OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFICIAL: Heat Gets Walker, Williams and Posey.

Im not a nash fan but a that's how a point should play.

Amars said:
Nash has 11/1 assist/turnover ratio

You do realize you're comparing apples to oranges right? Look who Nash has to pass to. J-Will had no one but Gasol. Now he has Shaq and Wade.

Antoine Walker has agreed to COME OFF THE BENCH...what does that tell you?

that tells me he will be whining and demanding a trade by midseason.

Jason Williams is good friends with Shaq and the Diesel will keep him under control.

jason Williams is an out of control, overrated streetball player. Being friends w/ Shaq will not turn him into something he is not. he might be a good citizen but he's not a team player and never will be.

James Posey is a defensive stopper that can score....

I LOVE getting Posey, that's the best part of the deal.

The Heat has now become the most talented team in the NBA....how can I not like the trade?

you have the most talented player when he's healthy(which is rare) but I think Det and the Nets have more talent in the East. Show me a team w/ more weapons than the Nets?

Sec-126; I can't belive you like this move(actually I can b/c your teams can do no wrong in your eyes). As much as we bang heads you do have knowledge of the NBA game, i can't believe you like this move.

nyjunc said:
you have the most talented player when he's healthy(which is rare) but I think Det and the Nets have more talent in the East. Show me a team w/ more weapons than the Nets?

Dunno what you're talking about, Wade is always healthy. I know you want to root for your team, but the Nets have far more issues to deal with than the Heat. Until they can stop anyone it will be a struggle. I like Rahim, but hes no defensive stopper. Neither is Kristic. There is one constant in the NBA these days, if you have no interior presence on the defensive end, you dont last very long in the playoffs.

Ferretsquig said:
Dunno what you're talking about, Wade is always healthy. I know you want to root for your team, but the Nets have far more issues to deal with than the Heat. Until they can stop anyone it will be a struggle. I like Rahim, but hes no defensive stopper. Neither is Kristic. There is one constant in the NBA these days, if you have no interior presence on the defensive end, you dont last very long in the playoffs.

Shaq is the best player in the league when healthy.

I had you as my preseason favorite to at least win the East and probably win it all but that definitely changes now. I just hate this move by Miami.

You are right, the Nets major issue will be defensively but it's going to be tough for teams to score w/ them. The nets have some players that can play D and Frank is a good defensive coach, we'll see if it meshes. I'm banking it will but you never know.

nyjunc said:

jason Williams is an out of control, overrated streetball player. Being friends w/ Shaq will not turn him into something he is not. he might be a good citizen but he's not a team player and never will be.

Sec-126; I can't belive you like this move(actually I can b/c your teams can do no wrong in your eyes). As much as we bang heads you do have knowledge of the NBA game, i can't believe you like this move.

Since was Shareef Abdur-Rahim a winning player? In fact, I don't think he's ever been on a winning team.

RWhitney014 said:
Since was Shareef Abdur-Rahim a winning player? In fact, I don't think he's ever been on a winning team.

He hasn't been in the playoffs yet, the longest streak by any player that has made an allstar team I believe.

nyjunc said:
Shaq is the best player in the league when healthy.

I had you as my preseason favorite to at least win the East and probably win it all but that definitely changes now. I just hate this move by Miami.

You are right, the Nets major issue will be defensively but it's going to be tough for teams to score w/ them. The nets have some players that can play D and Frank is a good defensive coach, we'll see if it meshes. I'm banking it will but you never know.

Its fine to hate the move, I have no idea if it will work out. But one thing is certain, Miami was not the best team in the league before this trade. San Antonio will be better next year and barring injury, are the favorites again. This trade may not make Miami better, but the potential is there. There is no disputing there is more talent in Miami now than before.

As for the Nets, they will be a fun team to watch, and probably will win some games too. If that is the limit to your expectations then fine, but they cant challenge for the championship with that team.

Look a shaq number over the past five years. They are dropping like mike tyson. I give the heats window of opportunity 3yrs to win a championship.

nyjunc said:

This is Miami (a great place to be rich) Antoine Walker will be on a contender with high character guys....He had to sign off on the deal and Riley specifically told him that he would play mostly with the second unit....He accepted...This tells me he wants to win....there have been many players JUST LIKE HIM over the years that have taken the same path.

You are remembering him from his Sacramento days....he has become a more controlled player...On this team with ZERO pressure to score...he can concentrate on passing and penetrating and kicking....I think he is in for a career year....think...something like 13 points 8 assists per game.

I agree......he is key in this deal.

More weapons than the Nets? How bout a team with the most dominant big man in the game.....a top five perimeter player who is on the fast track to the MVP short list....a Ten and Ten PF....a guy that averages 20 points and 9 rebounds...a defensive stopper that averages double digits....a point guard that is a 13 and 8 guy waiting to happen with his new teammates....and another guy that was one of the best 3 pt. shooters in the game close to signing back....all while they have a young player that everybody raves about in the summer league....not to mention a big power forward that was a force at Kansas.

Sorry to ramble....I like the Nets team...but they don't match up very well with the Heat or the Pacers as of now.....against The Pistons?...They do...because Flip Saunders is a total disaster.

I do like this move.....and I rip our teams plenty...especially the Fins..but I can't rip this move...this was a bonanza....and put the Heat only looking "westward" for their major competition.

I do like the Nets team this year....I say that your prediction "CAN" happen...but if it does....it won't be pretty....

I say it's Heat, Pacers, Pistons, ...then NETS...

NBA rankings (Top ten) IMO:

1. Spurs
2. Heat
3. Pacers
4. Pistons
5. Mavericks
6. Rockets
7. Nets
8. Suns
9. Nuggets
10. Sixers

I cannot believe anyone could actually poo poo this trade.

Section126 said:
I do like the Nets team this year....I say that your prediction "CAN" happen...but if it does....it won't be pretty....

I say it's Heat, Pacers, Pistons, ...then NETS...

NBA rankings (Top ten) IMO:

1. Spurs
2. Heat
3. Pacers
4. Pistons
5. Mavericks
6. Rockets
7. Nets
8. Suns
9. Nuggets
10. Sixers

Yeah, you have to put the Spurs in front because that core has played together for a while now, and technically they are the champs.
However, I wouldn't put Philadelphia over Cleveland. LBJ, Hughes, Marshall/Gooden, Big Z...likely they're gonna add a PG like Damon Jones as well. I don't know if Philly is a better team. Nets are probably 'most improved' with a line-up of Kidd-Vince-Jefferson-SAR-Krstic.

2 Pistolz said:
Yeah, you have to put the Spurs in front because that core has played together for a while now, and technically they are the champs.
However, I wouldn't put Philadelphia over Cleveland. LBJ, Hughes, Marshall/Gooden, Big Z...likely they're gonna add a PG like Damon Jones as well. I don't know if Philly is a better team. Nets are probably 'most improved' with a line-up of Kidd-Vince-Jefferson-SAR-Krstic.

I gotcha.....

I just really like the young players that Philly has.....

This is Miami (a great place to be rich) Antoine Walker will be on a contender with high character guys....He had to sign off on the deal and Riley specifically told him that he would play mostly with the second unit....He accepted...This tells me he wants to win....there have been many players JUST LIKE HIM over the years that have taken the same path.

He aaccepted the mov to Dallas and then wanted out, he was a "model citizen" upon returning to Boston then anted out. The guy is Derrick Coleman part II and DC didn't stop whining until he was no longer a productive player.

You are remembering him from his Sacramento days....he has become a more controlled player...On this team with ZERO pressure to score...he can concentrate on passing and penetrating and kicking....I think he is in for a career year....think...something like 13 points 8 assists per game.

I'll believe it when I see it. He has always been an overrated player, always trying to make the spectacular pass instead of the fundamental pass. We talked about the OTHER Jason Williams earlier this offseason, even though he hasn't played in years(and is a dookie) I'd rather take a chance on him than this one.

More weapons than the Nets? How bout a team with the most dominant big man in the game.....a top five perimeter player who is on the fast track to the MVP short list....a Ten and Ten PF....a guy that averages 20 points and 9 rebounds...a defensive stopper that averages double digits....a point guard that is a 13 and 8 guy waiting to happen with his new teammates....and another guy that was one of the best 3 pt. shooters in the game close to signing back....all while they have a young player that everybody raves about in the summer league....not to mention a big power forward that was a force at Kansas.

Shaq is getting old and getting injured more often, when healthy he is the most dominant player in the game but we have the best PG in the league(at least top 2), 2 of the best wings in the game, a PF that is better than Walker or whoever you have starting, a young, developing C that the heat could not stop in Rd 1, a PG that would start on 90% of the teams in the league as a backup(and let's not forget that when Cle acquired him all of a sudden Lebron stepped up his game and Cle started winning then when ,mcInnis got hurt they started losing). No team has the offensive weapons the Nets have, Defense is a question mark but we have players w/ defensive ability and a good defnsive coach so i am very optimistic they'll be good enough defensively.

Sorry to ramble....I like the Nets team...but they don't match up very well with the Heat or the Pacers as of now.....against The Pistons?...They do...because Flip Saunders is a total disaster.

If Shaq is healthy nobody matches up well w/ Miami but if not then the Nets will beat Miami This is not the same team you beat up last year. It's a healthier, deeper and more talented squad.

Indiana I think is a tad overrated, yeah they played well down the stretch but let's not forget who was the key to that team(Miller) and he's gone and who knows what you get from Artest BUT they have an outstanding coach and will be in it but I'd rate NJ ahead of them.

Back
Top Bottom