Official 2015 Power Rankings Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 2015 Power Rankings Thread

:lol: Me too ...

grocery510b.jpg

... Then, writing a check for $0.69

I don't have a checkbook but I do have pocket change :chuckle:

ESPN Week One Power Rankings out....they have the Patriots 2nd and the Phins 15th. What a crock of sh*t:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/1?sf12897084=1

Looks to be mostly based on last year as the records are almost numerical from top to bottom. The facts that they bring up about the Dolphins over the last 2 years though tell you all we really need to know (which we already do). They've been average for some time. 15 is right if you're basing it off of the last few years and not necessarily what you expect in 2015.

PFF has their AFC ranking out, got Dolphins at #5.

Miami Dolphins

In the three years of the Ryan Tannehill era, the Dolphins have been nothing more or less than an average football team. The team made enough changes this offseason that should push them from an average team to an above-average one. After Jarvis Landry (80.2) had a breakout rookie season at wide receiver, they surrounded him with solid starters in Greg Jennings (77.9) and Kenny Stills (76.3), with rookie DeVante Parker fighting for playing time as well. There are few teams that can line up two All-Pro caliber defensive linemen next to each other, and the Dolphins can now do that with Cameron Wake (85.4) and Ndamukong Suh (87.3). Add in that one of their best players, LT Branden Albert (87.5), is coming back from injury, and you have a team poised to make their return to the playoffs.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/08/ranking-every-afc-team-by-projected-finish/

Just win baby! Just win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would feel better about those rankings if they didn't have the Jets rated 7th. No way can I see them being a top 10 team unless Fitzpatrick suddenly turns into Kurt Warner and they have at least a top 15 offense. I don't think getting back Darelle Revis all of a sudden makes them a serious contender, they usually have at least a pretty good defense, but a turnover friendly QB will destroy any team, I don't care if you have the #1 defense.

I would feel better about those rankings if they didn't have the Jets rated 7th. No way can I see them being a top 10 team unless Fitzpatrick suddenly turns into Kurt Warner and they have at least a top 15 offense. I don't think getting back Darelle Revis all of a sudden makes them a serious contender, they usually have at least a pretty good defense, but a turnover friendly QB will destroy any team, I don't care if you have the #1 defense.

you don't think we can be top 10 in the AFC? we were 4-12 and 13th a year ago, I expect to be a playoff contender so I would hope we'd be top 10 in the conference. our D is much more than revis and we have many more weapons on than we have had in a long time. I don't have faith in Fitz but if he can be mediocre we should contend for a playoff spot.

you don't think we can be top 10 in the AFC? we were 4-12 and 13th a year ago, I expect to be a playoff contender so I would hope we'd be top 10 in the conference. our D is much more than revis and we have many more weapons on than we have had in a long time. I don't have faith in Fitz but if he can be mediocre we should contend for a playoff spot.

Certainly have a better shot with Fitz. I respect that defense and Chris Ivory, but I don't respect much else on the Jets. Fitz definitely has a couple of receivers to work with, though.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Bills ranked below the Jets and Steelers ranked 10th? Not sure I can agree with that. I definitely think Baltimore is overrated, though.

Certainly have a better shot with Fitz. I respect that defense and Chris Ivory, but I don't respect much else on the Jets. Fitz definitely has a couple of receivers to work with, though.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Bills ranked below the Jets and Steelers ranked 10th? Not sure I can agree with that. I definitely think Baltimore is overrated, though.

I may be overly optimistic but I feel pretty comfortable every except QB.

I may be overly optimistic but I feel pretty comfortable every except QB.

Of course, you claim that you deal in reality with every team except yours. Makes complete sense.

Of course, you claim that you deal in reality with every team except yours. Makes complete sense.

I think I am pretty realistic w/ my team but we all have biases. I try to be as honest as I can be. we have a pretty solid team everywhere except QB. am I wrong? this is the most talented O in many years, as good as our Ds were in 2009/2010 this D on paper is more talented. doesn't mean we will be better but I think we have a pretty good chance to be better.

From the Score:

12. Miami Dolphins

Previous Rank: 14th

Ryan Tannehill made significant improvements in all aspects of his game last year and is on the cusp of stardom. With Ndamukong Suh in tow, the Dolphins could surprise many by ending a six-year playoff drought. - Arun Srinivasan

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/826434

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

I think I am pretty realistic w/ my team but we all have biases. I try to be as honest as I can be. we have a pretty solid team everywhere except QB. am I wrong? this is the most talented O in many years, as good as our Ds were in 2009/2010 this D on paper is more talented. doesn't mean we will be better but I think we have a pretty good chance to be better.

How can it be the most talented O in years when the QB stinks?

Back
Top Bottom