𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝 | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

𓆝𓆝𓆝 Official Fishing Thread 𓆝𓆝𓆝

Sounds like a blast. We use to fish the weedlines in a relatively small boat as well. Really gets hectic when you are in a school and holding your reel in one hand while trying to garf your buddies fish with the other.
Nothing like fresh dolphin right out of the water. Haven't had that in years. The **** they pass as fresh here is barely eatable.

Speaking of fresh fish...

I was just in Nassau like 2 weeks ago(travelling through on my way to the states) and stayed in a hotel there overnight. Had a nice little restaurant and bar in it. We are hungry so we just walk right there and order food. I got grouper fingers. They tasted perfectly fine and I didnt complain, but I knew it wasnt grouper. I asked the waiter what kind of fish it was and he says its grouper. I tell him I know better and it kinda caught him off guard at first, then he looks around, looks back and me and goes "yeah. Its talapia."

They have that crap fish in all the stores here. Taste nothing like grouper. More like a grunt.

The good news is Hooters sells an excellent fried grouper sandwich with onions and melted cheese :up:

Dolphin nuggets are another way to go. Chop up the fillets into 3 in chunks. Coat with flour , egg and bread crumb and deep fry. Outstanding when you get tired of the baked stuff. Heck i'd chop up some lobster tails and toss them in as well and it's on.

Here's the boat we used most of the time. I think it was a 26 ft open fisherman.

23BillsFish.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They have that crap fish in all the stores here. Taste nothing like grouper. More like a grunt.

The good news is Hooters sells an excellent fried grouper sandwich with onions and melted cheese :up:

Dolphin nuggets are another way to go. Chop up the fillets into 3 in chunks. Coat with flour , egg and bread crumb and deep fry. Outstanding when you get tired of the baked stuff. Heck i'd chop up some lobster tails and toss them in as well and it's on.

Here's the boat we used most of the time. I think it was a 26 ft open fisherman.

23BillsFish.jpg

The bar I work at has an appetizer called fish bites. It's fries wahoo done pretty much that way. Good stuff.

Nice dolphin BTW. Well either that or you're really short... :lol:

:sidelol:

I'm 6 ' for a reference point :)

The boat was not big and usually we had 4 or five lines out at once with the outriggers and sometime a down rigger. The point being in a large school of dolphin frantic is a good description of what's going on to make your earlier point.

Unchained nice smoker!!!
I'm now one month away from gen days in islamorada. Lots of mahi, snappers, and hopefully wahoo and grouper

[video=youtube;6wspyIV7Mvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wspyIV7Mvc[/video]

Good luck slk. You always kill um on your trips to the keys :up:

Ouch, hope you got it out alright.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

All's well. I tried to pull it out with pliers to avoid having to cut the trip short but ended up having to got to the ER to have it taken out. The doctor looked like he was opening jar of pickles trying to get it out.

All's well. I tried to pull it out with pliers to avoid having to cut the trip short but ended up having to got to the ER to have it taken out. The doctor looked like he was opening jar of pickles trying to get it out.
I've had to push the sharp end through a few times and cut the barb end off with dykes so I could back it out without ripping flesh. That crap hurts! Glad you are alright.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Here is a Go Pro view of my wife after she caught a fish on Lake of the Clouds.

[video=youtube;AgvM5ykOHgc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgvM5ykOHgcIIs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ffm,

I'm having trouble uploading pics from my iPhone. Telling me exceeding size limit on every one I try. Trying to share a few pictures from the islamorada trip. Any help is appreciated

See my PM brother slk. Mean time i will pass your post on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Way back when I was 8, I was trying to cast a rapala. It wasn't going too far, so I got the bright idea of using more slack to gain distance.

That was the day I learned there is in fact "too much slack" possible. With approx. 10 feet of slack from the end of the rod to your lure, it IS possible to whip the hooks of that sucker straight through your earlobe.

8-year-old Bump panicked. Would not let dad near my ear. (He wanted to push it far enough through to clip the barb off) I made him take me to the hospital. Sitting in the ER waiting room was also the day I learned about how annoying the general public is. Picture a little boy with a rapala dangling from his right earlobe like some kinda f'ed up earring. I can't count the number of people who looked at my ear and said, "What happened?"

Doc took one look, pushed the hook through, clipped the barb off so the shank fell free, gave me a tetanus shot and sent me on my way. Dad laughed the whole way home.

You have to be careful with hooks. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom