Official Florida Gators Thread | Page 120 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Florida Gators Thread

This should be interesting
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] What if, Florida's coach wondered, we allow students to train for and run 40s against our fastest players in spring practice? What if we dangle the possibility of a scholarship if one kid actually does beat our guys? [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] You'd pay to see it, right? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] At Florida, it has evolved into the Urban Jungle -- at least that's what I'm calling it. All the details haven't been worked out, but Meyer plans to allow a few students to come in, train and race some of his players every Thursday during the spring. Spring practice begins Wednesday. The competition will culminate on April 12 when the annual spring scrimmage is nationally televised. [/FONT]
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10707122/rss

So should we start chanting "Rudy" or "Vince Papale"?

This is GREAT news!
Spring practice begins Wednesday. The competition will culminate on April 12 when the annual spring scrimmage is nationally televised.

:woot: Nice find!

this sounds pretty cool but no one will beat the Gators unless they come from the track team

Florida (March 18)

Forty NFL scouts from about 15 teams were on hand. While that's half as many as were here last year, there were still some heavy hitters, including Panthers head coach John Fox, Giants GM Jerry Reese, Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and Carolina defensive coordinator Mike Trgovac. Nine Florida players, plus two from smaller area schools, worked out on the grass field in the stadium.
» DE Derrick Harvey (6-4 ½, 269): Stuck with all the numbers from his combine drills, but ran position drills here and reportedly had an unbelievable workout.
» WR Andre Caldwell (6-0 ¼, 205): Had a 36 ½-inch vertical jump, 18 reps in the bench press, ran position drills and kept everything else from the combine.

Position Changes for 2008

* Maurkice Pouncey from offensive guard to center.
* Michael Pouncey back to offensive guard from defensive tackle.
* Jerimy Finch from outside linebacker back to strong safety.
* Ahmad Black from cornerback to safety.
* Justin Trattou from defensive end to defensive tackle.
* Steven Wilks from outside linebacker to fullback.

Injury Updates

* Defensive tackle Brandon Antwine (back) will miss the spring. His status for the fall is uncertain.
* Offensive guard Simon Codrington (chronic wrist) will miss the spring and probably the 2008 season.
* Defensive tackle Javier Estopinan (third knee surgery) will not participate in contact.
* Offensive lineman James Wilson (knee) will miss the spring.
* Quarterback John Brantley (shoulder) will miss the first week.
* Offensive tackle Phil Trautwein (bone spurs in his ankle) will miss the spring.
* Offensive guard Maurice Hurt (bone spurs) will miss the spring.
* Offensive tackle Matt Patchan (shoulder surgery seven weeks ago) will be
evaluated after the first week.
* Outside linebacker Ryan Stamper (shoulder) will be evaluated after the first week.

Interesting that nothing was listed about Mon Williams or Jerimy Finch

Hey guys, not sure where else to post... anyone have a good Gator Screen saver? The ones from Gatorzone just aren't working for me. I have two monitors and those only seem to cover one. :shakeno:

LEADERS EMERGING: One reason for UF's struggles last season was the lack of leadership. Now, outside of sophomore quarterback Tim Tebow, Meyer said he's got a few more guys stepping up, especially sophomore linebacker Brandon Spikes.

“Brandon Spikes has been terrific. Brandon Spikes has done everything — and I say everything with an exclamation point, underlined twice — that we've asked of him in the offseason,†Meyer said.

Junior receiver Louis Murphy stepped up more into the leadership role after the bowl game, and Meyer also expects redshirt senior offensive lineman Phil Trautwein to be one of the go to guys once he returns from his ankle injury.

Hey guys, not sure where else to post... anyone have a good Gator Screen saver? The ones from Gatorzone just aren't working for me. I have two monitors and those only seem to cover one. :shakeno:
Sorry bro, can't help you.

LEADERS EMERGING: One reason for UF's struggles last season was the lack of leadership. Now, outside of sophomore quarterback Tim Tebow, Meyer said he's got a few more guys stepping up, especially sophomore linebacker Brandon Spikes.

“Brandon Spikes has been terrific. Brandon Spikes has done everything — and I say everything with an exclamation point, underlined twice — that we've asked of him in the offseason,†Meyer said.

Junior receiver Louis Murphy stepped up more into the leadership role after the bowl game, and Meyer also expects redshirt senior offensive lineman Phil Trautwein to be one of the go to guys once he returns from his ankle injury.
Awesome news. IMO, let downs like we had last year are often due to poor or too little leadership among the players. The defense melted down sometimes, and I just don't think Joiner could sniff Siler's jock in terms of leadership.

Wilson, who wanted transfer, takes part in spring practice

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Wilson, a 6-foot-5, 305-pound redshirt freshman from nearby St. Augustine, injured his left knee in high school and had micro-fracture surgery to repair a meniscal injury last summer. He had another one in September. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Making matters worse, he injured his right knee in a scooter accident last fall. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Unable to practice and play, he felt disconnected from teammates and decided he wanted to transfer to Wake Forest. [/FONT]
http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10722690/rss

OK did anyone else wanna puke watching Urban Meyer sitting next to Bill Bellicheck last night.?

Mon Williams are both Healthy and ready to go Motion. That's why there was no mention of him.

Also some in Gainesville believe that Mon Williams will be out Moody for the Starting rb job if he can stay healthy.

OK did anyone else wanna puke watching Urban Meyer sitting next to Bill Bellicheck last night.?

Mon Williams are both Healthy and ready to go Motion. That's why there was no mention of him.

Also some in Gainesville believe that Mon Williams will be out Moody for the Starting rb job if he can stay healthy.

That was a bit ironic. :lol:

I know he's healthy now but he's still coming off a major injury. I have heard rumors of him challenging Moody. I've also heard your boy Rainey has bulked up alittle bit as well.

Back
Top Bottom