*** Official Jacksonville Jaguars @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3 | Page 82 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Official Jacksonville Jaguars @ Miami Dolphins Game Thread *** Preseason Wk3

I think Flores’s did a nice job having the team ready with so many starters down, the defense was exotic, fast and physical, impressive showing..

I think Flores has done a nice job adapting after losing Caldwell, big shakeup there for a young coach.

I think he’s doing a brilliant job with Rosen and expectations, I believe he is waiting for the moment that Josh matures with his leadership to handle the team, he hasn’t displayed that leadership yet, admittedly by Rosen himself, that is why imo Fitzpatrick will start..and I think it’s a fine job by our head coach..

and that’s like 0.0008% of the list of round 1 QB suckery.
It's always a crap shoot. I'd rather end up having that proverbial bird in the hand now that 2 strange ones in the bush! Of course a year from now and a shot at Lawrence might make me sing a different tune!

Rosen made those plays on that drive that Tannehill never did, those two runs for 25 yards and two first down conversions was not in Tannehills repertoire, and it shows me that Fitz has taught him the importance of the threat, also the play of the night, Tannehill didn’t have the quickness in his feet to maneuver that pocket and move laterally like Rosen did on that play..

He is the superior prospect..this is getting a little more interesting, good news for our team, the better he is the better position we will be in..

Man that look in flores eyes in the press conference, play him a middle linebacker, dude is intimidating as hell. Its like we lost 22-7. I love how he used something that personal against stills to motivate him, imo stills has done zero this year so far to get any voice on this team. Take care of business first.

A few takeaways for me are.

LineBackers have been completely upgraded by development and a hidden gem. Both those guys are all over the damn place. Baker will be a pro bowler and if he plays like he has been he may be a damn All Pro.

Minkah has improved since game 1 of Preseason to being a potential star in that rover role. Played a fantastic game.

The rookie OG took a beating against one of the best front 7s in the NFL. They'll have plenty of downs but they'll have plenty of ups.

Davis is a terrible RT against explosive edge talent.

Rowe will be a very solid CB2 and may be worth a longer term deal.

Tackling has steadily improved since the beginning and tonight was the best tackling night I've seen Miami have in the preseason in years.

Josh Rosen won the qb battle and it's not even close.

LineBackers have been completely upgraded by development and a hidden gem. Both those guys are all over the damn place. Baker will be a pro bowler and if he plays like he has been he may be a damn All Pro.

Minkah has improved since game 1 of Preseason to being a potential star in that rover role. Played a fantastic game.

The rookie OG took a beating against one of the best front 7s in the NFL. They'll have plenty of downs but they'll have plenty of ups.

Tackling has steadily improved since the beginning and tonight was the best tackling night I've seen Miami have in the preseason in years.

Rowe was surprisingly good tonight and that pi in the first half was so touchy and should have been a no call. Hopefully he stays healthy because this defense was really stout tonight against a very physical team.

I disagree with Rowe, I also think the tackling has a long ways to go.

Aside from that I very much agree.

Reminds me more of someone else New England had as a rb white guy north south not a lot of wiggle and run down rather easily east west.

Name escapes me

He reminds me of burkhead if that’s who your thinking of. Was saying that all night

Man that look in flores eyes in the press conference, play him a middle linebacker, dude is intimidating as hell. Its like we lost 22-7. I love how he used something that personal against stills to motivate him, imo stills has done zero this year so far to get any voice on this team. Take care of business first.

PRE---------CISELY the point.

Motivation is dramatically underestimated @Pro level.

Yea. It works best with kids. But I'm all in!

PRE---------CISELY the point.

Motivation is dramatically underestimated @Pro level.

Yea. It works best with kids. But I'm all in!
And its not like that topic isnt personal as hell with flo, he made that perfectly clear. But using that directly at stills, how many coaches have the balls to do that in todays game. Its like he knows kenny is talking himself right out the door.

Preston Williams had a great game one, but if you look at his production since, Stills' minor contribution and lack of play from Parker, Grant and Wilson leaves Miami's potentially solid receiving group as one giant question mark going into the season.

Last edited:
Some takeaways

Rosen sits until the bye. He audibly messed up a few times identifying the Mike, and we play 4 playoff teams to start the year. He's not ready.

OL is unbelievably bad. OC is going to have to scheme out of his mind to keep the QB alive and put points on the board.

Preston Williams coming back to reality with another off game. Going up against Ramsey was a good test, and made him work so I'mstill optimistic.

Gesicki should play in the slot, it was funny watching him run out of bounds so awkwardly but he can get big chunk yardage if we played him more like Jimmy Graham

Of the bubble CBs, I think Armstrong and Lammons make it

Rowe is the #2

Linebackers finally looking good. Baker and Ego look so promising, but I would really like to see Alonso and RM once back from injury

Scheme has helped this Dline tremendously.

Bobby McCain seemingly dislocating his shoulder on an attempt to stop Fournette should send alarm bells to the staff.

Laird has impressed for sure, but for some reason I can see Gaskin making it over him. Higher ceiling I suppose?

The reason I dislike Rosen the most is because I would have been happy drafting McCoy in the 2nd. I just can't wait until we spend another couple of top picks on the O-line, hopefully we get it right this time.
I haven't a clue who the McCoy you love is. Are you smitten with 33 year old perennial backup QB, Colt McCoy??? LeSean McCoy??? Gerald McCoy??? Dwayne Haskins??? Drew Lock??? Easton Stick??? In the voice of Walter Brennan, who is the real McCoy that you desperately want ahead of Josh Rosen?

Last edited:
Didn't look too bad for a team everyone including dolphins fans expect to completely suck this year (kinda like Daniel Jones in NY with their fans) lmao. Grier's not f****** around, happy for Charles. Just wait till my boy Reshad gets back...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom