𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

Ive heard mackral is the best. I've personally never caught a halibut but I would love to hook onto one, guys I've talk to on the local forum say live maks work best, use a Carolina rig and no weight no trolling required in no more than 40 ft most butt like to hang out close to shore. If you have frozen maks use a Carolina rig with a sliding treble hook to hook onto the tail of the Mak and use a slinging weight at the top no more than oz start from shore and drag in sort of a zig zag formation trying to keep the bait about 4 ft from the bottom in prime location for a halibut dragging it on the bottom your more likely to pull up a ray again this is all what I've heard and haven't hooked into one yet

Sounds great, I hope you land a huge one! I didn't know they would hit moving bait.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A huge halibut here is 50 lbs, they don't get nearly as big off Morro bay coast. last weekend they had a flat fish tournament down in Santa Barbara where there were some nice fish caught.
I'll let you guys know if or what works best
Thank you
Tight lines

f46a809f0e85e99f0cf11e0810e861be.jpg

Couple of bull reds yesterday...this was the biggest one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Arrived at Jekyll island, Ga a few hours ago. First time on the Atlantic in over 4 years. Hoping to fish tomorrow or Thursday depending on tropical storm.

Good luck brother. I visited a relative there when i was a kid and what i remember is the horse flies at the beach who were blood thirsty

If you do fish take plenty of pictures. I'm jonesing :up:

Thanks FFM-
As you can see it was rough as hell. We wanted to get offshore and look for mahi..But, when we hit deep water we deemed it unsafe. We were able to anchor on the back of the reef in 90 foot of water to fish for yellowtail. I dropped a live ballyhoo down on the bottom while snapper fishing in the chum line. I was not expecting an African Pompano!

I was going to charter a boat to go deep sea fishing when I was at my daughters wedding on Jekyll island. The tropical storm shut down most of the fishing boats and when they were able to go out the fishing wasn't very good due to storm. So we elected to not spend the extra money and just ended up fishing from the pier and beach. We also dropped a crab pot in and caught a blue crab keeper. Still lots of fun.

Back
Top Bottom