Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 1 | Page 71 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how did you expect to get 3 1st rd picks with keeping Tunsil and Minkah? Can wait to hear this

Yeah that wouldnt work
Got carried away
Simmons and all those guys then ;)
Just a little frustrated with having these assets
Thought we should have traded up at least once

So now we can safely say that we endured a season without Tunsil or Minkah only to spend the first round picks on lesser versions of them. Which is why I really hate trading young talent for picks.

It's hard to imagine I could have felt so negative after the first two draft picks at least made some sense, but this is a reach at a position which is not a need when we have so many other needs. And as I said before, we literally drafted the two positions we traded away, so what was the point?
Except Minkah thought he had more say than the coach and when told to shut and do his job he wanted out of town. See we moved on we don't need quitters on this team.

Then there is Tunsil very good player! But he wants to set records when it comes to pay. And the dude commits to many penalties for that. Plus you don't offensive linemen that much and keep the playmakers as well. We have only used one of our picks that we got for him.

We are trending in the right direction. The biggest gamble is on the QB. He is a great player. But can he stay healthy for a whole season... We are at step two of about a 4 step process. We are not aiming for the superbowl this season.

Hopefully Tua stays healthy and is the franchise qb we've all been waiting for again but I would still double down and take another qb in the middle rounds.

Can't hate the Jackson pick. If he develops into a good starting LT then it will be a great pick. The fact that the Dolphins didn't have a good starting caliber OT on the roster means that even after picking Jackson they still need a good RT prospect. We will see if they can get one in this draft or if we have to wait until the 2021 draft and suffer through another year of Jesse Davis starting. Jesse Davis is a decent backup at OT/OG but he should not be starting if your team wants to be a serious contender. Of course the Dolphins are not close to being one yet.

Can't hate the Jackson pick. If he develops into a good starting LT then it will be a great pick. The fact that the Dolphins didn't have a good starting caliber OT on the roster means that even after picking Jackson they still need a good RT prospect. We will see if they can get one in this draft or if we have to wait until the 2021 draft and suffer through another year of Jesse Davis starting. Jesse Davis is a decent backup at OT/OG but he should not be starting if your team wants to be a serious contender. Of course the Dolphins are not close to being one yet.

Jess Davis makes 6th lineman money... and he signed that contract knowing he signed for 6th man money.

He knows that's he's there to be beaten out and promises to accept that gracefully.

There are some nice RT types left. I hope we go there.

Hopefully Tua stays healthy and is the franchise qb we've all been waiting for again but I would still double down and take another qb in the middle rounds.
Why they wouldn't have anymore upside than Rosen? And then what would you do cut Rosen? He doesn't have any trade value at the moment. Next year maybe draft another not this year. Give Rosen one more chance. Hope that at least he helps up his own trade value.

TUA pick - A rating; anytime you draft potential franchise QB without a trade up is an A.

Jackson LT - B rating; must have pick as there is no quality OT starting on the roster. Athletic and can play either side. Just needs to get stronger. Has all the physical skills and smarts. He was a reach but could not wait for him so gets lower rating.

Iggy CB - C+ rating Surprise pick. pick 26 was probably intended for RUIZ but was not there and trade down. Did not consider a must have pick. However is a good CB that can play boundary, nickel and big enough to play safety. He is versatile with elite speed and also returns kicks and can tackle. Remember Byron Jones played Safety for 2 years for Dallas too. I wanted Mckinney S or Josh Jones OT but maybe Winfield or Aston Davis are the safety targets later. A team can never have enough quality CBs or pash rushers. McCain eventually will be traded or let go with his high salary. I did not expect a RB at this pick either. This pick was not BPA but still a quality starter at CB.

For Round 2 expect to draft RB, S and OT. Maybe a trade up into the 3rd round with another pick to draft a WR. I think Auburn RT or other OTs are in play. Also Cushenberry/Hennessy in play and 4 other potential RBs in play. Still about 4 Quality S in play so not bad. For me, TUA made the first round a success and other 2 picks were gravy.

Lots of different opinions on CB's this draft. Kiper rated him as 3rd best in draft. The kid is arguably the best tackling corner in draft and physical as heck. He was slotted to go late 1st to mid 2nd. Fits the mold perfectly of what we want in our secondary. I was surprised as well honestly but I like the best player on board approach.

Should the dolphins look to trade up to acquire another 2nd round pick?? Would luv to have a third.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom