Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Josh Norman is a Free Agent – Miami Rumors Super Thread

This is not true. No matter how much you want it to be true, it's not going to change the fact that at team's W/L record is also tied to the QB.

no one wants to hear that, and they hate you when you say it and also compare you to Omar

Local radio in this area said Norman is meeting with the Redskins today. They have around 11 million in cap room but can clear 10 million by release Perry Riley and Andre Roberts. The local guys don't think Snyder lets Norman leave without signing for what it's worth.

Don't be confused; I was talking about real football. Not the mystical realm people dabble in where it involves only a handful of offensive players for funtastical fantasy purposes.

I'm not confused. Long before fantasy football existed, you could find the W/L records of QBs.

That's why Peyton Manning was celebrated last season when he surpassed Brett Favre as the winningest QB in NFL history.

Dan Marino is credited with 146 wins.

Local radio in this area said Norman is meeting with the Redskins today. They have around 11 million in cap room but can clear 10 million by release Perry Riley and Andre Roberts. The local guys don't think Snyder lets Norman leave without signing for what it's worth.

I like him there and I think its a good fit. Can't believe we won't even get to meet with him though.

Don't be confused; I was talking about real football. Not the mystical realm people dabble in where it involves only a handful of offensive players for funtastical fantasy purposes.

Look at the Colts in PManning's last year and the year after he left. The QB DOES influence W/L. Not always to that extreme but the QB IS important. OTOH, look at NE last year. GREAT W/L record until the OL injuries mounted. Then they went 2-4. Yup, QBs influence W/L but let's not pretend the OL doesn't affect W/L. Let's not pretend Denver would have won the SB if not for Von Miller. Let's not pretend Miami would have had a better W/L record if they'd had a top 10 HC.

This debate is getting old. No sane person can legitimately argue a team can win with just a top QB, or top OL, or top HC. Yup, they can help, but there is too much evidence to disprove any of those 'if only' arguments.

I'm not confused. Long before fantasy football existed, you could find the W/L records of QBs.

That's why Peyton Manning was celebrated last season when he surpassed Brett Favre as the winningest QB in NFL history.

Dan Marino is credited with 146 wins.

Whooptie f'n doo.

Peyton Manning was certainly the savior for the Broncos last year. Thank goodness he remained healthy enough to carry his team and "win" SB 50 for them . . .

Whooptie f'n doo.

Peyton Manning was certainly the savior for the Broncos last year. Thank goodness he remained healthy enough to carry his team and "win" SB 50 for them . . .

Why am I not surprised. You said a team's W/L record is tied to only one position and I showed that it wasn't and of course you change it to mean something else.

Why am I not surprised. You said a team's W/L record is tied to only one position and I showed that it wasn't and of course you change it to mean something else.

I know it makes it more interesting and fun for those that do not understand the nuances of the game to debate the players and their statistics all day long, but there is no team anywhere that will win games without competent coaching. All other factors and positions can be manipulated to favor strengths and hide weaknesses, but without proper coaching a team will go nowhere promising.

Why does the thread about Josh Norman have to be derailed into yet another argument about the quarterback...give it a ****ing rest

wins and losses are team stats- always have been, always will be

This should pretty much be the final word on this.

It's not just the Coach. It's not just the QB. It's not just the secondary. It's not just the O-Line.

It's how well they all work, and how well they all work together.

Why does the thread about Josh Norman have to be derailed into yet another argument about the quarterback...give it a ****ing rest

Relax big guy. Besides, who at this point really gives a **** about Josh Norman since he won't be a Dolphin and will end up in Washington or San Francisco?

Threads evolve and often touch on different sub-conversations within them. This thread is dead otherwise.

This is not true. No matter how much you want it to be true, it's not going to change the fact that at team's W/L record is also tied to the QB.

As true that the QB's effectiveness is generally proportionately related to OLs being ranked proportionately better than #31 and #32

Can't argue that as it will always hold true. My point being that coaching is the most important factor. Players have to garner their knowledge and learn from someone. Football isn't self taught.

How many teams in the NFL right now, CONSISTENLY win without a true consistent franchise QB? Feel free to list them for me.

Why are people actually trying to make it sound like QB isn't by far and away the most important position when it comes to winning games consistently?

Why do people think teams are throwing 2-3 years worth of draft picks for unproven rookie QBs?

Of all the arguments people make for tannehill, this is the most pathetic by far.

Back
Top Bottom