*Official* Dolphins vs. Jets gamethread | Page 108 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Official* Dolphins vs. Jets gamethread

The Jets made loads of mistakes that kept the Dolphins in the game, like that penalty by Woody that would of ended the game because Jones would of picked up a 1st down and around 7 yards.

personally, I don't think either team played their best games. I think both teams played well, but I don't think it's fair to say either team looked great.

Most of the issues we have are mental, which can be coached. We didn't get manhandled. There was alot of good things today. However, our young OL really needs to gel.

If I'm a Jet fan I'm not too ecstatic, a lucky as luck can get TD pass, multiple sacks, fumbles, the game changer being a bad PI call, the Jets have a long way to go if they want to be SB contenders. No doubt the Jets are a better team right now, but both Miami and the Jets have a ways to grow this season. Again, I do realize the Jets are ahead of the Fins, I'm not completely psychotic.
The jets made mistakes, but teams do week 1. All that matters is they found a way to win, I said I thought it would be close. The Jets made it closer then it really was, the Jets outplayed the Dolphins a lot, the Jets defense completely owned the Dolphins besides when they started playing soft coverage. I told you guys, the Jets aren't as weak of a defense as they have been. Jets aren't SB contenders right now, I think playoff contenders, we have a longs way to go, but if we keep improving we can get far. Dwight Lowery our Rookie CB has looked amazing today, him and Revis are a great duo.

The Jets made loads of mistakes that kept the Dolphins in the game, like that penalty by Woody that would of ended the game because Jones would of picked up a 1st down and around 7 yards.

How about in the 3rd qtr when the jets had 3 and 5 the play clock expired no call . The DOLPHINS got no calls in there own stadium, FARVE factor, will work for you all season

No we shouldn't we have a chance to win the division if Tom Brady is seriously injured. If he misses next week, we can beat them easily. Favre will get more comfortable as the season goes on, the Dolphins were exactly what I thought they were, except the fact that their run game looked bad, though our run defense is going to be really good this year. The Jets should be excited, our defense has tons of good players, you guys laughed at me saying they might be the most talented in our division, Pace looked like a stud out there, Thomas is back to 06 form, Jenkins is a beast, our CBs are awesome, well Lowery and Revis. The Dolphins front 7 isn't nearly as good as you guys made them to be, TJ tore them up.
Gholston even was getting good pressure on the Dolphins this game, and should of had a sack.

like i said, we arent even close to being as good as we can be. Im not sayin wer gonna take the divison, but we gave you guys a hell of a game today, despite the ******* refs and penalties in our way. Wait till we develop some chemistry.

The jets made mistakes, but teams do week 1. All that matters is they found a way to win, I said I thought it would be close. The Jets made it closer then it really was, the Jets outplayed the Dolphins a lot, the Jets defense completely owned the Dolphins besides when they started playing soft coverage. I told you guys, the Jets aren't as weak of a defense as they have been. Jets aren't SB contenders right now, I think playoff contenders, we have a longs way to go, but if we keep improving we can get far. Dwight Lowery our Rookie CB has looked amazing today, him and Revis are a great duo.
that's funny cuz all the announcers wanted to talk about was the dolphins mistakes. way i see it, you guys played a team that finished 1-15 last season, we made plenty of mistakes, n we still only lost by 6 lol. gg tho.

Vice versa, Miami made TONS of mistakes as a young team will. Just off the top of my head to 1st down runs by Chad called back both time by rookie Jake Long. The we let them stay in the game goes both ways my friends.

personally, I don't think either team played their best games. I think both teams played well, but I don't think it's fair to say either team looked great.
I agree, this was a sloppy game, mistakes on both sides. Both should get better as the season goes on, I'm just happy the Jets run defense looked great this game, the front 7 just looked really good, and the starting CBs were playing great Lowery and Revis. Fasano looked great for you guys, I was upset you got him, he was a player I always liked, I'm a Notre Dame fan. He is looking like a legit TE in this league.

Come on Miami was making mistakes almost every play. Pathetic play, kickers, time outs wasted because they couldn't get plays off. One after a TV time out just pathetic and poor execution.

you cant be serious? The refs made it closer than it really was. That PI call and no call on the delay of game was sad. And that lucky *** TD pass by bret favre wont happen again. You guys should be very worried

The Jets outplayed the Dolphins all game, the Jets just need to work some things out. They started playing soft coverage at the end to not give big plays. Favre isn't fully comfortable today, the Jets aren't even close to their best football yet, but our defense played good today, stuffing the run and making Chad throw.

I don't think the Jets are superbowl contenders, but you do have a good team. Was impressed with the way you manhandled us up front on defense. Your offense was pretty decent and will get better as Farve learns the playbook and develops chemistry with the receivers. I think the Dolphins and Chad will see the same happen. We were eating you up with the TEs and backs in the passing game during the second half, and I don't think that was simply a matter of your defense playing soft.

It was kind of a strange game. Looked like we got lucky when Nugent hurt himself on the miss, but then you guys got the fluke touchdown rather than a 39 yard attempt because he wasn't available.

The Jets outplayed the Dolphins all game, the Jets just need to work some things out. They started playing soft coverage at the end to not give big plays. Favre isn't fully comfortable today, the Jets aren't even close to their best football yet, but our defense played good today, stuffing the run and making Chad throw.

Your pass blocking sucks. When you go up against a team with more experience, you guys are going to get creamed.

that's funny cuz all the announcers wanted to talk about was the dolphins mistakes. way i see it, you guys played a team that finished 1-15 last season, we made plenty of mistakes, n we still only lost by 6 lol. gg tho.
Wow you are a sore loser. You talk smack all week, saying how you guys aren't that 1-15 team anymore, then all of sudden you guys are now that you lost? You are too much man, just grow up and take the loss the way it was, the Jets made tons of mistakes, not holding onto INTs when they hit our DBs, our offense not picking up some blitzes, and penalties. We finished 4-12 last year, last season means nothing. The Dolphins are a better team then 1-15, I think the Chiefs are the worst team in football right now.

You guys just dont understand do you. We had a chance to win despite everything that happened. this is a good team. We just need chemistry. You guys are over reacting.

ahhh "no", we are not a good team.

We are a young team that is going to get better as the season wears on.
I think with all the rookies and new players we have it is going to take time for them to mold.
I also believe we are a 3 to 5 win team this year. Folks, we are not going to turn 10 years of horrible management around in one off season.

Over all I am disappointed that we lost but I saw some things that give me hope for the future "if" the management keeps bringing in good players.

I was very happy with the play from Langford, Fassano <sp> and Bess.
Not so happy with the OL BUT I think the Jets are goiong to have one of the better passrushes that we see all year.

Back
Top Bottom