Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Good news for us Yankee fans. Pavano won't be missing a start. I like what I've seen out of him and I'm excited to have him in pinstripes!

That was a nasty drive he caught off his head, he was lucky. Pavano definitely looks like he's the real deal and that last year was no fluke.

FiN.in.RI said:
That was a nasty drive he caught off his head, he was lucky. Pavano definitely looks like he's the real deal and that last year was no fluke.

He's been a very good post-season pitcher, and he just put his stuff into the regular season. I was pissed we didn't sign him or Pedro. Because of his age, Pavano probably would have been a better pickup. Unlike Vazquez, I know he can handle the pressure of a big market team.

Hostile7 said:
Unlike Vazquez, I know he can handle the pressure of a big market team.

I like Pavano as much as anyone and would have loved to have him in a Red Sox uniform. But lets not go overboard quite yet. He's pitched in exactly 1 full game for a big market team. He's been with Montreal and Florida, which are not big market teams. So how do you KNOW he can handle the pressure, I'm not saying he can't, I happen to think he can. But at this point there is just no proof of that.

I think Pavano will be a stud. I know I only saw one start from him this season but I saw some of him in Spring Training and he looked sharp. I think he is going to be a fixture in NY for a long time to come!

FiN.in.RI said:
Is Mike Tyson your father, or do you just pick trash for a living? :lol:

You should have quit while you were ahead :shakeno:

I like Pavano as much as anyone and would have loved to have him in a Red Sox uniform. But lets not go overboard quite yet. He's pitched in exactly 1 full game for a big market team. He's been with Montreal and Florida, which are not big market teams. So how do you KNOW he can handle the pressure, I'm not saying he can't, I happen to think he can. But at this point there is just no proof of that.

I think anyone who can pitch as well as he di in the WORLD SERIES against the Yanks can perform well under pressure and play for the yanks. No he hasn't pitched for a big market team but there is no bigger stage in MLb than the WS and he was great against the Yankees.

Pavano will be fine. I'm more concerned with Mussina and Brown, the older guys then I am with Wright and Pavano. Randy is Randy, I am not worried about him one bit!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Pavano will be fine. I'm more concerned with Mussina and Brown, the older guys then I am with Wright and Pavano. Randy is Randy, I am not worried about him one bit!

Wright is awful. He's a ticking time bomb, the question is.. when is he going to lose it? He will not be a factor for the Yankees this year. But he is a back of the rotation guy. I don't think the Yankees are counting on him in a big way.

It's unbelievable what those coaches in Atlanta can do with pitching.

FaninPatsyLand said:

I said Vazquez would fail in NY from the start. I also believe Pavano will be fine. Great stuff and a great pitcher in the post-season (when the pressure is on the most).

I think Wright will be awesome in NY with no pressure on him. I think he's perfect for the situation he's in (4th or 5th starter)!

Wright was pretty bad tonight walking a lot of guys and missing high. With that said he did get himself out of some jams which was nice to see. I give him a 6 out of 10 performance. Not good by any means but as I said, he did get himself out of some james against a hell of a line up!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Wright was pretty bad tonight walking a lot of guys and missing high. With that said he did get himself out of some jams which was nice to see. I give him a 6 out of 10 performance. Not good by any means but as I said, he did get himself out of some james against a hell of a line up!

He wasn't great but any time you only give up 2 runs to that Sox lineup you've done a good job and you can see he has some mental toughness which the last 2 "younger" pitchers we acquired never seemed to have. I don't know whetehr Wright and Pavano will end up being very good for the yanks but they ahve already impressed me w/ the way they pitched against Boston. Weaver and Vasquez were both throttled by Boston every time they faced them so i think Pavano and Wright's starts against Boston are excellent signs.

The thing I liked about Wright the most tonight was the fact that he got out of jams. I think he will surprise in pinstripes!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
The thing I liked about Wright the most tonight was the fact that he got out of jams. I think he will surprise in pinstripes!

Let's be honest, The red sox helped him out a lot.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

He got out of jams? Well, I guess you could say that. I'd call it terrible hitting. The big boys were way out of rythem. On a normal night for our line up, Wright wouldn't have made it to the 4th.

Wright got out of jams. I respect that Boston swung at bad pitches but someone threw those pitches that the swung at right? I like Wright. I think he's gutty. Last night proved a little something to me. Not much but it's early and I think he's going to be a stud in pinstripes. Pavano too!

Back
Top Bottom