Official 2015 Power Rankings Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2015 Power Rankings Thread

I can agree with our position according to Yahoo!, but I'd quickly put us ahead of the Ravens if we land Mathis and Albert comes back strong.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-for-every-nfl-team-preseason-week-1-edition

For what it's worth Bleacher Report had us going 10-6 a few months ago and now that we're closer to pre-season they bumped us to 11-5......and have the Patriots going 10-6 :brewskis:

We also headline the article with pictures of dolphins stadium and tannehill.

"Miami’s defensive line is about to be terrifying. I’m talking vintage "pumpkinhead child on Halloween" terrifying.

Suh has recorded 129 pressures over the past two seasons, and during the same period Wake has notched 20 sacks along with 136 pressures. They’ll often meet at the quarterback and proceed to the sideline where they'll watch their quarterback, Ryan Tannehill, connect with wide receiver DeVante Parker."

Then there's this:

2014 record: 8-8, 2015 prediction: 7-9

A ton of money was dropped to make the Dolphins an immediate contender in the offseason, but the entire gambit will be unsuccessful if Ryan Tannehill doesn't take a big step forward.

While Tannehill has a slightly better arsenal of weapons at his disposal, the Texas A&M product will struggle to make those around him better - which is what Jarvis Landry, Kenny Stills, and rookie DeVante Parker will need.

The defense will most likely rush the passer well, with Ndamukong Suh adding to an already talented group, but defensive tackle free-agent acquisitions aren't historically a harbinger of future team success (see Pat Williams, Warren Sapp, and Albert Haynesworth, to name a few).

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/806050

Are we 9th best teams in NFL??? No but it new year. Since they got us that high prove it this yr. Afc playoff. N.E. ,Pit, den,, colts, ravens, ???? Kc, mia, bills, Bengal, San...will be fighting for last spot....jets done

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/power-rankings

MIAMI DOLPHINS (0-0) HIGH: 8 / LOW: 8
After an impressive free agency, the Dolphins added the draft’s biggest defensive lineman (Jordan Phillips) to pair with Ndamukong Suh. They also added a potentially elite pass catcher in DeVante Parker. The offensive line, in both run blocking and pass protection, was the team’s downfall in 2014 and they may once again be too thin in that area of the roster.

So the power rankings range is pretty wide. Which suggests to me some of these rankings are getting mailed in, because it's preseason and they can get away with not doing their homework

BTW the SIM rank on the same page has the Dolphins ranked 17th

Not a power ranking per say but:

Miami - Over/Under 9 wins

Jeremy: After an 8-8 season and missing the playoffs for the sixth straight season the Dolphins went out in the offseason and added significant talent on both sides of the ball. Perhaps the biggest move was the signing of DL Ndamukong Suh who will add another weapon to an already talented front seven that features Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon who combined for 18 sacks last year. That number should be even higher in 2015 as opposing offensive lines will have to focus more on Suh. Offensively, Miami is led by rising QB Ryan Tannehill (ranked the #12 QB by Rotoworld) who had to be happy with the signings of WR’s Kenny Stills and Greg Jennings to complement talented slot receiver Jarvis Landry and rookie burner DeVante Parker. However, the acquisition that may be most overlooked is the signing of TE Jordan Cameron who, if he can stay healthy, will offer Tannehill a more reliable red zone option after the Dolphins ranked 21st in red zone scoring in 2014. The running backs will be led by Lamar Miller but he will be pushed by rookie Jay Ajayi. Miami will play a soft schedule early on with five of their first six opponents having records under .500 in 2014 and even though it gets harder in the second half, I see them improving on last year’s win total. With the addition of key pieces on defense and a continually improving offense, I expect the Dolphins to challenge the Patriots for the AFC East title with 10 or 11 wins. Take OVER 9 wins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-wins-over-under-073000441--nfl.html

I was in the grocery store last night and came upon the magazine section. I read the season preview for the Dolphins in The Sporting News and read two different things. 1. The Sporting News actually has the Dolphins going 10-6 and losing to the Ravens in the Wild Card game. But then there was another section where they broke down the teams further and this is what was said:

From "The Linemakers":

The Linemakers Take: Ryan Tannehill is emerging as a solid NFL quarterback, but making the playoffs and/or getting double-digit wins doesn't seem likely with his below-average receivers. Seven to eight wins seems more probable. *The Linemakers is a provider of sports-betting analysis.

I was kind of surprised seeing as how I don't view the WRs in the same light as them at all.

I was in the grocery store last night and came upon the magazine section. I read the season preview for the Dolphins in The Sporting News and read two different things. 1. The Sporting News actually has the Dolphins going 10-6 and losing to the Ravens in the Wild Card game. But then there was another section where they broke down the teams further and this is what was said:

That does seem like a likely scenario. We really need to step up and beat the Ravens - they have smacked us around seemingly every time we've faced them outside that Camarillo game, and exactly the type of team we need to beat this year to turn the page.

If you were at the grocery store last night, i picture you in a brown robe and flip flops, sniffing the cream.

That does seem like a likely scenario. We really need to step up and beat the Ravens - they have smacked us around seemingly every time we've faced them outside that Camarillo game, and exactly the type of team we need to beat this year to turn the page.

If you were at the grocery store last night, i picture you in a brown robe and flip flops, sniffing the cream.

:lol: Me too ...

grocery510b.jpg

... Then, writing a check for $0.69

I wish I was The Dude :hump:

Actually my outfit was a blue polo shirt, shorts, Nike sandals, and my flat-brimmed Dolphins hat (if you must know).

Back
Top Bottom