anything about another team choking...EVER...that is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

unifiedtheory said:
Nice way of ignoring my point completly. I am assuming you are a Yankees fan...and when a Yankees fan says anything about another MLB team they should preface it by stating they are a Yankees fan. The Yankees are in another league.

Yah, they blew it against the Sox. The got the shaft on a TERRIBLE runner interference call in game 5...

Yah, the blew it against the Yankees. Giambi should have slid...I still have no idea w.t.f. he was thinking going into home standing up...

ALL that being said... considering the Yankees suffered the BIGGEST GAG JOB IN SPORTS HISTORY last year I don't think a Yankee fan should ever say anything about another team choking...EVER...that is the ultimate in hypocrisy.

Whatever, I won't get into the mindless NAMECALLING and back and forth about teams and what.

Best of 5 series, Oakland had a 2-0 lead TWICE since 2001 and LOST both. Once even going home for 2 games to close it out. That is choking. That is why Oakland isnt' taken SERIOUSLY in the playoffs! Bottom line. Like it or not its the perception and perception is the TRUTH in this case.

Why are the Yanks even brought up again this is a topic about the A's. Oh thats right SECOND CITY MENTALITY! :shakeno:

MikeO said:
Whatever, I won't get into the mindless NAMECALLING and back and forth about teams and what.

Best of 5 series, Oakland had a 2-0 lead TWICE since 2001 and LOST both. Once even going home for 2 games to close it out. That is choking. That is why Oakland isnt' taken SERIOUSLY in the playoffs! Bottom line. Like it or not its the perception and perception is the TRUTH in this case.

Why are the Yanks even brought up again this is a topic about the A's. Oh thats right SECOND CITY MENTALITY! :shakeno:

Second city mentality?

Not so much...I call it MLB's moronic financial structure. If Selig was'nt such an idiot he would have had a REAL luxery taw..instead of the joke MLB has now.

Anyway...before a Yankees fan talks about other teams choking maybe they should remember being up 3-0 last year and blowing it...biggest choke in professional sports history...end of discussion.

unifiedtheory said:
Second city mentality?

Not so much...I call it MLB's moronic financial structure. If Selig was'nt such an idiot he would have had a REAL luxery taw..instead of the joke MLB has now.

Anyway...before a Yankees fan talks about other teams choking maybe they should remember being up 3-0 last year and blowing it...biggest choke in professional sports history...end of discussion.

Yankees choked last year. Nobody is debating that with you but that is all you bring up. THAT IS A SECOND CITY MENTALITY! You are debating YOURSELF on this topic!!!!!!

You fail to recogonize the point that the A's HAVE NEVER MADE IT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS IN RECENT YEARS. And have had 2-0 leads in Best of 5 series and STILL LOST! And in some had 2-0 leads heading back home, and still can't find a way to win one more game. That is why the A's aren't taken seriously when it comes playoff time.

Get over the Yankees choking. Yes, they choked last year. Still got 4 rings in 6 trips over the last decade. So, at least come playoff time (if they are there) they are a threat. Oakland is NEVER a threat come October because they choke every year. Is that hard to understand???? :shakeno:

MikeO said:
Yankees choked last year. Nobody is debating that with you but that is all you bring up. THAT IS A SECOND CITY MENTALITY! You are debating YOURSELF on this topic!!!!!!

You fail to recogonize the point that the A's HAVE NEVER MADE IT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS IN RECENT YEARS. And have had 2-0 leads in Best of 5 series and STILL LOST! And in some had 2-0 leads heading back home, and still can't find a way to win one more game. That is why the A's aren't taken seriously when it comes playoff time.

Get over the Yankees choking. Yes, they choked last year. Still got 4 rings in 6 trips over the last decade. So, at least come playoff time (if they are there) they are a threat. Oakland is NEVER a threat come October because they choke every year. Is that hard to understand???? :shakeno:

I'll say it again...you call the A's chokers when the Yankees pulled the biggest gag job in pro sports history last year...you are a hypocrite. Is THAT hard to understand?????

It is not a 2nd city mentality...it is MLB's flawed financial structure....then Yankee fans seem to think all is well with MLB's financial structure.

You can bring up the blown 2-0 leads to your hearts content...

This thread is not about this topic though...I appolgize to the Angels fans who started this thread and did not want to hear this debate.

Yankee fan called the A's chokers...after I pointed out they are doing a HELL of a lot better then anyone expected them to...and he chimed in with his "they are'nt taken seriously when playoff time comes"...that is YOUR opinion yet you preach it like it is gospel.

MikeO said:

Dude you got alot Ba**s to bring up the phase CHOKING, Yankees among their 26 titles also hold the title for the GREATEST CHOKE OF ALL TIME.I would choose my words more carefully if I were you.:tongue: :lol:

unifiedtheory said:
I'll say it again...you call the A's chokers when the Yankees pulled the biggest gag job in pro sports history last year...you are a hypocrite. Is THAT hard to understand?????

It is not a 2nd city mentality...it is MLB's flawed financial structure....then Yankee fans seem to think all is well with MLB's financial structure.

You can bring up the blown 2-0 leads to your hearts content...

This thread is not about this topic though...I appolgize to the Angels fans who started this thread and did not want to hear this debate.

Yankee fan called the A's chokers...after I pointed out they are doing a HELL of a lot better then anyone expected them to...and he chimed in with his "they are'nt taken seriously when playoff time comes"...that is YOUR opinion yet you preach it like it is gospel.

It's a waste of time uni, he won't get it.

unifiedtheory said:

16-1(over KC) c'mon I want the league to check the A's bats for cork:mad: :tongue: :D

unifiedtheory said:
No crap its my opinion, I posted it. Who's opinion would it be?!:shakeno: :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom