Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

As true that the QB's effectiveness is generally proportionately related to OLs being ranked proportionately better than #31 and #32

My response was not just about the Dolphins. SOS mentioned that a team's W/L record is tied to one position and I showed that it wasn't. It has nothing to do with how good/great a player performs.

You can find the W/L records for coaches and qbs but not for any other position in football. Just as it in baseball, you can find the W/L records for coaches but also for pitchers but not for any other position.

Both are team games but W/L records are still tied to a player's position and not just the coaches.

How many teams in the NFL right now, CONSISTENLY win without a true consistent franchise QB? Feel free to list them for me.

Why are people actually trying to make it sound like QB isn't by far and away the most important position when it comes to winning games consistently?

Why do people think teams are throwing 2-3 years worth of draft picks for unproven rookie QBs?

Of all the arguments people make for tannehill, this is the most pathetic by far.

Qb's the most important position for winning regular season games, not superbowls. Superbowls are won by defense, not qb's. How many superbowls does marino,tarkenton,unitas, moon have? Those are probably 4 of the top 5-6 pure passing qb's to ever play and they have one between them. How many superbowls did manning win without a defense? Last year was all denver defense and i believe when he finally won in 2006 or whatever year it was, they had the number two defense. Out of all the great offenses how many of them won superbowls? 98 vikings,84 dolphins,08 pats? What about the great defenses? Dolphins no name won two, steel curtain in the 70's, 85 bears,2000 ravens,01 bucs, 01,02 pats (we'll give brady some credit for 04 and 15 but forst two were all defense) 2016 broncos. You dont need a great qb to win a superbowl, you do need a great defense.

Qb's the most important position for winning regular season games, not superbowls. Superbowls are won by defense, not qb's. How many superbowls does marino,tarkenton,unitas, moon have? Those are probably 4 of the top 5-6 pure passing qb's to ever play and they have one between them. How many superbowls did manning win without a defense? Last year was all denver defense and i believe when he finally won in 2006 or whatever year it was, they had the number two defense. Out of all the great offenses how many of them won superbowls? 98 vikings,84 dolphins,08 pats? What about the great defenses? Dolphins no name won two, steel curtain in the 70's, 85 bears,2000 ravens,01 bucs, 01,02 pats (we'll give brady some credit for 04 and 15 but forst two were all defense) 2016 broncos. You dont need a great qb to win a superbowl, you do need a great defense.

When are we going to start doing this?

How many teams in the NFL right now, CONSISTENLY win without a true consistent franchise QB? Feel free to list them for me.

Why are people actually trying to make it sound like QB isn't by far and away the most important position when it comes to winning games consistently?

Why do people think teams are throwing 2-3 years worth of draft picks for unproven rookie QBs?

Of all the arguments people make for tannehill, this is the most pathetic by far.
We as Dolphins fans should know more than anyone that a great QB can only take you so far

How many QBs in the NFL right now, CONSISTENTLY win without a true consistent team and coaching staff around them? Feel free to list them for me...

Super Bowls can be won with a great defense and mediocre or even sub-par offense. It doesn't happen the other way around.

Coaching > Defense > Offense

Though offense is superior at selling tickets and advertising.

Marino got us to the super bowl his rookie year so I fail to see the comparison.

Dolphins had a top 10 (7th @ 18.6 p/g) defense in '84.

And the winner of that SB? 49ers with the #1 scoring defense @ 14.2 p/g.

:1st: Defense wins championships.

David Woodley / Don Strock also got us to the SB. Possibly a great defense and superior coaching had something to do with it :idk:

Dolphins had a top 10 (7th @ 18.6 p/g) defense in '84.

And the winner of that SB? 49ers with the #1 scoring defense @ 14.2 p/g.

:1st: Defense wins champioships

Never said defense didn't win championships. That's a completely different topic.

I'm just talking about winning games consistently.

You guys are talking super bowls when tannehill hasn't even won a big game during the normal season, nor has he made playoffs.

Steelers. Neil O'Donnel. Not 'right now,' but it has been done. I know this may start an intense debate, but we'll see this fall if Wilson is a franchise QB or the beneficiary of a good running game (even then, it could be a good D). Look, I agree, consistently good teams need a top (not 'franchise') QB. No reasonable person can deny that. OTOH, NFL history is littered with examples of top QBs who's teams faltered because of a deteriorating D, OL injuries, injuries to a top WR, etc. We've all seen top teams falter when a new coach takes over.
Yes, QBs are important. But too many people take that to the extreme. I'm always amused by the myth of "great QBs can carry their team." Yeah, right. They can cover for SOME weaknesses, but not for significant weaknesses. Or, another laughable argument . . . top QBs can win even with a poor OL. Wait a minute - I can't type while I'm laughing. Anyone who watched the NFL last year knows that's an excuse (or a lie).
I'm all for getting a top QB. But there's a reason a number of teams dwell in the bottom for years. Top QBs are rare. How many top QBs, by consensus, have been drafted in the last 10 years? To me, it's reasonable to give Tannehill an improved OL, a REAL HC, and a running game and see what he has. If he elevates to top QB, fine. If not, reality says it's more likely to spend -10 years looking for the next top QB.

Never said defense didn't win championships. That's a completely different topic.

I'm just talking about winning games consistently.

You guys are talking super bowls when tannehill hasn't even won a big game during the normal season, nor has he made playoffs.

I understand (yet, vehemently disagree) what you're rambling about . . .

[STRIKE]#QBwinz[/STRIKE]

if it were only about the QB wouldn't one of the best of all time get there more than once?

I never said it was just about the QB.

I said point out one consistly winning team without a consistent franchise qb. Point being, until you have a qb you can count on, you really cant count on being a consistly good team. There is absolutely nothing tannehill has done that has shown he can do that.

Judging a player or team by super bowls is too harsh IMO. I judge by winning consisntly.

Back
Top Bottom