official 2012 combine discussion thread... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

official 2012 combine discussion thread...

Yea it seems like when they go to commercial you end up missing a bunch of guys running. I think you can watch it on nfl.com though live as well, at least you used to be able to. I was really hoping they had retired that freakin NAPA commercial after March Madness last year

this is very interesting considering i read he was down to 219 i believe,

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012-nfl-combine-results-wide-receivers/

That's a good point, I looked it up and he weighed in at 216- maybe he went on a crash diet and I guess those numbers are old, innacurate or both. We'll see what he runs, if he's running.

I just saw this:

As expected, #SouthCarolina WR Alshon Jeffery is not running at the #ScoutingCombine despite being healthy

http://twitter.com/#!/DraftCountdown

WR Alshon Jeffery, #SouthCarolina is training at St Vincents here in Indy. Sources say he's weighing 249lbs + running a 4.88 Forty

http://twitter.com/#!/DraftCountdown

This was reported and refuted some time ago on another board. Based on a tweet by Alshon himself, he was in Columbia with Melvin Ingram the night of January 7th and his agent says Jeffery had been training for the combine in Tampa since January 8th.

Unless Alshon was in Indy immediately after the bowl game on January 2nd, it is highly doubtful he was ever in there.

Anyone see the poor guy from Miss State that tripped and crashed into the camera/timing machine on his 40. Poor guy.

I love Miller. I think he will be the best RB in the draft when it is over.

Miami used him at times in odd ways.

BTW, how much speed did Randy Shannon and Al Golden have on that team?

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on guys like Joe Adams or Kendall Wright running slower than expected. I think it's similar to the case of Joe Haden when he went to combine and ran disappointing 40 times. Everybody around here freaked out. He just didn't train properly for the technique to run the fastest 40 possible.

Joe Haden being the best CB in the draft was never in question in my mind, all you had to do was watch the tape.

A lot of these guys run blazing 40's but they just don't play the game that fast.

That's why you should never fall in love or out of love with players based on their combine performances. If you've put in the work on film study, you're only looking for confirmation of what you see on tape. If guys are having amazing combines and testing through the roof, but don't have the production to match... or don't play up to those specs on film. it's usually a red flag.

Slimm.... whats your take on trichs knee procedure? Probably nothing to be too worried about, but i imagine teams will be exploring it hard.

sounds like my Michigan boys (David Molk, Mike Martin, and Junior Hemmingway) all have been having nice combines so far.

IMO (and this is not being a homer), I feel like those 3 are extremely undervalued right now. Maybe it's because of how bad Michigan was during RichRod's 3 seasons here, but they're all very good in their own right. With Hemmingway, small injuries and QB play/style kept him from really producing consistently.

Back
Top Bottom