Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2005 Yankees World Series Champion Thread

Can I ask a question?

How come in your Red Sox thread, there's nothing but Red Sox talk. There's no Yankee fans in there running their mouths, yet in here there's nothing BUT Sox fans trashing the Yanks?

I know the thread was started with an attitude, which maybe the original poster could change (hint, hint), but how about letting Yankee fans have their own thread like you do without the bullsh*t?

Just an idea. ;)

nyjunc said:
Not bad for a small market team? I can buy that for '03 but not for '97, that was a a team of all high priced FAs. The Yanks moved to NY in 1903(became the Yankees a decade or so later) so we'll give you guys until 2090 to win 24 more World Series to catch up w/ us. :lol:

You do understand that if ther wasn't Free Agency then the marlins wouldn't have any Championships, don't you? They won in '97 w/ mostly FAs and then traded those guys away for prospects whichs et the wheels in motion for rebuilding and winning the '03 title. W/ no FA you don't win 2 titles in 11 seasons so by saying there was no FA in the early 20th Century HURT the Yanks rather than help them and by hvaing FA when the marlins were born helped them.

The 1997 argument also complies because the Fish couldnt keep that team together because of cost issues, that's the struggle of being a small market team. And going back to the era before Free Agency, the yankees were one of the few lucky teams that was blessed with tons of talent that was forced ot stay in New York due to FA restrictions. Because of that, the Yanks kept winning and winning. Since the yanks are in the #1 market now, they are self-sufficient, so even in free agency they kept it going. It's also not as big of an accomplishment to play 8-12 teams in your league every year to get to the playoffs. Playing 14-15 teams to get there is....

Pagan said:
Can I ask a question?

How come in your Red Sox thread, there's nothing but Red Sox talk. There's no Yankee fans in there running their mouths, yet in here there's nothing BUT Sox fans trashing the Yanks?

I know the thread was started with an attitude, which maybe the original poster could change (hint, hint), but how about letting Yankee fans have their own thread like you do without the bullsh*t?

Just an idea. ;)

lol.. it's only the 2 punk yankee fans talkin ****. If you look through the thread you'll see.. The red sox thread actually keeps it on topic without resulting to trash talk (for now). Compare the names of the people who post in that thread to this one and you'll see a couple of differences.

TerryTate said:
The 1997 argument also complies because the Fish couldnt keep that team together because of cost issues, that's the struggle of being a small market team. And going back to the era before Free Agency, the yankees were one of the few lucky teams that was blessed with tons of talent that was forced ot stay in New York due to FA restrictions. Because of that, the Yanks kept winning and winning. Since the yanks are in the #1 market now, they are self-sufficient, so even in free agency they kept it going. It's also not as big of an accomplishment to play 8-12 teams in your league every year to get to the playoffs. Playing 14-15 teams to get there is....

Nobody forced the marlins to spend like they did. Huizenga did it to win and hopefully draw some fans to make money and when the fans still didn't show up he got rid of everyone. The Yanks did it the right way in the 90s and their payroll wasn't enormous until alot of their core younger players were up for FA. Smaller market teams wouldn t be able to keep those players like the Yanks did BUT at least they would have had an opportunity to win a few Championships before it happened.

No one complained in the 80s when the yanks bought alot of FAs and never won and teams like Oak and Minny were leading the league in payroll(including oakland getting Rickey henderson from the yanks in a salary dump move) but when the yanks are on top everyone complains. Again, money gives the yanks an advantage but it doesn't guarantee anything. You need to have a good FO even if you have money just look at teams like the Mets, the Red Sox(prior to the last 2 years), the Dodgers, the O's and others who have spent a ton and never won anything in the past decade.

FiN.in.RI said:
I'll say this though, if I were a yankee fan, i'd be pissed at how Rivera reacted to his standing ovation at Fenway.

Why? I loved the way he reacted.

FiN.in.RI said:
I'll say this though, if I were a yankee fan, i'd be pissed at how Rivera reacted to his standing ovation at Fenway.

Why? Im happy, it shows me that the SOX aren't in his head and he can laugh at the whole thing.

As a Sox fan I would be pissed that the guy in a yankee uniform who got the biggest BOOO's was the friggin bat boy! Man, you guys are slipping. Giambi, A-Rod, Jeter, Randy....nope. The Bat Boy got the most heat!

nyjunc said:
Nobody forced the marlins to spend like they did. Huizenga did it to win and hopefully draw some fans to make money and when the fans still didn't show up he got rid of everyone. The Yanks did it the right way in the 90s and their payroll wasn't enormous until alot of their core younger players were up for FA. Smaller market teams wouldn t be able to keep those players like the Yanks did BUT at least they would have had an opportunity to win a few Championships before it happened.

The 1997 Marlins is the most MIS-UNDERSTOOD team in sports history. Huizenga was majority owner, but he wasn't the FULL owner. He told his other co-owners with less shares/interest in the team......I will spend the money and be the backbone of a winner. Let's build a winner. But once we win and start winning, you all kick in more $$$$ and let's get this thing rolling. THE OTHER CO-OWNERS AGGREED! So, Wayne went out spent the big bucks, brought in the big guns, and they won. Wayne then turns to his co-owners and said, ok lets go. They all backed down. Once that happened Wayne, who was losing money with the free spending made a business decision that he couldn't keep going forward this way with no help, backed out and stopped the spending. The team split up. Wayne gets all of the bad pub and heat for that 1997 Marlins team, but honestly it wasn't his fault. He lived up to his end of the agreement, his co-owners were chicken s^*t cowards and backed down and were exposed as liars.

MikeO said:
Why? Im happy, it shows me that the SOX aren't in his head and he can laugh at the whole thing.

I wonder if he'll laugh when he blows ANOTHER save at Fenway and gets another Standing O. I know I'll be laughing :lol:

MikeO said:

I wonder if he'll laugh when he blows ANOTHER save at Fenway and gets another Standing O. I know I'll be laughing :lol:

MikeO said:
As a Sox fan I would be pissed that the guy in a yankee uniform who got the biggest BOOO's was the friggin bat boy! Man, you guys are slipping. Giambi, A-Rod, Jeter, Randy....nope. The Bat Boy got the most heat!

I don't know what game you were watching but Jeter and arod got the most Boo's BY FAR! You're just as delusional as junk heap is if you really think that's what you saw!

Good news for us Yankee fans. Pavano won't be missing a start. I like what I've seen out of him and I'm excited to have him in pinstripes!

Back
Top Bottom