*** Official Jacksonville Jaguars @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3 | Page 81 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Jacksonville Jaguars @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3

Listening to Troy Aikman talk about Rosen, was very eye opening. Said a lot of things that make sense about his potential.
I don’t like Fitz at all. Never did. I want Rosen to be the guy. We all do. He can do things that show why he was a top 10 pick. That said, I like how Flores is making him really earn the job. However long it takes. Light a fire and challenge the kid to step up.

The reason I dislike Rosen the most is because I would have been happy drafting McCoy in the 2nd. I just can't wait until we spend another couple of top picks on the O-line, hopefully we get it right this time.
Sounds like a reason to dislike the team's decision making, not a reason to "dislike Rosen the most."

I'll say this, Miami's Defense is going to be underrated. They play aggressively and smart. They seem to be able to stop the run. Baker and Eguaveon fly all over the place. And they've done this without, Jones, McMillan, Alonso and McDonald.
I think they’re doing this because they don’t have players like McMillan, Alonso and McDonald. Baker and Eguaveon are better players. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kiko doesn’t make it to September in aqua and coral.

I don’t like Fitz at all. Never did. I want Rosen to be the guy. We all do. He can do things that show why he was a top 10 pick. That said, I like how Flores is making him really earn the job. However long it takes. Light a fire and challenge the kid to step up.
At first, I was upset when the trade went down. Because of what and who Miami passed on earlier in round 2. But since watching him play you can see the talent, he's been under constant duress under center and still is making plays. You see the pre snap talent, you can see the pocket awareness and presence. I like his long term potential.

Good for Flores. I also really liked the Jaz-Z playlist, it's my team.

I've grown up white and catholic in Canada so I can't really speak much to social injustice other than to say I realize it exists. While I support the player(s) in the movement, I don't think attacking the team owner is the best platform.

This is a good point. I know Jones and Alonso are a bit polarizing on this board but they will make the D better. TJ is a very solid player too. I’m not sold on Mac. From day 1 be struck me as a guy that needed to be time warped back to the 60’s to thump RBs. The D might look slower w him in there.
Funny in college McMillan was seen as the better college player than Baker. Now it’s clearly Baker who’s the better pro.

Nah he seemed intent on letting people know his stance. If he wanted out he would of gave some standard answer. He got emotional about it.

I thought he handled it well. Its an issue close to him and I think he responded professionally and appropriately.

Just my take for what its worth.

Like Josh Rosen, Daniel Jones of the New York Giants is another QB who's getting lots of negatives thrown his way. And all he's done so far in New York, is make plays. That's what Josh Rosen is to Miami. The Arizona Cardinals may have gifted Miami its franchise QB. But like Jones in New York, time will tell.

Sounds like a reason to dislike the team's decision making, not a reason to "dislike Rosen the most."
Sorry, that came out wrong. I don't dislike Rosen at all, I just would have been happy with McCoy. I'll be upset with the team's decision making if Rosen never really gets a chance although I don't really expect it to come right away.

I noticed DeLuca getting some run with the ones tonight. Hoops noticed it too. He also made some nice plays In scrimmage with TB. He also didn’t play in mop up time. They may have him rated higher than Hanks and Watson. He has decent size, smart, and physical. All Flores prerequisites. Not great speed though. LB position will be interesting.

Good for Flores. I also really liked the Jaz-Z playlist, it's my team.

I've grown up white and catholic in Canada so I can't really speak much to social injustice other than to say I realize it exists. While I support the player(s) in the movement, I don't think attacking the team owner is the best platform.

Why not???

Equity and leadership should matter?

especially when you're (i.e. Ross) presenting a "narrative" that does NOT match reality?

Truth is.

I noticed DeLuca getting some run with the ones tonight. Hoops noticed it too. He also made some nice plays In scrimmage with TB. He also didn’t play in mop up time. They may have him rated higher than Hanks and Watson. He has decent size, smart, and physical. All Flores prerequisites. Not great speed though. LB position will be interesting.
Deluca has been a very pleasant surprise. Typical NE type player. Hanks looks like he's going to the PS. Watson I think makes the team.

Funny in college McMillan was seen as the better college player than Baker. Now it’s clearly Baker who’s the better pro.

He had such a good rookie camp, I always wondered who he would be in year 3 if he didn’t blow his knee up on that first play. You have to imagine he lost something to that injury

Back
Top Bottom