Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

Hostile7 said:
Let's be honest, The red sox helped him out a lot.

Bingo. Wright didn't impress me at all. Unlike Pavano against us. Later on in the year with the same performance, Wright gets rocked.

You Sox fans are starting to sound like Jet fans....no one ever beats you, you beat yourselves. :lol:

He impressed me if not you. When a pitcher doesn't bring his best stuff and still wins, that's pretty impressive. After the three-walk inning, I thought he was done, but he came back.

As for the "same game later in the season" argument, what makes you think he'll pitch that badly later in the season? :confused:

FaninPatsyLand said:
Bingo. Wright didn't impress me at all. Unlike Pavano against us. Later on in the year with the same performance, Wright gets rocked.

Any time you only give up 2 runs to that Sox lineup you've done something. Whether it was pretty or not doesn't mean anything.

FiN.in.RI said:
Are the Orioles that good? I thought their pitching was rather poor, can't deny that line-up though..

It's about time the Orioles start beating up on the Yankees. For the last 2 years, whenever they played the Yankees they would roll over and play dead, and the Yankees put a whooping on them. Then the Red Sox would come to town and they would play like a bunch of all-stars. Doesn't look like the case this year, and it's DAMN good to see.

The Orioles decided the AL East last year, by winning the season series against the Red Sox and playing dead against the Yankees.

18 left on base for the Yankees today. Way to many times this season I've watched this team look at pitchers mistakes (pitches right over the plate). As bad as Brown was early today the Yankees had a chance if they would of gotten some 2 out hits. I'm confident they'll turn it around very soon, especially with the Boss sending a message today but the bats have dissappointed me a lot more early in the season then the pitching has!

If we're 100 games into the season and we're still under .500 and Unit is pitching this way I will get worried. As much as the Yankees play has been horrible this year I refuse to allow them to get me all crazy when the first month of the season isn't over yet!

Nice outing by Pavano and good to see Karsay come in for a quick 9th. If he's healthy I trust his stuff in big situations over a lot of others!

Good job by the bullpen tonight to save Mussina's a$$. Mariano still is on shaky ground but I think he's gaining confidence everytime out. I think he will be dominant again in no time. As for Mussina, I like what he's been giving us the first four innings in his starts but he really needs to start going deeper into games. He should at least be giving us 6 and he isn't even doing that. I think he'll turn it around but as of right now I don't like what we're getting out of him!

Dear Kevin Brown,

Please get out of the first inning without giving up at least 4 runs.

Signed,
A guy who wishes we still had Andy Pettitte!

Back
Top Bottom