Official 76ers Thread | Page 73 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official 76ers Thread

In a surprising turn of events, the Sixers have now moved to the front of the list, side by side with the Nets, as the front runners for Carmelo Anthony. It would be centered around Iggy, Thad, and expirings, and not include Turner or Jrue. Another trade idea revolves around Iggy to the Nuggets, Melo to the Nets, and Favors to the Sixers which I would do in a heartbeat also. We get a very talented, super athletic big man who can defend, and free up a lot of cap space. If Rod Thorn gets either deal done, wow. And Rod Thorn is just the man to do these big time trades as evidenced by his time in New Jersey. And we all know how much Billy King (New GM for the Nets) loves multi team deals.

That is where another team equipped with attractive assets could enter the picture, multiple sources said: the Philadelphia 76ers. New team president Rod Thorn and GM Ed Stefanski – who formerly worked together in New Jersey – could be central to constructing a deal that would compel the Nuggets to move Anthony rather than endure a season-long distraction that ends with Anthony leaving as a free agent after the season. The key pieces of the Philadelphia equation would be the expiring contracts of Jason Kapono ($6.64 million) and Willie Green ($3.98 million), a young talent such as Thaddeus Young, and Andre Iguodala, who is coming off a solid contribution to Team USA’s gold-medal performance at the FIBA World Championships. Some executives believe the Sixers would at least discuss including No. 2 overall pick Evan Turner if it meant getting Anthony, but that would defeat the purpose of going over the luxury tax to get Anthony in the first place.

Thorn drafted Favors, so that is one piece that is expected to be integral to the discussion once the Nuggets officially begin seeking trade packages for Anthony. The dropoff in talent from Anthony to Iguodala is considerable, but so is the savings; Iguodala is due $44 million over the next three seasons, compared to the $65 million Anthony would command. Two people familiar with Denver’s strategy confirmed the Nuggets would be intrigued by a deal centered around Iguodala. The Nets could sweeten any such offer with Golden State’s 2012 first-round pick and two extra second-round picks they own in the same draft.

A package sending Anthony to the Nets, Favors to Philadelphia and Iguodala to Denver is one way all of these moving parts could come together. But Thorn is said to have reservations about such a deal, which has yet to rise to the level of discussion among the teams.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/24605774

u beat me to it lol damm man but yeah love it ww to gt anthony would be soooooo huge...could u imagine getting him, wow he would instanly put this team up there not only as the fva to won the div but to challenge the heat...I hope they get a deal done but i know it wil never happen...either deal is a smart move...love favors too but to get anthony would be like i said huge!!!!!!

u beat me to it lol damm man but yeah love it ww to gt anthony would be soooooo huge...could u imagine getting him, wow he would instanly put this team up there not only as the fva to won the div but to challenge the heat...I hope they get a deal done but i know it wil never happen...either deal is a smart move...love favors too but to get anthony would be like i said huge!!!!!!

Never say never. Rod Thorn is running things now, not Stefanski. Carmelo and Favors would both be huge. We get a superstar SF who compliments Turner and Jrue very well. Or, we get a super talented 19 year old PF to pair up with a super talented 21 year old SG and 20 year old PG while freeing up a lot of cap space to add one of the talented centers in free agency next year. Would definitely set us up on the right track to be an elite team in the future.

I have heard a little about this on the local comcast I get since I'm in Philly. I would be very very happy if we could add Melo with some of the young talent we already have.

I have heard a little about this on the local comcast I get since I'm in Philly. I would be very very happy if we could add Melo with some of the young talent we already have.

Call me crazy but I would rather have Favors. With Turner, Jrue, and Thad, I don't think we'd need Carmelo as much as we would Favors, his superb post defense/rebounding, and his super athleticism on pick and roll.

Call me crazy but I would rather have Favors. With Turner, Jrue, and Thad, I don't think we'd need Carmelo as much as we would Favors, his superb post defense/rebounding, and his super athleticism on pick and roll.
I would totally like it if we got Favors. The only person I'm not sold on even though he is young is Thad. Hopefully he can show something this season to change my mind.

I would totally like it if we got Favors. The only person I'm not sold on even though he is young is Thad. Hopefully he can show something this season to change my mind.

Honestly, if we were to get Favors, I'd start Nocioni. When he's getting minutes, he's happy. And when he's happy, he's a good player. He would bring some much needed 3 point shooting as well as scrappy defense to our starting unit.

Honestly, if we were to get Favors, I'd start Nocioni. When he's getting minutes, he's happy. And when he's happy, he's a good player. He would bring some much needed 3 point shooting as well as scrappy defense to our starting unit.
And I would be just fine with that. He has solid all around skills, but the main difference is that he's a good defensive player.

A lot of buzz about this Carmelo story from Sixers beat writers. According to their sources, the Sixers have inquired about Carmelo, and have inquired about a multi team deal where Carmelo goes to another team. igotta say, I smell something here with Rod Thorn in charge.

A lot of buzz about this Carmelo story from Sixers beat writers. According to their sources, the Sixers have inquired about Carmelo, and have inquired about a multi team deal where Carmelo goes to another team. igotta say, I smell something here with Rod Thorn in charge.
I like to hear this, but I wonder if the FO is going to try and pull off a deal like this to land a guy like Melo.

It's over. The Willie Green era is finally over. Willie Green and Jason Smith traded to the Hornets for 21st overall pick Craig Brackins and Darius Songalia. I love the trade, gives us a talented rookie big who can board, and has offensive game including a decent 3 point shot and post game. Think Channing Frye/Lamarcus Aldridge. Songalia gives us a tough backup big, and most importantly, a 4.8 million expiring contract. Getting rid of Green means Meeks will get his minutes this year which is what I wanted to see. When he's on fire, he can't be stopped. Guy can really shoot the rock.

Apparently Rod Thorn was targeting Brackins with the Nets late pick, so that's why he pulled the trigger. He would of been a lotto pick if he came out last year. Made the decision to stay and it hurt him playing on a terrible Iowa State team. Here's a highlight reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDjbvTj9_Ys&feature

It's over. The Willie Green era is finally over. Willie Green and Jason Smith traded to the Hornets for 21st overall pick Craig Brackins and Darius Songalia. I love the trade, gives us a talented rookie big who can board, and has offensive game including a decent 3 point shot and post game. Think Channing Frye/Lamarcus Aldridge. Songalia gives us a tough backup big, and most importantly, a 4.8 million expiring contract. Getting rid of Green means Meeks will get his minutes this year which is what I wanted to see. When he's on fire, he can't be stopped. Guy can really shoot the rock.

Apparently Rod Thorn was targeting Brackins with the Nets late pick, so that's why he pulled the trigger. He would of been a lotto pick if he came out last year. Made the decision to stay and it hurt him playing on a terrible Iowa State team. Here's a highlight reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDjbvTj9_Ys&feature

Yes finally the Green era is over and not too soon. This kid from Iowa St. looks to be a intrguing ball player. Not sure he cna help this yr but I have always liked songalia a lot. I remember him from his days at wake forest. Decent rebounder who can play some good d and hustles. Meeks will be given his chance to play now, lets see if he can make a good contrubution to the team. One thing I cna honestly say about this team compared to last years, it has a lot more depth. There are 10 plus guys on here who can help this team win on any given night. Should be fun to see how collins comes up with a rotation of these guys. That is 1 thing jordna never did last year. Should be fun...

Back
Top Bottom