Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 1 | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will admit that I know absolutely nothing about this CB from Auburn. I just thought if they were going to pick a player for their secondary they would have selected a safety. Especially with the top two safeties in the draft still on the board. I know the Dolphins staff spent a lot of time with the Auburn coaching staff but it appears that this is a player who is still learning the CB position after starting his career at Auburn as a WR.

So it appears they drafted a QB who will probably sit out the 2020 season while his hip fully heals. They have a 20 year old LT who will likely take a couple of years before he is hopefully ready to play at a high level. Now they have a CB who is still learning the position and he will probably be more a returner this coming season than a main cog in the defensive backfield.

I am happy to take a wait and see attitude on all these picks but I will admit I was hoping they would draft players in the first round who could come in on day one and be immediate upgrades for the players already on the roster. I believe Tua will certainly be an upgrade once he is healthy enough to play but I don’t know if the other two picks will be upgrades in 2020. Maybe in a couple of years they will be upgrades but I think they both will need to improve quite a bit to justify being a first round pick.

Lmao...ye of little faith. OK with all but the CB. Can still get a great rb. Safety.

Slimm had him rated as the 23rd player in his top 110. I trust his opinion. They will be in nickel more than 60% of the time. A third corner is basically a starter. I'm sick of seeing McCain get torched.
Didn't they make McCain full time Safety last season?

It's time for him not to do that anymore.

I think I would rather have
Rosen
Simmons
Tunsil
Minkah
Ruiz
Swift
[/QU

I mean unless the NFL has turned into the salvation army i don' think teams would have given us their first round picks and let us keep the players lmao..

Keep crying because Rosen is pathetic and we most likely can't even get a 5th rounder for him at this point. Even with Tunsil the texans still can't protect Watson or produce a thousand yard Rusher.. Fitzpatrick is a good safety but he didn't want to be here ( you gonna let him leave in FA for free) the Steelers sure could have used that number 16 pick today.

I watched the highlights of Epeneza beating him up in the bowl game...

We shall see. Jackson looks like he can be bullied.

Yea he's not a finished product but he's only 20, but yea he needs to live in the weight room this offseason but he has the footspeed and knee bend to be a quality

This kid is about to usher Bobby McCain off the team.

Monumental upgrade coming at CB this year.

Flores must be licking his chops to get his hands on these kids.

And to think they could still land McKinney, Winfield, Epenesa or Gross-Matus to add to the defense.

Miami was all over these Auburn players. They obviously liked Iggy. He's physical, fast and developing at a quick pace. It wouldn't surprise me if Iggy develops into a very solid pro. I don't think Miami is done with Auburn players in this draft.

Last edited:
Those of you who thought it was going to be one bad year and done really didn’t understand the concept of a rebuild. That’s not how it works correctly, see Cleveland.

It was kind of funny to see the excitement of people thinking super bowl run after a mediocre season, because that’s what it was at the end.

Good selections so far

Obviously I'm no fan of the Tua selection (will change avatar when I sober up...LOL), but three HIGH-POINTS for me tonight were these.

1) We didn't freaking trade up. Grier played smokescreen bingo better than anyone we've had in years... He just played the other GMs with scenarios... love it! Got his guy without blowing extra picks.

2) We didn't waste a pick on a Wide Receiver in a draft where we can find a slot player later. Every single time that someone took a WR, I took a drink and cheered.

3) We addressed out OLT Tackle need by drafting an unfinished player (in this case... very young). This was what I'd hoped to do. Wanted Bechton, but Jackson was the next best high ceiling candidate.

My opinion follows:
We now know the idiot behind our bad drafts the last few years. I never liked the idea of promoting Grier..... And now everyone can see why.

#5 - Tua. Good pick. But Thank God he fell to us. The pick gets a B. Took no talent to make that pick..... But at least Grier didn’t **** it up.

#18 - Jackson - 20 year old project that plays LT. the pick gets a C at best. Struggled against skilled DE’s. We needed a RT as Tua is a Leftie. I hope this kid can switch sides. But even if he can..... You don’t take a RT with the 18th overall pick!

#30 - Igbanana - Are you kidding me? You trade out of 26 to a team that wanted a QB and STILL get the short end according to the draft chart. Then.... you sit at 30 with the 2 best safeties and the 2 best RB’s on the board and you draft a kid with a mid 2nd round or 3rd round grade at CB. All the while you have the most expensive set of CBS in the league?? Really Grier? That pick gets a D from me.

I’m ready to ride shotgun on the Fire Chris Grier bandwagon if someone wants to get it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom