Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 1 | Page 72 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Finheaven 2020 Draft Thread - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Miami didn't have to fill all their holes on day 1 of the 2020 draft. We still have 12 picks left, not to mention all the picks in the 2021 draft too.

we should try to trade up and lose some picks

Miami has a lot of day three picks I'm not sure they would move you up that much. I mean if you offer a 6th and two 7th round picks it might move you up two spots in the 4th round, which isn't really worth it. Right now they have two late 4th round picks, at best you could combine them and get an early 4th round pick. I wouldn't mind seeing them offer a 2021 2nd round pick for 3rd round picks in 2020 and 2021. There's going to be a lot talent between the early 3rd round and late 4th round currently scheduled picks.

Hello guys, bonjour from France !
It’s my first post here ;)
Here’s my takes on this Day 1 :

1- We finally picked Tua, who has all the potential in the world to be a successful QB in the NFL.
Despite his injuries he kept playing really well during his college career, and from what i heard he’s now healthy, i feel like this pick could be a golden moment in the history of this team.

2- The second pick was Austin Jackson the LT from USC, i never watched USC but i saw some great things about him...he’s a big guy who seems to be hard to pass on for the dlinemen and he had success during his tenure there, we need to get a lot of protection for Tua and we started it !

3- The CB from Auburn, i can’t pronounce his name so it’s gonna be impossible for me to write it, but with the analysis that i made he looks pretty good in coverage, he has speed and agility and could perform really well in the slot.
At first, I was surprised but then when i heard that he could play in the slot with Howard and Jones I changed my mind, guys our secondary could be really intimidating.

I can’t wait for tonight, with the 39th someone really good will be available and I feel like we gonna like it.

For those complaining about Noah Igbinoghene, consider the following:

One, several evaluators had him rated as a top 3 CB. Even our own resident Ted Slimm. CK also has many good things to say about him.

Secondly, Flores specialty is identifying and developing players like him. If Flores likes him, that's good enough for me.

Third, all of the players you believe should have been selected instead haven't been drafted by any of the other 31 teams yet either. Which means the Dolphins valuation of them aligns with every single other team, who didn't make a move to select them in the 1st round.

So the Dolphins aren't at all crazy.

Lastly, sans Ruiz, who MIA probably didn't expect the Saints to select since they took McCoy last draft, MIA is playing this board quite well with regard to RB's and Safeties.

At the time they selected 30th, not one S or RB had been selected. And there are several with similar grades. As soon as a run on either position begins, the Dolphins will be in position to trade up to get one if they want one.

They won't be left out if they don't want to be.

Last edited:
For those complaining about the Noah Igbinoghene, consider the following:

One, several evaluators had him rated as a top 3 CB. Even our own resident Ted Slimm. CK also has many good things to say about him.

Secondly, Flores specialty is identifying and developing players like him. If Flores likes him, that's good enough for me.

Third, all of the players you believe should have been selected instead haven't been drafted by any of the other 31 teams yet either. Which means the Dolphins valuation of them aligns with every single other team, who didn't make a move to select them in the 1st round.

So the Dolphins aren't at all crazy.

Lastly, sans Ruiz, who MIA probably didn't expect the Saints to select since they took McCoy last draft, MIA is playing this board quite well with regard to RB's and Safeties.

At the time they selected 30th, not one S or RB had been selected. And there are several with similar grades. As soon as a run on either position begins, the Dolphins will be in position to trade up to get one if they want one.

They won't be left out if they don't want to be.

That is very well thought out. I was surprised the Saints to Ruiz.

I would have drafted Reagor at 18 and targeted OT at 26, but I love that Miami targeted guys at high-value positions who are absolute fits in terms of talent and culture.
We could get a talented receiver in the later rounds, and with this pick 39 it’s gonna be either a top S or a top RB hopefully.
We keep stacking up with talented players!

We could get a talented receiver in the later rounds, and with this pick 39 it’s gonna be either a top S or a top RB hopefully.
We keep stacking up with talented players!

I'd be good with Winfield Jr or Delpit at 39. Hard pass on Xavier McKinney and Ashtyn Davis, and I'd prefer they targeted RB at 70.

It's a talented WR class, but punting until Day 3 likely means punting on the group altogether. Day 3 WR's rarely produce. If they snag Tyler Johnson or Bryan Edwards, I'll take it back. Otherwise, 2021 will be another great WR group - probably even better than 2020.

Hopefully we could be able to get one of the top 3 S who are still available, I don’t see them being all gone until our pick.
But tbh I’m not really sure what is on their mind for this pick, because the last pick surprised me, i wasn’t expecting that.

With those three guy's in the secondary Flores will have a lot of options due to two of them having either played or have the tools to play safety. IMO that means the TE and slot's job just got tougher to uncover.

Dumb trade. Move back in the first for a whopping 4th round pick when we have 14 picks lol.

We already had to settle for a second tier OT at 18, wtf are we doing moving back.

Grier is such a fool.

We probably got the same player we would have no? If I look at who was drafted ahead of us. And now we have another 4th round pick in a n area where we needed one if u look at our selections before the trade. The value was kind of typical if u look at the draft chart. If we could have gotten another third it would have been a wee bit better, but it wasn’t a bad trade considering who they likely targeted with their last 1st round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom