***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)*** | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official 2007 Miami Dolphins Draft Thread (Day 2)***

Kelvin Smith LB. Does anyone know anything about him? Saw that he was an all big east selection and 6'2" 240 with 26 reps.

Strengths:
Good size and bulk...Reliable tackler and a big hitter...Smart and instinctive...Hard worker with a great motor...Versatile...Decent pass rusher and blitzer...Is strong and powerful...Real productive...Tons of experience...Has special teams potential.

Weaknesses:
Timed speed is below average...Not a great athlete...Is not explosive and lacks a burst...Does not have very good range...Struggles in coverage and doesn't have fluid hips...Poor use of his hands...He must to do a better job of shedding blocks.

Notes:
Nephew of Tennessee Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck...A four-year starter in the Big East...Started outside his first two years and inside the last two...Very good football player who lacks the physical tools you look for...Could be a nice backup.

He's good, I had him rated fairly high, but I would have preferred Siler.

Actually, the Syracuse linebacker we took was Kelvin Smith. Siler has decent straight-line speed but is awfully stiff. Scouts don't believe he is big enough to play inside or cover well enough to play outside. I guess there was some stuff in the workouts that teams really did not like, plus maybe teams did not think he could contribute on special teams. Brandon really needed to listen to Urban Meyer and return for his senior year.

Wow, I wonder what his weight loss program is. To go from 350 to 270 in a year.

I just don't get these picks Mueller/Cameron are making. Starting with Ginn and all the way to Mormino. It is puzzling to me the choices were making. I'm guessing management wants to pick in the top 10 in 2008 because I don't see ANY improvements their making to the team. I feel for Zach and J.T. because they got to be feeling the same things we as fans are witnessing. The defense is going to have win games, AGAIN, since the offense doesn't seem to look improved. Unless they can pick up Trent Green after what will look like a June 1st cut, this offense will suck the life out of South Florida. Poor Ronnie, gonna see 8, 9 man fronts. I just don't feel optimistic about the 2007 season.

Im curious to know what the plan is ... some of these pics are very interesting indeed.. i wonder what we're going to get for Ricky... I don't think he is a Dolphin anymore.

The Insiders had Smith rated the #8 MLB in the draft. Siler was #7.

How is Brandon Siler and Earl Everett still on the board???

Kelvin Smith LB. Does anyone know anything about him? Saw that he was an all big east selection and 6'2" 240 with 26 reps.

Kiper just said while he doesn't look that impressive on paper (he isn't bad, just nothing "wows" you) he is great on the field. Said he seems to always be around the ball and making plays. Said he is a much better football player than his stats or measureables would elad you to believe.

Back
Top Bottom