Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Cuts, Releases, Rumors Of such League Wide

Rams Release DT Kendall Langford, Free Up $6M In Cap Space

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 2m2 minutes ago
The Rams have released defensive lineman Kendall Langford. Re-signing him would make a lot of sense for Miami. He still calls Miami home.

Langford and Fasano.. Is this 2008?? :lol:

No, seriously.. I would not mind at all for both to get signed. Near league minimum, of course.

Langford would be an adequate rotational guy I think. Could fill Stark's role and split time with Mitchell at 3-tech. Personally would prefer a better interior pass rusher from that spot, I'd want to do better.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 5m5 minutes ago
Chargers cut Jeromey Clary with failed physical designation

Langford is a guy Miami should have interest in. Really good interior run defender, but you definitely lose something in the pass rush department in comparison to Starks, Mitchell and Odrick. Should command around a similar contract to what Mitchell got last season.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Both Lynch and Sims are more in that "Fasano" mold, so adding Fasano to those 2, IMO, makes very little sense.

Langford, Long, Fasano, Bush, Ginn... Miami could become where old Dolphins return to die? Anybody have Devone Bess phone number?

Langford, Long, Fasano, Bush, Ginn... Miami could become where old Dolphins return to die? Anybody have Devone Bess phone number?

Did Jake get released? Looks like Miami was smart not to resign most of these guys for the contracts they got elsewhere.

Langford is a guy Miami should have interest in. Really good interior run defender, but you definitely lose something in the pass rush department in comparison to Starks, Mitchell and Odrick. Should command around a similar contract to what Mitchell got last season.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Both Lynch and Sims are more in that "Fasano" mold, so adding Fasano to those 2, IMO, makes very little sense.

Personally with our need to stop the run I think the first priority is getting a real space eating NT. That would move Mitchell to 3-tech, so I'd rather find a guy with more pass rush upside since I think our run-d will be fine with a decent NT. If we don't land a NT, keep Mitchell at the 1-tech and pair Langford with a pass rusher in the rotation it would make sense. I'd rather shoot higher. More of a fallback for me.

Jake and Brandon Marshall haven't been released, but both names have been kicked around as possible cap casualties.

Personally with our need to stop the run I think the first priority is getting a real space eating NT. That would move Mitchell to 3-tech, so I'd rather find a guy with more pass rush upside since I think our run-d will be fine with a decent NT. If we don't land a NT, keep Mitchell at the 1-tech and pair Langford with a pass rusher in the rotation it would make sense. I'd rather shoot higher. More of a fallback for me.

FTB did you see this? as far as establishing some type of market value?

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago
Ricky Jean Francois signed a 3-yr deal with Redskins. Deal is for $9mil, with $4mil guaranteed. Total value with incentives $11.25M.

I'd love a space eater, but Langford is a pretty darn good run stopper. It's good to have options, in case other plans fall through and with his familiarity with the team and still having roots in the area . . . . it makes a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom