OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey.

nyjunc said:
Shaq is getting old and getting injured more often, when healthy he is the most dominant player in the game but we have the best PG in the league(at least top 2), 2 of the best wings in the game, a PF that is better than Walker or whoever you have starting, a young, developing C that the heat could not stop in Rd 1, a PG that would start on 90% of the teams in the league as a backup(and let's not forget that when Cle acquired him all of a sudden Lebron stepped up his game and Cle started winning then when ,mcInnis got hurt they started losing). No team has the offensive weapons the Nets have, Defense is a question mark but we have players w/ defensive ability and a good defnsive coach so i am very optimistic they'll be good enough defensively.

1. I think that Shaq is starting to break down but he will now stay healther because he has more front court help than before (Walker can and will take pressure off).

2. I honestly think that Jason Kidd is starting to break down too. This is my biased opinion though. hehe.

3. I rate Walker about as talented as Abdur-Rahim. Rahim is a better low-post scorer while Walker has more versatility to his game (passing and outside shooting). Both rebound about the same. Walker isn't a good defender but Rahim isn't top 10 either, IMO. I call it a draw.

4. Your developing Center went up against a hobbled and very immobile Shaq.

5. You guys couldn't and didn't stop D-Wade last year. Don't think that will/can happen this year.

6. Jeff McInnis isn't a great PG, IMO. He's not particularly fast, is an OK passer, an OK shooter, OK defender. He's OK but nothing to write home about. I honestly think you are hyping him up too much.

7. VC seems to choke too much when the pressure is on him. We lost EJ but Posey is just as good of a defender. Unless he undergoes a major psychological change, I expect him to disappear again come playoff time.

8. The Heat with a very hobbled Shaq swept you guys last year. You say that your team is deeper (which it is). Well, ours is too. :)

8. We're both biased. :D

1. I think that Shaq is starting to break down but he will now stay healther because he has more front court help than before (Walker can and will take pressure off).

he had some FC help last year and it didn't help. He'll have a little more but his body is breaking down from years of abuse not just what he'd doing now.

2. I honestly think that Jason Kidd is starting to break down too. This is my biased opinion though. hehe.

i can agree w/ that but that's where having a big time backup comes in. mcinnis can start on most teams so teams won't get much of a breather when Kidd sits down.

3. I rate Walker about as talented as Abdur-Rahim. Rahim is a better low-post scorer while Walker has more versatility to his game (passing and outside shooting). Both rebound about the same. Walker isn't a good defender but Rahim isn't top 10 either, IMO. I call it a draw.

Rahim is younger and in better shape and has put up better #s in recent years, add in the selfishness of Walker and it's a slam dunk rahim is the better addition.

4. Your developing Center went up against a hobbled and very immobile Shaq.

We don't know that Shaq will ever be the real Shaq again.

5. You guys couldn't and didn't stop D-Wade last year. Don't think that will/can happen this year.

Very few can stop him but a healthy jefferson can slow him down a bit and we didn't have a healthy RJ.

6. Jeff McInnis isn't a great PG, IMO. He's not particularly fast, is an OK passer, an OK shooter, OK defender. He's OK but nothing to write home about. I honestly think you are hyping him up too much.

he is a very underrated PG and could start on most teams. wade is not a real PG, he is a 2 forced to play 1. Who is your real PG, I bet McInnis is better.

7. VC seems to choke too much when the pressure is on him. We lost EJ but Posey is just as good of a defender. Unless he undergoes a major psychological change, I expect him to disappear again come playoff time.

You guys couldn't stop him in the playoffs so I'm not sure how much choking he was doing and he also hit a game tying shot at the buzzer in one of the games.

8. The Heat with a very hobbled Shaq swept you guys last year. You say that your team is deeper (which it is). Well, ours is too.

We were undermanned and unhealthy.

8. We're both biased.

I try not to be, I picked Miami to beat the Nets. I wasn't totally blind but w/ good health and the moves we've made I think we have a team that can win it all if things break right.

Uh-oh, things have taken a bad turn. I just got an e-mail from the Nets that today's schedule PC to introduce the new acquisitions has been put on hold. Here is what I received:

During the course of the normal physical examination taken by forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim on Wednesday, August 3, 2005, to complete the trade, a question arose concerning a portion of the testing, Nets President Rod Thorn announced today. The Nets are currently in the process of seeking other medical opinions, and until further notice, the trade with Portland for Abdur-Rahim has been put on hold. The Nets have until August 12, 2005, to complete the trade.

As a result of this development, the Nets have cancelled today's scheduled press conference to announce the team's free agent signings.

This changs alot of my arguments from the past 2 days :( hopefully it's nothing.

nyjunc said:
Rahim is younger and in better shape and has put up better #s in recent years, add in the selfishness of Walker and it's a slam dunk rahim is the better addition.

Shareef Abdur-Rahim was born on Dec 11, 1976.

Antoine Walker was born on Aug 12, 1976.

Yeah.....he is younger.....by a few months..... :rofl3:

Better Shape? Rahim has had more injuries than Toine....he has also missed more time than toine....Toine is clearly more durable.....so I gotta disagree.

As for who has had better numbers?

Their numbers are as equal as can be career wise (they are almost exact)....but lately.....Walker has the better numbers...mostly due to Rahim's injury problems...

Section126 said:
Shareef Abdur-Rahim was born on Dec 11, 1976.

Antoine Walker was born on Aug 12, 1976.

Yeah.....he is younger.....by a few months..... :rofl3:

Better Shape? Rahim has had more injuries than Toine....he has also missed more time than toine....Toine is clearly more durable.....so I gotta disagree.

As for who has had better numbers?

Their numbers are as equal as can be career wise (they are almost exact)....but lately.....Walker has the better numbers...mostly due to Rahim's injury problems...

Walker is fatter and always out of shape. As for #s, you can look at pure points and give the nod to Walker but look at the minutes played and shot attempts. Abdur-Rahim is a much more efficient player.

nyjunc said:
Walker is fatter and always out of shape. As for #s, you can look at pure points and give the nod to Walker but look at the minutes played and shot attempts. Abdur-Rahim is a much more efficient player.

Rahim is clearly more efficient...IMO...but Toine is more durable...and that nulifies almost any edge that Rahim has....

BTW..Walker is not fat.....

There are very few "FAT" NBA players....

I also laugh at those that say that SHAQ is fat.....have some of these guys seen what Shaq looks like with his shirt off?

nyjunc said:
I try not to be, I picked Miami to beat the Nets. I wasn't totally blind but w/ good health and the moves we've made I think we have a team that can win it all if things break right.

That right there has got to be one of the most biased comments made. The nets have no chance to win the championship....none. Its been proven over the last 30 yrs, no team built like that can win it all.

Section126 said:
I also laugh at those that say that SHAQ is fat.....have some of these guys seen what Shaq looks like with his shirt off?

:eek::shakeno:

nyjunc said:
he had some FC help last year and it didn't help. He'll have a little more but his body is breaking down from years of abuse not just what he'd doing now.

i can agree w/ that but that's where having a big time backup comes in. mcinnis can start on most teams so teams won't get much of a breather when Kidd sits down.

We don't know that Shaq will ever be the real Shaq again.

Very few can stop him but a healthy jefferson can slow him down a bit and we didn't have a healthy RJ.

he is a very underrated PG and could start on most teams. wade is not a real PG, he is a 2 forced to play 1. Who is your real PG, I bet McInnis is better.

You guys couldn't stop him in the playoffs so I'm not sure how much choking he was doing and he also hit a game tying shot at the buzzer in one of the games.

We were undermanned and unhealthy.

- Shaq had nobody in the frontcourt to take the offensive load off him and only when we got Zo did he have a big who could help on D.

- Mcinnis cant start on most teams I dont know why you think he is so great. Yea he had a good stretch when he got traded to Cleveland two years ago but he has never put together a good season.

- We dont know if Shaq will ever be the real Shaq again just like we dont know if Kidd will ever get back to his MVP typ seasons.

- Why would a healthy jefferson slow wade down? Its not like Jefferson is known as a great defensive player.

- You think Mcinnis is better? thats hilarious. ask any non-nets fan and they would take Wade at PG over Mcinnis.

- Carter averaged 26.8 PPG against the heat in the playoffs. Sounds good but problem is he did it on 36% shooting. And he had like three chances to hit that game-tying buzzer and it was kind of lucky to begin with. That said the Heat still won the game.

Section126 said:
????

Please don't tell me that you are in that "Shaq is Fat" crowd......

The guy is sculpted.

Shaq isn't fat, but you could have picked a more "straight" wording for that.

Section126 said:
Rahim is clearly more efficient...IMO...but Toine is more durable...and that nulifies almost any edge that Rahim has....

BTW..Walker is not fat.....

There are very few "FAT" NBA players....

yes, he has breasts. When Shaq first came in the league he was in tremendous shape and was cut all over, now his arms are somewhat cut but he has breasts.

That right there has got to be one of the most biased comments made. The nets have no chance to win the championship....none. Its been proven over the last 30 yrs, no team built like that can win it all.

But a team w/ Antoine Walker & jason Williams can win a title? :lol:

You think Mcinnis is better? thats hilarious. ask any non-nets fan and they would take Wade at PG over Mcinnis.

Obviously I'd take Wade over mcInnis but Wade is nto a PG, I'd take McInnis over Williams.

nyjunc said:
yes, he has breasts. When Shaq first came in the league he was in tremendous shape and was cut all over, now his arms are somewhat cut but he has breasts.

Watch the show on ESPN titled "Shaquille" and then try to say that with a straight face.

But a team w/ Antoine Walker & jason Williams can win a title? :lol:

Yes...because Dwayne Wade and Shaquille O'Neal play on that team.

Obviously I'd take Wade over mcInnis but Wade is nto a PG, I'd take McInnis over Williams.

You would obviously be fired within a week as a GM.

BTW...has the Rahim deal even gone through yet? :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom