**Official Dolphins Vs. Bucs Game Thread**

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Muck, Aug 19, 2006.

1. slyfox13

slyfox13 Pro Bowler

Ill foward your thoughts on this matter directly to St Nick:shakeno:

2. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

Floaties

SWIM JASON SWIM...THROW HIM SOME FLOATIES

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Give him some slack? :lol:

You hear that Saban? Give Jason Allen some slack.

4. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

Why do people say Jason Allen gave up 3 50 yard TD's this season. The Defense gave up 5 40 yard plays for TD. Too funny man . . I'm gonna remember this thread later this season when JAllen is balling out and see all the over anxious fin fans hyperventalating in this thread.

We don't know what the defense was on any of those plays, I know what it is, everybody saw Nick getting excited on the sidelines towards Allen, now everybody must get on the rook as well, man if Nick would jump off a bridge I think half the people in this thread would jump with him lol.

5. late again

late again Pro Bowler

Everythings fine (on my end anyway). I do expect him to get better. My own frustration comes from the fact that he didn't have to miss those practices.

:dolphins: :dolphins:

6. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

I think Nick got the message. Hell, he ripped Jason so bad, Jason was about to go Manny Wright on him.

7. FinNasty

FinNasty "The Sticker Dunk"

No, I am saying as fans, we shouldnt be so critical... and hold him to such high expectations on only his first week working at and learning CB.

8. Sethdaddy8

Sethdaddy8 A True Fan

Running backs are at the mercy of thier lines and coaches quite a bit more. They are not set up to make single handed plays as much. And as much faith as I have in Ronnie...he has yet to become a dominant NFL running back... You raise your point like he ran for 1500 yds and 12 td's last year. He had flashes of brilliance last year, but he needs this season to be mentioned with the likes of LT or Shaun Alexander. And believeme, noone hopes for that more than I.

9. zonk39

zonk39 Bills, Jets, Pats SUCK!!!

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, this is preseason! there was a measurable difference between this game and the one against the Jags. Next week will be better than this week and so on. The are teaching these new players our style of defense.

Allen came in late, they are playing him at two positions and we are limited at CB right now. Give the kid a break!

We are to quick to glorify and to quick to bury, let the preseason takes its course.

10. Dolfan2788

Dolfan2788 Melubulongtime

You didn't even reply to what I wrote.

I said, in a nutshell that if he does not alter the way he is playing and keeps giving up 50+ yard pass plays then he turns into a liability and Saban cannot afford to play him in the regular season which is very sad for a 1st round pick.
    When did I say that he played bad the whole game? It doesn't matter if he plays solid, if he gives up a 50 yard pass play once a fortnight that cancels everything out and more.
    People point out 1 bad play, as I have said about 4 times now, because the Dolphins, as a team just cannot afford to give up massive plays once in while and then say 'owell he played fairly solid, only got trucked twice and burnt once today'. It's simply not acceptable, and by the way, when did I knock his versatility? Of course he is versatile he is playing CB and S and Saban thinks he is capable of it, that's a given, but just because your versatile does not mean that you are clear of receiving any criticism.

11. Amars

Amars Championship or nothing.

Look at the Picture. Reminds you of someone?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dolfan2788

Dolfan2788 Melubulongtime

Who the hell is hyperventilating?

No-one is saying that he is a bust, a lot of people on the other hand are saying, 'damn, why did he holdout?' Because it is showing now that he is going to have a really hard time trying to get a starting spot if he is a liability in the secondary because he doesn't know the playbook.

13. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

Critisicm? Nah man u are blasting the man . . u wanna criticize a part of the game . . criticize the false starts, criticize the pass protection . . do it constructively. U called him a liability? lol, man he is "out of position" he didn't play CB in college, and he made a mistake, he is learning, geezus . . we are fortunate to teach him the CB position, and he is fortunate to have the coaches around him to make him successful . . but to blast a guy that is in the learning process is just wrong. He would not have played the most plays on Defense than anybody else if the coach didn't want him to get that vital experience or didn't have the confidence in him.

14. AtticusFinz

AtticusFinz pu55yFartManufacturer

15. GCD960

GCD960 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Whatever. Even if your joking.