Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide

More on Cameron and the Browns tight end situation. They can still franchise him.

It wasn't long ago the Browns appeared set at tight end after Cameron enjoyed his breakout Pro Bowl season in 2013. Remember when fans were concerned about giving center Alex Mack too much money because the team would need it to re-sign Josh Gordon and Cameron?

The tight end possesses good size, high character and acrobatic pass-catching abilities. The only thing scarier than his athletic ability is his medical file. That's what makes re-signing him or placing a franchise tag on Cameron so problematic. He's sustained a concussion in each of the past three years and also missed time last season with a shoulder injury.

Despite having the league's third-most salary cap space, it's understandable why the Browns might balk at committing to Cameron. They have until Monday to decide whether to franchise him for one season at $8.8 million. It's a tough call and it wouldn't be surprising to see the Browns allow him to walk.

At his best, the USC product represents the new breed of tight ends who stress defenses in the seams with the matchup problems they create. Picture Cameron's 80-yard touchdown against the Panthers in Week 15.

But he's not the only tight end of value who could hit the market March 10. The biggest name is the Broncos' Julius Thomas. The 6-foot-4, 251-pounder grabbed 24 TD receptions over the past two seasons, making him one of the league's top red-zone threats. But Thomas comes with injury concerns, as well.

There's also the matter of who's throwing him passes. Teams must ask themselves whether the tight end would thrive without Peyton Manning as his quarterback and Demaryius Thomas creating space for him at wide receiver?

Regardless, he should attract ample suitors and the Browns probably would need to seriously overpay for Thomas' services. Other free-agent possibilities include Dolphins' Charles Clay and Ravens' Owen Daniels. Clay is an intriguing figure, but he could command $6 million per season on the open market. He's also coming off an injury-plagued season. There's a strong chance Clay remains with the Dolphins.
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/ind...sy.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

and this on Daniels.

Aaron WilsonVerified account
‏@RavensInsider
John Harbaugh on Owen Daniels: 'I talked to Owen, he wants to come back. He's very interested in coming back here.'

was that before or after his ct scans started looking like they were written on by a 3 year old with crayon??? i'm pretty sure they were very gung ho about him before all of the concussion issues cropped up

that's one contract that's gonna be really interesting to see how the fine print shakes out

Believe me the concussions are definitely a factor...but the Browns sucking balls is probably the biggest reason he'll be gone. He's a very tough one to peg contract wise...if I were to throw something out something like a 4/30M deal with a low GTD...but who knows with him.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Andre Johnson could be on the roster bubble if he doesn't take a pay cut, per Ian Rapoport

That's who I want.

According to Ian Rapoport of Media (Video link), Cowboys CB Brandon Carr will need to take a “fairly substantial” pay reduction next season or risk the possibility of being released by Dallas.

Rapoport mentions that the Cowboys could release without any cap-related ramifications.
Dallas reportedly met with Carr’s agent at the Combine this past week about his contract situation with the team.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones indicated a month ago that Carr could be a cap casualty this offseason.

“Carr played well this year and I’m not as critical of Carr as others,” Jones said, via the Dallas Morning News. “But that’s a lot of money. One thing that we just got to do is we’ve got to make sure that every way we can, we get the value for the money.”

Carr, 28, was a marquee free agent signing back in 2012 when the Cowboys locked him up to a five-year, $50.1 million contract that included $25.5 million guaranteed.

saints need better protection from the oline...cutting evans surprises me but i didnt pay much attention to him in 2014...he's been one of the best guards in football prior...that jarius byrd contract looks more short sighted by the minute
They have massive amounts of potential dead cap and are in salary cap hell. Like Baltimore they have been juggling things for years like putting it on a credit card to get needed players but the chickens are coming home to roost this year and they will have to cut good players that they don't want to lose.

so basically its Jordan Cameron the talk.... poor kid and his concussions

Andrew Johnson I would love to bring in, he is slowing down though and struggling to separate... but if cheap wouldnt mind having him at all... but i bet he will restructure and be in Houston.

Teddy Ginn might stay in Carolina... otherwise who cares if he is a FA... still not too much going on here.

Only way I could see us getting Ginn is if we traded Wallace, and we just need a speed decoy to free up the rest of the underneath routes

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 9m9 minutes ago
The #Eagles are releasing long-time G Todd Herremans, as @caplannfl said. Injured last year, fine now. Will generate some interest.

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington 1m1 minute ago
Chiefs will be releasing TE Anthony Fasano later today, source says. Still a productive vet (4 TDs in '14) — but salary cap casualty for KC.

Chiefs will be releasing TE Anthony Fasano later today, source says. Still a productive vet (4 TDs in '14) — but salary cap casualty for KC.

now here is an interesting guy to keep an eye on.... not sure financially what he is looking for and all.

saying that though, I still want Clay back for all the reasons i been saying in the threads... he is a young guy still working and still molding his abilities.

He isn't what you need at TE in terms of a threat but I'd love to have Fasano back on the roster if he came on the cheap. Guy is a workhorse in the running game and catches about anything thrown his way. He isn't going to strike fear in anyone in the passing game but he adds depth and durability.

With that said, I still would love Miami to sign or draft a speedy TE as a seem threat, this offense needs one, Clay just continues to be an enigma, is he, isn't he...

He isn't what you need at TE in terms of a threat but I'd love to Fasano back on the roster if he came on the cheap. Guy is a workhorse in the running game and catches about anything thrown his way. He isn't going to strike fear in anyone in the passing game but he adds depth and durability.

With that said, I still would love Miami to sign or draft a speedy TE as a seem threat, this offense needs one, Clay just continues to be an enigma, is he, isn't he...

Agree, depends on the contract, have a feeling he will be able to get a little above what we would be willing to pay- but will see.

Back
Top Bottom