𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

In just 10 more days ...

Bump & the boys from the local watering hole are headed up to Lake Erie on a walleye charter.

Mmmmm ... Walleye.

In just 10 more days ...

Bump & the boys from the local watering hole are headed up to Lake Erie on a walleye charter.

Mmmmm ... Walleye.
Well, that blows goats for nickels.

Thought I had more time to get the $ in, but the timetable got moved up to Sunday and I didn't check my voicemail in time. Bump got bumped. :(

No walleye for me.

You should do good Bump. A buddy of mine had been on my ass to go with him Wally fishing out to Erie.

He goes this time of year and usually catches as many as he can catch. I'll have to ask him what charter he uses in the off chance it's the same dude. Lol.

Weather didn't cooperate. It was waaaay too calm. Very little chop (maybe 1')

Still a good time, but the bite wasn't very hot. Between 11 of us, we only boated 22 keepers. However, we were able to get absolutely shitfaced.

Walleye:
C62B1A0E-E5EE-4965-A16C-1AF3BA8EDC51_zpsupygwivb.jpg

Final toll:
2A22B49C-B095-4F61-85CD-D668C29FD1B3_zpsuqrhzcah.jpg

And, with the drunken crew:
7D30EB9A-126C-4530-8917-287B34784D8E_zpsweotbgfo.jpg

So just got back from Marathon, where it was generally hot, windy and unproductive. As some of you know, we're from Canada, so our expectations are pretty low and we met them exactly. We did however catch a whole bunch of snapper, a couple mahi and 3 dozen lobster for our freezer. And, oh yeah, this guy:

20170825_132130 (3).jpg
Classic case of blind squirrels finding nuts. ;) Thank you, Florida! (Note - no permit were harmed in the making of that photo, C&R ;) )

Last edited:
So just got back from Marathon, where it was generally hot, windy and unproductive. As some of you know, we're from Canada, so our expectations are pretty low and we met them exactly. We did however catch a whole bunch of snapper, a couple mahi and 3 dozen lobster for our freezer. And, oh yeah, this guy:

View attachment 9625
Classic case of blind squirrels finding nuts. ;) Thank you, Florida! (Note - no permit were harmed in the making of that photo, C&R ;) )
Truly heart breaking to see all the damage in Marathon just a couple weeks after we were there. Stay strong, Florida, we're behind you!

View attachment 9625

Truly heart breaking to see all the damage in Marathon just a couple weeks after we were there. Stay strong, Florida, we're behind you!

Marathon is one of my favorite places on earth. They will recover but it will take time. It seems like you guys did great, especially if you were beginners! Congrats.

Me too buddy. I've spent many nights fishing for mangrove snapper under that bridge at vaca cut. We had a cooler of beer and rock and roll music blasting all night and always left with tons of fish.
I actually watched Haley's comet from there one night in 1986
Had a buddy that lived there at Key Colony with a boat so we did lots of off shore fishing as well plus Tarpon fishing under the Seven Mile bridge..
Hope it's still there. These guys got the brunt of the storm.

Me too buddy. I've spent many nights fishing for mangrove snapper under that bridge at vaca cut. We had a cooler of beer and rock and roll music blasting all night and always left with tons of fish.
I actually watched Haley's comet from there one night in 1986. Had a buddy that lived there at Key Colony with a boat so we did lots of off shore fishing as well.

We used to go down to Marathon and Big Pine and fish when I was a kid. My family would rent some little house or cottage for all of us and they bring a couple boats down. I took my wife down to Marathon when we briefly lived in Florida and she loved it. I hope the little bed-and-breakfast we stayed at came through the storm alright.

Back
Top Bottom