****Official Free Agent Signings**** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Official Free Agent Signings****

Dickson is going to be 31 in July and his current team doesn't want anything to do with him. Why do I feel like I've seen this movie before?

If he gets Fasano's money and Fasano's role, who cares? Just don't tell me he's replacing Thomas. We still need to draft a TE.

Coming from Armando, it may hold some water...

but jesus. ed dickson? come on. This whole 'fill positions with starters' thing tannenbum tries to sell us is such a load of crap. It's one thing when its on a cheap deal, but to overpay for average, again and again and again AND cut Suh.... just terrible

That’s exactly what it is fill position with starters so you don’t have to force anything in the draft.

Problem is you spend big money in free agency on guys that aren’t very good/not difference makers

They can sign Dixon all they want im full convinced they are drafting a tight end in the first 2 days

And what’s this Dixon contract gonna be in this market? $8 mil per? Yuck

Have we determined for sure that Suh is designated Post June cut? AS others have mentioned that screws next year's cap. Some speculation that we just bite the bullet and take the 26 million dead money this year and end it all.
I thought I read it from Armando that he was going to be post June cut, could be mistaken though.
If he gets Fasano's money and Fasano's role, who cares? Just don't tell me he's replacing Thomas. We still need to draft a TE.
I sort of want Fasano back for that role though, I thought he was a fine blocker. Dickson will contribute slightly more in the passing game, but cost a little more money.

How many touchdowns does he have from outside the redzone (While its raining, on prescription turf)??

Why do people both looking at the
Have we determined for sure that Suh is designated Post June cut? AS others have mentioned that screws next year's cap. Some speculation that we just bite the bullet and take the 26 million dead money this year and end it all.

I don't believe it screws next year's cap. I think it actually makes sense to use the post June 1 designation, to free up the $17 million for June 1, because there will be other cuts at that time that Miami might have interest in. Check "Over the Cap" site. I believe the dead money next year would be $9 million but if we do not use all of the $17 million saved this year, I would understand that you can roll that over into next year, largely offsetting the $9 million in dead cap in 2019. Some carpologists out there may correct me if I've missed something.

Yeah and that’s whats driving the money

I hate it. Frankly

Just something to get in the way of the rookie picks run

Must see him as the primary in line option too

Think about that Carolina o too. What’s driving it is the qbs legs threats leading to 1 on 1s and good looks for the tight end.

Without Olsen at least.

Runs thru the tight end in the passing game

Full of 1 on 1s last year devin funchess was having a pro bowl type year most of the season. Not only is it ran through cams legs but they added mccaffery which took things to a whole new level

You'll never believe who Dickson scored his only touchdown of the year against either haha

Go ahead I'll let you guess

I thought I read it from Armando that he was going to be post June cut, could be mistaken though.

I sort of want Fasano back for that role though, I thought he was a fine blocker. Dickson will contribute slightly more in the passing game, but cost a little more money.

Fasano or Dickson? Doesn't matter.. But Hoops is right. Still have to draft a TE early.

That’s exactly what it is fill position with starters so you don’t have to force anything in the draft.

Problem is you spend big money in free agency on guys that aren’t very good/not difference makers

Right, its not terrible when you bring in guys that are actually decent and worth the contracts. But to just throw out the money to guys like Thomas, Timmons, Kiko, Branch, this new deal to Wilson looks inflated. and surely we would be paying Dickson a good solid chunk

I just want us to NOT sign any more FAs. Just go into the year with what we have and rookies. Stop wasting money.

Back
Top Bottom